Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprise pick at 8??

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    We've talked about Glennon, Nassib, Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Ogletree, Te'o, Patterson, Milliner, Jordan at #8. I don't think there's a surprise pick this year unless someone like Moore, Werner drop to us.
    I've seen every one of those names mocked to the Bills at #8, plus a few others: Star Lotulelei, Barkevious Mingo and Taylor Lewan.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I've seen every one of those names mocked to the Bills at #8, plus a couple others: Star Lotulelei and Taylor Lewan.
    ...that would be surprising.

Considering he's returning for his senior year.
    Go Bills!

DRAFT
    1. Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
    2. Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
    3. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
    4. Trai Turner, OG, LSU
    5. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    7. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Acquisitions: Corey Graham, Chris Williams, Brandon Spikes, Anthony Dixon, Mike Williams.

Margus Hunt SMU

Quote Originally Posted by prstriker04 View Post
    that is realistic. jake locker and ponder were taken in the top 12. ponder was projected a early 2nd rd and locker late 1st. so dont be so surprised
    NO! I was told to never say never, but NEVER!
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." Joe Theisman

The way all the folks at obd talk about the roster and I agree with them when they say we have a lot of talent and the players were not used properly or maximized and those sorts of more or less comments im thinking Bills may have an unusual draft in Nix likely last shine. I feel "so far" it can change, Especially w fa and how we are successful in adding certain key personnel, but I feel we may go LB or DB first and then offensive w even possibly two qbs taken, again depending on fa moves. I see LB or DB being the strongest need at the first pick the way the 8th pick looks unless there is a "miller" type olb if not a MLB and then look for Bills to switch nigel to mlb which he played in college. A lot of scenarios can take place. Nix talked about moving if he had to for a qb so anything is possible. But it appears Bills will address 4 main areas qb-lb-db-wr in no particular order just areas of need of a impact player that can instantly produce. Its interesting how many dl players have been mentioned. I also think oline needs some adding. And I do think Bills will add a RB(fa or draft).

throwback

Quote Originally Posted by shaunta53 View Post
    Yep...
    at 8 except for a RB...
    Oh no should Jackson be worried there is a chance for Lacy? Would this really be a surprise since OBD did it with Lynch still here?

Montee Ball
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I spent half of my money on gambling, liquor, and wild women. The other half I wasted."
    WC Fields

With the Bills, it's usually a surprise who they pick wherever....

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    We've talked about Glennon, Nassib, Smith, Wilson, Barkley, Ogletree, Te'o, Patterson, Milliner, Jordan at #8. I don't think there's a surprise pick this year unless someone like Moore, Werner drop to us.
    You are missing Keenan Allen

Quote Originally Posted by premierwildbill View Post
    The only real surprise should be is if they take anyone other than a QB.
    Agreed. I would be surprised if they actually made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by b-lobill30 View Post
    Besides the usual suspects that everyone has us slated to pick, who do you think could be a surprise at 8 for us?
    Eric Reid and Mike Glennon. Eric reid is a beast at safety. Check him out on youtube. He is a playmaker but more importantly he is a big time hitter. If we added him in the backfield, that could really help us out a lot. I think he will really move up the boards after the combine. He brings some nastiness with him, which i think our defense could really use. I know safety isn't our #1 need or #1 need on defense, but he might be worth the pick in the end.

Glennon is a QB we've all heard of him by now. If you can find a QB that you think will win you Superbowls is it ever too early to take that guy? If he has a good offseason you'll see him move up, and a QB at 6'6'' would be nice since our linemen are all pretty big. The guy has an NFL arm, and size and could be the leader that we need. Fitz made some costly throws last season, improving the QB spot is a must. I'd love to draft defense, but this might be the year to get the QB first.

Matt Barkley. I see him having a good pro day and he will nail the interviews and he will skyrocket up the draft bored

Undrafted projected lowest free agent. That would make the biggest suprise.

Donte Whitner! Oh wait...

Bjorn Woenrer

If were going surprise picks Id start with Warmack or Fisher. The addition of Warmack, who is ranked anywhere from 3 to 9 on most Big Boards, is an upgrade on either Levitre or Urbick. If Levitre leaves in FA, which I hope doesnt happen, its a no brainer. We are a running team, to get the best opportunities for Spiller, Jackson and whomever is in the backfield giving them the best tools to succeed would be prudent. Another pick on a RT like Wagner from Wisconsin or Foketi from W. Texas A&M in the later rounds would field a pretty stout O-line. Ogletree from Georgia & Ansah from BYU would be my surprise D picks. Ogletree is a hybrid type ILB with mad instincts While Ansah in an OUTSTANDING DE.
    2009-2013 Adopt A Bill: Eric Wood
    2014 Draft (will change ALOT)
    1. Mathews, OT, Texas A&M
    2. Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Wash
    3. West, RB, Towson
    4. Archer, WR/RB/KR, Kent St.
    5. Aiken, CB, Liberty
    7. Washington, WR, MO
    UDFA- Ballentine, FS, Memphis / Hall, OT, Belhaven / Palepoi, DT, Utah / Cobb, RB, Cumberland / Josey, RB, MO / Ladson, OT, Delaware / Fields, OLB, Winston-Salem / Fonoti, OT, Mich St. / Siddoway, OT, Miss St. / Walker, RB, Bemidji St./ Jackson, ILB, W. Kentucky

orlando2190 Guest

Default Not Bray

Watched Tyler play at UT. Immobile, tends to panic, throws into situations that brings picks. Just don't see him as NFL quality. I could be wrong but I don't think so. Not wishing him bad fortune but we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    QB Tyler Bray

S Kenny Vaccaro

Quote Originally Posted by LEBills View Post
    Dion Jordan or xavier rhodes, but it'll prob be a QB
    Jordan would be my surprise pick. Although, the kid's ability would best fit Pettine's system so it wouldn't really be a surprise I guess.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 4/20
    1) Eric Ebron TE, UNC
    2) Scott Crichton DE, Oregon State
    3) Christian Jones OLB, FSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Andre Williams RB, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Airseven View Post
    Surprise pick along the OL, Fisher and Warmack.
    This would be my suprise pick as well.

My surprise pick would probably be Mingo. It wouldn't shock me though given our draft choices of years gone by.

I would get a custom shirt with his whole name on it. I even named my FIFA Ultimate Team after him.
    Trade all draft picks to Houston for the #1 overall pick.

The Buffalo Bills select; Cody Mandell - Punter - Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    With the first overall pick...in the 2014 NFL Draft....the Buffalo Bills select....Taylor Lejuan.

<Lejuan walks on stage, puts a football helmet on Goodell's head and promptly yanks the facemask>