Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Bowl 2013: OT Eric Fisher, QB Ryan Nassib impress for North squad

Default Senior Bowl 2013: OT Eric Fisher, QB Ryan Nassib impress for North squad

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Senior Bowl 2013: OT Eric Fisher, QB Ryan Nassib impress for North squad
    The North squad took to the practice field first Tuesday at the 2013 Senior Bowl. Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher and Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib were among the most impressive participants of the day.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...outing-reports
    Tons of observers were on hand Tuesday to watch the North squad practice at the 2013 Senior Bowl. We're happy to round up the highlights of the day for you, starting with Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher, who has been so dominant in practice that some are suggesting he could be the No. 1 tackle prospect in the draft ahead of Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel. Eric Galko at Optimum Scouting had more.

The stud of the day was Eric Fisher of Central Michigan. He extended away from his body to seal the edge well, arched his back to absorb bull rushes, and overall showed the body control, kick slide, balance, and hand adjustments to merit being considered the top OT in this draft. Looking forward to keeping up with him as well as reviewing Luke Joeckel this week to compare the two.

The quarterback position, where NC State's Mike Glennon and Syracuse's Ryan Nassib are considered the cream of the crop, was also watched closely. Both quarterbacks impressed in Galko's eyes, with Glennon showing off a pretty deep ball and Nassib showing off tremendous foot speed and short-intermediate accuracy in the pocket and on the run. Thomas Melton of The Football Standard, however, was underwhelmed:

Today was the first chance I got to see a full North practice, but I again came away underwhelmed. Glennon looks to be the cream of the North class, he has the strongest arm, and the most consistent ball placement. Ryan Nassib looked decent throwing on the run, but struggled from under center, and had trouble reading from the pocket.

Both quarterbacks were ahead of Zac Dysert out of Miami (OH), however. Based on the reports from both Galko and Melton, Dysert is behind both Glennon and Nassib in terms of mechanics and his ability to read defenses.
    Not sure where they get the headline from considering the quotes they pulled from the references... but there it is.

OptimumScouting
    http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft...ice-notes.html
    Quarterbacks
    -As for the North quarterbacks, Zac Dysert was clearly behind Mike Glennon and Ryan Nassib in terms of footwork, setup and consistent weight transfer. Laboring in his transfer of weight, Dysert often is forced to slow his feet down to set up the throw, lacking ideal lower half mechanics and foot planting. This unnatural weight transfer leads to increased stress and focus on his elbow and upper half, which inevitably results in an armed motion. Dysert struggled to spin a clean ball versus sporadic wind gusts in Mobile, but did flash arm talent from time to time. He’ll need to tighten up his mechanics and release point if he wants to stay in the day two discussion.

-Among the top two quarterbacks, Mike Glennon flashed in the vertical passing game, while Nassib impressed with his throwing base and ability to drive between the numbers. Glennon, when on time with his footwork and given room to step to the throw, drove the ball beautifully on bench-and-go and fly route patterns. The anticipation shown vertically, as well as proper ball placement, loft and velocity was fun to watch throughout the day. Glennon has an easy, over-the-top delivery, but needs to be stay up on his toes and improve his knee bend to avoid low throws on his checkdowns. Naturally rising up to an erect throwing base, Glennon will struggle at the next level in his reset and pocket adjustments due to tight hips and an elongated frame.

-Ryan Nassib, on the other hand, really impressed with his foot speed, ideal throwing base, strong core and quick setup. Tightly wound in his mechanics and sudden with his delivery, Nassib more so than any other quarterback, added RPM’s to his football through proper weight transfer and base. Nassib struggled with deep anticipation and placement outside the numbers, but excelled between the numbers, driving multiple seam patterns to the tight end. Tomorrow I want to see him pull the trigger on high-low reads, as he often was late with the read and forced to check the ball down to the halfback option pattern. Overall an excellent day though for Nassib and Glennon.
    The Football Standard
    http://www.thefootballstandard.com/s...ractice-day-2/
    Zac Dysert, a guy I’ve been very high on from tape study, really struggled today. Sailed his deep balls, struggles to diagnose on the run, he had a good seam throw or two, but overall I felt like his day certainly wasn’t where he’d have wanted it to be.

