Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Need Ryan Mallet,Nassib and TJ in camp!

two cents We Need Ryan Mallet,Nassib and TJ in camp!

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Many will say the getting Mallet for a 2nd rd pick is not going to happen but Buffalo would be wise to at least try. This would make up a little ground because of not drafting a QB the past 2 drafts and his upside should be bigger after 2 yrs in Boston.
    Ryan Nassib is a guy worth drafting and I suspect his stock will have soared enough to possibly warrant the #@8 pick depending on who is there.

Tavaris Jackson represents a veteran presence but Kevin Kolb,Vince Y or Matt Flynn would would also add to the QB competition that needs to happen in Pittsford this summer.

Get those first 2 guys and a vet and the best man will start and a Ryan Tannehill situation may happen.

Needless to say, I want Fitz outta here after how he played this year!

Ok critics, let's hear it!
    Last edited by PeerlesshasSpeed; 01-22-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: subtractions

Or they could have drafted Mallett when they had the chance.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 3/16
    1) Mike Evans WR, A&M
    2) Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech
    3) Anthony Johnson DT, LSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Michael Sam DE, Missouri

Mallet is not right for this team or the NFL - if he was ever called upon to start, he would be a disaster. Our second pick would be much better spent on a WR/LB/DE or young QB with some mobility. Mallet has the same mobility as Foles - he was eaten alive by pass rushers last year.

So you would waste a top ten pick on Nassib, a QB who is third round material, give up a 2nd for Mallet, who is third round material and actually was drafted in the third round. You might as well offer our 8th and 42nd for two extra third round picks, because that is essentially what you have done.

No thank you - Sign Matt Moore who is better than Mallet and a free agent. Keep your 8th and 2nd and draft a WR and DE or LB to shore up our horrible defense and draft a project QB in the third. That is a ton better than what you are proposing. The only part that made sense was keeping TJ.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    Mallet is not right for this team or the NFL - if he was ever called upon to start, he would be a disaster. Our second pick would be much better spent on a WR/LB/DE or young QB with some mobility. Mallet has the same mobility as Foles - he was eaten alive by pass rushers last year.

So you would waste a top ten pick on Nassib, a QB who is third round material, give up a 2nd for Mallet, who is third round material and actually was drafted in the third round. You might as well offer our 8th and 42nd for two extra third round picks, because that is essentially what you have done.

No thank you - Sign Matt Moore who is better than Mallet and a free agent. Keep your 8th and 2nd and draft a WR and DE or LB to shore up our horrible defense and draft a project QB in the third. That is a ton better than what you are proposing. The only part that made sense was keeping TJ.
    I agree with signing a FA QB like Moore or Alex Smith but disagree with drafting a project QB in the 3rd. Statically 3rd round and later QBs are such a longshot to make any impact in the NFL. I feel like there's one that comes along every 5 or so years while there's numberous ones that just disappear. Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Matt Shaub and to a lesser extent David Garrard, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel and Fitzpatrick are only the few I can really think of that technically "made it" in the last 20 years. In reality, nobody wants their future QB being groomed to be the next Matt Cassel. The Bills aren't in a position for a developmental QB. They don't even have a starting caliber QB currently on the roster. My philosophy in drafting a QB is go big or go home with the 1st round pick.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb
    3 years ago

"What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

Ryan Mallett has definitely shown he can play in this league. The game-time experience, the countless wins.

How can you not give up just a second for the guy? What a bargain!
    4-15-BUF 34

(4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

So let me get this straight. We are going to give a Division Rival a 2nd Round Pick for some dude that has never had a snap......and we will NOT give the 49ers (in the other conference) a 3rd or 4th Round Pick for a QB that was a PLAY AWAY from the Super Bowl last year?

Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTheFitzHitsTheChan View Post
    I agree with signing a FA QB like Moore or Alex Smith but disagree with drafting a project QB in the 3rd. Statically 3rd round and later QBs are such a longshot to make any impact in the NFL. I feel like there's one that comes along every 5 or so years while there's numberous ones that just disappear. Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Matt Shaub and to a lesser extent David Garrard, Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel and Fitzpatrick are only the few I can really think of that technically "made it" in the last 20 years. In reality, nobody wants their future QB being groomed to be the next Matt Cassel. The Bills aren't in a position for a developmental QB. They don't even have a starting caliber QB currently on the roster. My philosophy in drafting a QB is go big or go home with the 1st round pick.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb
    My thought was with this NFL, you really do need to have 3 deep at the position and I would rather that third option be a guy with potential vs a stopgap guy - say you have Moore and TJ fight it out for starter, your developmental guy can get some time in camp and work with coaches on fundamentals - then if you are called upon, you are at least respectable - TJ Yates did it as a rookie - he held the fort and was not embarrassing - the other example, Joe Webb, did not fare so well. Cousins was another good example I what I am driving at - if they had inserted him earlier in the game vs Seattle, he might have done better.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

No
    thank you - Sign Matt Moore who is better than Mallet and a free agent. Keep your 8th and 2nd and draft a WR and DE or LB to shore up our horrible defense and draft a project QB in the third. That is a ton better than what you are proposing. The only part that made sense was keeping TJ.
    let me guess, you are a pickspatrick fan or are in love with the way overhyped and way overrated glennon ?

