Thread: Pre senior bowl mock draft

Default Pre senior bowl mock draft

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

My draft this year is focused on getting some young Qb prospects in our system and providing the pieces around them to have early success. I feel that early confidence is huge for a Qb to develop in the NFL. Having multiple players that create mismatches is necessary to develop that confidence. I understand that we have huge holes at linebacker but I think it would be best if we waited until next offseason (or in FA this year) to fill those needs. This draft is going to set up the offense to be successful for the long term.

Round 1 - QB
    I think there are four good players to choose from in the first round. I also think it is time to go get the guy we want. I don't want to take the risk and wait until the second round to see if our guy is there. For me this pick is between Barkley, Smith, Glennon, and Jones. I will support whoever the Bills think is a franchise signal caller. Feel free to insert your favorite qb but here is my pick:

Landry Jones, Qb Oklahoma 6'3" 221lbs NFL comparison: mix of Jay Cutler and Matt Cassel

4 year starter, 3 4200+ yard seasons, 2 30+ TD seasons, 3 bowl wins, 12 400+ yard games, only thrown for less than 200 yards 3 times, 3 years with 63%+ completion percentage, 40 career wins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOv0OvhOLN8

Round 2 - WR
    There is going to be a great WR there in the second round for us. Whether is it Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams, Tavon Austin, or Cobi Hamilton. The guy I am hoping slides to us in the second is:

Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee 6'4" 200lbs NFL comparison: Reggie Wayne

2 7+ TD seasons, significant playing time for 3 years in SEC, great height and speed, and great body control on jump balls. 73 receptions, 1083 yards, and 9 TD this year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFykvxt0Cg8

Round 3- WR/KR
    I think this guy is going to be an amazing slot player and kick returner in the NFL

Ace Sanders, WR South Carolina 5'8" 178lbs NFL comparison: mixture of Dexter McCluster and Roscoe Parrish

3 years of significant playing time in the SEC, explosive, fast, quick, and can turn on a dime. 45 receptions, 531 yards, and 9 TDs. Also had 429 return yards and 2 TDs this year. It would just be fun to watch this guy and Spiller on the field at the same time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3djgbjiKX0

Round 4 - Qb

Take your pick of Dysert or Bray. I think there is a small chance Wilson drops to this round as well.

Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee 6'6", 215lbs NFL comparison: Joe Flacco

Will drop to the fourth round because of off the field issues. If he matured and stayed for his senior season he probably would have been a first round pick. Has the best arm in the draft, an elite arm talent. Started in the SEC last season. Threw for 3612 yards and 34 TDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCaMP4XsiUY

Offensive skill players

WR WR QB TE WR WR

Stevie Johnson David Nelson Landry Jones Scott Chandler Ace Sanders Justin Hunter

RB1 RB2

CJ Spiller Fred Jackson

Sure Landry Jones would be a nice pick....In the 4th round.
    These words were written:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Sure Landry Jones would be a nice pick....In the 4th round.
    Pay attention Jay, that's where Wilson is going to be drafted. LOL

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

I really hope for the Bills' sake that your mock is 100% wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    Pay attention Jay, that's where Wilson is going to be drafted. LOL
    So we can agree that although a "pre-combine/senior bowl/workouts" mock draft is pretty useless, as far as those go, this one is absolutely horrible?
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

So we can agree that although a "pre-combine/senior bowl/workouts" mock draft is pretty useless, as far as those go, this one is absolutely horrible?
    Yes, quite.

To the OP... why didn't you finish it and where in the hell are the linebackers?

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

+1
    Bleedin' Orange
    2003 National Champions

Why in the blue hell would you draft a kid who compares to Cassle and Cutler at 8?

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    Why in the blue hell would you draft a kid who compares to Cassle and Cutler at 8?
    Because he had a horrific Senior season and most people project him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.
    .....waaaait a secondddd....
    Bills Fan forever...season ticket holder since 2003.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    -Albert Einstein

Let's fix this a bit

Round 1

Dion Jordan OLB/DE Oregon 6'7 240lbs NFL comparison: Aldon Smith

Round 2

Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas 6'2" 220lbs

Round 3

Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB UConn 6'1 198lbs

Round 4

Jordan Reed TE Fla. 6'4 245lbs

Round 5

Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse

Round 6

Braxton Cave OC/OG Notre Dame

Get a Free Agent ILB and WR, Resign Levitre and franchise Byrd

Matt cassell lmao

Tony Pauline‏@TonyPauline

This mock draft is worse than one of mine.

He will be considered a first round pick after the senior bowl. He is to good to not be.

It hard to find an NFL comparison to him. I would put his physical attribute as a mix of Tom Brady and Jay Cutler. Decision making at the point similar to Cassel but I think it could be better than that.

I like Ace Sanders. He's a quick guy. Also, I want the DE Taylor from South Carolina. He's a stud

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
    Because he had a horrific Senior season and most people project him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.
    .....waaaait a secondddd....
    Yes 4200 yards is a horrible senior season, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsandFlames View Post
    He will be considered a first round pick after the senior bowl. He is to good to not be.

It hard to find an NFL comparison to him. I would put his physical attribute as a mix of Tom Brady and Jay Cutler. Decision making at the point similar to Cassel but I think it could be better than that.
    I guess you're a big fan of sailing passes to receivers or throwing off of your back foot when it's not needed?

Landry Jones is severely average. He's not even half as good as Sam Bradford was.