Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QB at SR Bowl Height

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Whoa! Nassib has big hands.

Nassib is passing the eye test as an NFL quarterback. The only question left is how he plays. If he does well this week and at the combine, he will be the hottest name at the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulmeister View Post
    What happens if one of these guys has a big forehead meaning that his eyes are lower down. Surely they should just measure up to the eyes as everything above that is wasted space in terms of viewing the field.

DON'T DRAFT GUYS WITH BIG FOREHEADS OR SPONGEY HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excellent point
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    2014 Adopt-a-Bill: Fred Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by D2k View Post
    I ****ing love Manuel. I have been trying to make my case for him for a while now.

Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks

Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson has very small hands. (8 5/8). EJ Manuel (10 1/8) Ryan Nassib (10) Glennon (9 3/8) Jones (9)

And chalk up another win for Manuel.

Cam Newton Lite, would love to have this kid.
    Jimmy "baby hands" Clausen had 9" hands so if this is true, Wilson's hands are smaller. That's actually a little concerning.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...usen?id=497108
    These words were written:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

Just no Barkley or Landry Jones. Nassib, Wilson Glennon Geno i'm fine with.
    1 - Mike Evans WR
    2 - Morgan Moses OT
    3 - Troy Niklas TE
    4 - Demarcus Lawrence OLB
    5 - Michael Shofield OG/OT
    6 - Bennett Jackson CB/S
    7 - Jerome Smith RB

I want to know Barkleys hand size, he seems to have a problem with that since the team had to deflate balls to make up for his gnomish sized hands.

Completely different offenses that Jimbo Fisher/EJ Manuel run and Kiffin/Barkley. Jimbo has a major preference for the run, which didnt fully utilize manuels skill-set.

Manuel has timed in the 4.5's in his 40. He will probably run in the 4.6's at the combine (colleges like to over-exaggerate), and at 6'4 237 has the size and speed to do exactly what NEwton and Kaep have been doing.
    Truth be told, I like Barkley AND Manuel. I would be happy with either one. For me, it is down to those two (and I don't hate the idea of Bray later). It really depends on what type of offense the Bills want to run. Barkley is the more polished passer, but Manuel probably has the higher ceiling. It's like a Luck vs. RGIII type of debate. Both styles are viable, but which do the Bills prefer. And before people jump on me, I am comparing styles, not players.

Quote Originally Posted by Psi13 View Post
    I want to know Barkleys hand size, he seems to have a problem with that since the team had to deflate balls to make up for his gnomish sized hands.
    This has been completely overblown. Deflating the balls also makes them easier to catch. Who knows why they were doing it. And it was only 1 game, not his whole career. My guess is he comes in with bigger hands than current message board hero Tyler Wilson.

uh oh... small hands is back!
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey152 View Post
    This has been completely overblown. Deflating the balls also makes them easier to catch. Who knows why they were doing it. And it was only 1 game, not his whole career. My guess is he comes in with bigger hands than current message board hero Tyler Wilson.
    If Wilson's hands are only 8 5/8", you could hand pick a midget out of a circus and his hands would probably measure close to that.

Those are really small hands.

And I've never heard Barkley had small hands until some schlub on this board said he did. I doubt it's true.
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

Flacco 6'6", Kaepernick 6'4", Ryan 6'4", Brady 6'4"

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    If Wilson's hands are only 8 5/8", you could hand pick a midget out of a circus and his hands would probably measure close to that.

Those are really small hands.

And I've never heard Barkley had small hands until some schlub on this board said he did. I doubt it's true.
    I know you are being dramatic because that is probably an average hand size, but anything less than 9.5" hands is probably a red flag at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    He's also the same height as one Aaron Rodgers. Your point has been destroyed...
    Not so fast - He is not nearly as athletic as Fitz or Rodgers - lets see if he breaks 5 in the 40. He will not come close to Rodgers 40 or vertical. If he is as slow as he looks on the videos, he is going to have a hard time making it into the first round. IMO he is at best a third round talent.
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014 Marquise Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by mikey152 View Post
    I know you are being dramatic because that is probably an average hand size, but anything less than 9.5" hands is probably a red flag at QB.
    I agree. 9.5" should be what you want. But 8 5/8" is pretty **** small. That's almost a full inch smaller.

Small hands aren't a good look bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    Not so fast - He is not nearly as athletic as Fitz or Rodgers - lets see if he breaks 5 in the 40. He will not come close to Rodgers 40 or vertical. If he is as slow as he looks on the videos, he is going to have a hard time making it into the first round. IMO he is at best a third round talent.
    I watched him a lot and was never a huge fan but i always thought he was a decent athlete and wasn't slow really. He ran a lot of read options and ran with some good success sometimes. I think the breaking 5 thing is a given, he is nowhere near that poor of an athlete. Some 300 pounders break 5 man.
    2012 Adopt-a-bill: Kyle Williams, 95

I ****ing love Manuel. I have been trying to make my case for him for a while now.

Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks

Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson has very small hands. (8 5/8). EJ Manuel (10 1/8) Ryan Nassib (10) Glennon (9 3/8) Jones (9)

And chalk up another win for Manuel.

Cam Newton Lite, would love to have this kid.
    I wouldn't get too excited over Manuel, D2k. Myself and other FSU posters have watched him his entire career and were left unimpressed. I understand that his measurables are very good, but he's erratic, displays poor judgment, and isn't as accurate as his stats portray. I don't think I've ever seen him singlehandedly take over a game in the clutch and win it like all good QBs have to do every now and then. I've definitely seen the opposite when he's in the very same situation and comes up short.
    Last edited by WhenTheFitzHitsTheChan; 01-21-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

Quote Originally Posted by TAPITSB View Post
    Dude Barkley should be in the 3rd round.
    You know nothing. What an ignorant statement.
    "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

I knew a 6'7" 175 lb. high and long jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTheFitzHitsTheChan View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited over Manuel, D2k. Myself and other FSU posters have watched him his entire career and were left unimpressed. I understand that his measurable are very good, but he's erratic, displays poor judgment, and isn't as accurate as his stats portray. I don't think I've ever seen him singlehandedly take over a game in the clutch and win it like all good QBs have to do every now and then. I've definitely seen the opposite when he's in the very same situation and comes up short.
    Dually noted, and definetely respect your opinion on the matter. With that said, I dont want the guy who is considered "polished" and "NFL ready". Those guys always seem to bust out of the league. Instead give me the kid with monster upside, and off-the-charts intangibles, both key traits that Manuel has today.

From what I have seen from watching the limited tape that is out there on Manuel and every game from the 2012 season via youtube, I think he can do it all. A 6'4 237 lb. dynamo that runs a 4.5/4.6 40, can make the most important throw in NFL football - the 20 yard boundary out, never less than a 65.1 completion % in school, and most importantly to me...is a dual-threat QB with UNLIMITED upside.

To me, he is the prototype for the new-wave QB.