My thought was with this NFL, you really do need to have 3 deep at the position and I would rather that third option be a guy with potential vs a stopgap guy - say you have Moore and TJ fight it out for starter, your developmental guy can get some time in camp and work with coaches on fundamentals - then if you are called upon, you are at least respectable - TJ Yates did it as a rookie - he held the fort and was not embarrassing - the other example, Joe Webb, did not fare so well. Cousins was another good example I what I am driving at - if they had inserted him earlier in the game vs Seattle, he might have done better.
    T. Jackson and a FA QB aren't what I would want to go with into the season though. That's just more of the same mediocrity while also rolling the dice with poor odds that a 3rd round QB will turn into something when very few actually do.
    3 years ago

"What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

why trade for Mallet, when you could just draft his successor, who will end up being the better pro QB anyway

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) James Hurst ot N. Caro
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro

Mallett sucks. This is about as dumb an idea as trading a 1st for Alex Smith.

why would NE trade him to Buff if they think he is any good? Brady isn't getting any younger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeerlesshasSpeed View Post
    Many will say the getting Mallet for a 2nd rd pick is not going to happen but Buffalo would be wise to at least try. This would make up a little ground because of not drafting a QB the past 2 drafts and his upside should be bigger after 2 yrs in Boston.
    Ryan Nassib is a guy worth drafting and I suspect his stock will have soared enough to possibly warrant the #@8 pick depending on who is there.

Tavaris Jackson represents a veteran presence but Kevin Kolb,Vince Y or Matt Flynn would would also add to the QB competition that needs to happen in Pittsford this summer.

Get those first 2 guys and a vet and the best man will start and a Ryan Tannehill situation may happen.

Once you listed Vince Young as a verteran presence that we need in camp....I stopped reading.

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    why trade for Mallet, when you could just draft his successor, who will end up being the better pro QB anyway
    I fore one still like Mallett better but Wilson has to be on the Bills radar. The whole SEC thing has to factor into Nix's mind as well as how tough Wilson is.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 3/16
    1) Mike Evans WR, A&M
    2) Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech
    3) Anthony Johnson DT, LSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Michael Sam DE, Missouri

Maybe Nix will sign all the available QBs in free agency. Every last one. Then trade our 2nd for Mallet, our 3rd for Alex Smith, 4th for Matt Flynn and draft Glennon at 8. Nix will then trade his WHOLE draft next season for the rights to Wilson. Nix will then comb the studios and sign Dan Marino, Boomer, Terry Bradshaw and Kurt Warner. He will then convince Jim Kelly to come back, repair the Liberty Bell and finally convince AMC to start the 2nd half of the Walking Dead season sooner.

Nobody got the Seahawks QB plan thinly vieled as his "lightbulb" moment.

Mallet = Flynn

Rookie QB = Wilson

T-Jax = T- Jax

It's just crazy enough to work.

i think Brian Hoyer would be a better pickup than mallet and im pretty sure he is a FA ..he signed on with arizona last year. i know some were talking about taking him last year as RFA.. but i am glad we didnt give up a second for him.
    If you made the WALL of Suck, chances are you were right about Clausen

Quote Originally Posted by TThomas1991MVP View Post
    Once you listed Vince Young as a verteran presence that we need in camp....I stopped reading.
    Once I realized this poster was the same person who said he held Jerry rice catch less in college when he played for a school that didn't have a football team back then I stopped reading
    Pre Free Agency Mock Draft

1. Eric Ebron
    2. Donte Moncrief
    3. James Hurst OT UNC
    4. Andrew Jackson ILB W. Kentucky
    5. Aaron Lynch DE S Florida
    6. Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama State

Quote Originally Posted by PeerlesshasSpeed View Post

There's already chatter that the Browns are going to give up a high draft pick for Mallet since they hired Mike Lombardi in a front office position and he has ties to Belichik and was also a big time Mallet lover before he was drafted.

Either way there's no way we're giving up anything to the Pats for him, and I'm not sure he's even that good to begin with.

a 2nd!? no thanks