North Carolina State’s Mike Glennon continued to outplay the other North quarterbacks, at one point connecting with Kansas State wide receiver Chris Harper on a nice throw, catch and run in traffic. Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib connected on a few nice passes, including one along the sideline to college teammate Alec Lemon, but botched a snap near the goal line that resulted in a fumble recovery touchdown for the defense. He also left a deep sideline throw intended for Texas receiver Marquise Goodwin short, forcing the Goodwin to come back for the ball. Zac Dysert of Miami Ohio continued to struggle. He sailed some throws high, got picked off by Connecticut cornerback Dwayne Gratz on a deep throw, and left a sideline route short, resulting in a tipped ball by Oregon State corner Jordan Poyer. It is unclear just what has been troubling Dysert so far, but he does appear to be battling some nerves. He did recover a bit late in practice, rolling to his right, throwing on the move and connecting with Goodwin along the sideline. It was easily Dysert’s best throw this week and demonstrated one of his strengths – delivering with accuracy on the run.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

So Nassib has all of the stuff like footwork, quick release, ball placement at most levels...But he lacks deep ball accuracy and he reads those routes too slowly as well. *sigh* I don't want Glennon- if he is pressured, bad bad things happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by teef View Post
    when i was staying at the belhurst castle in geneva, they had a red wine tap right outside of the room i was staying in. literally 2 feet away. it got to the point where i wasn't even putting on pants to tap more. i had red wine over everything i owned. when the tap ran dry, i called down to the front desk demanding they change it. i was given a stern, "no".

Seems like there's a lot of conflicting reports which is a staple of Senior Bowl week. People see what they want to see but I think Glennon/Nassib are the first two QB's taken this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    Seems like there's a lot of conflicting reports which is a staple of Senior Bowl week. People see what they want to see but I think Glennon/Nassib are the first two QB's taken this year.
    I think Barkley will go 1st. Mike Mayock said today everyone is forgetting about him and he will rise back up to the top by April.

Adam Shefter also reported the NFL personnel guys he spoke with have Barkley #1.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    I think Barkley will go 1st. Mike Mayock said today everyone is forgetting about him and he will rise back up to the top by April.

Adam Shefter also reported the NFL personnel guys he spoke with have Barkley #1.
    Really wish he was healthy to see his measurements. Might sound tedious but if he measures in under 6'2 and has baby hands he'll drop.

I really think Nassib should be the pick, even if it's at 8. Why don't people like him, again? The competition? His competition was stronger than the competition Flacco or Big Ben had, and they were 1st round draft choices and are Franchise/elite QBs. Nassib is prototypical QB size, even if it's slightly on the low end. He has the meat to take a beating. He is athletic enough to run (I don't know why people say he isn't, have they actually watched games or even Youtube clips?). He has possibly the strongest arm of any other QB. Quickest release. Accuracy on the short and intermediate routes... ya know, the ones he'll be throwing the vast majority of the time. And his downfield accuracy is overblown as to how bad it is. He's definitely been improving. Add in the obvious factor of continuity in the system and he should be the pick and he could easily have a more successful rookie season than Tannehill.

Nassib could honestly go #1 overall. He won't be there at 8, i truly believe that.

Im not a Nassib guy, but I cant think of a better fit. The fit can sometimes make or break a QB. Nassib's best chance to succeed in the NFL is in Buffalo, and if scouts have him rated late 1st-early 2nd by the draft then why not pull the trigger at 8?

I think the battle for QB for the Bills will be between Nassib and Wilson, with Nassib having the edge for obvious reasons. I expect Wilson to be the Senior Bowl standout, but I'm curious about how Glennon will do. He won't be getting the pressures that come from all out blitz packages and crazy defenses, so he should be perfectly suited to light up the verticals, so long as he's not being chased around or flushed out.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg

ya i'm going to listen to whoever these guys are that are doing this reporting,give me a break!

If buffalo truly wants nassib, I would not be surprised to see buffalo trade up to beat out arizona because they are clearly looking for a QB as well
    Bleedin' Orange
    2003 National Champions

I think these reports, even though they are not in complete agreement affirm the fact there is no complete package at QB in this draft. Whoever Buffalo drafts (and I believe they will and should draft a QB) he's going to have to get some coaching before he's ready to be thrown to the wolves. Ideally, it would be nice if Buffalo could sign a decent (better than Fitzpatrick) free agent QB as insurance in case the QB they draft needs a little more time, or the start of the season could be a bit ugly.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

Default From Arrowhead Pride

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...e-update-day-2

The quarterback update

If there was a winner from the quarterbacks group on the day for the North squad it would have to be Mike Glennon. He threw three perfect fly routes that all went for TD’s (Two in 7 on 7 and one in team drills). They were right on the money and perfectly timed throws.

Zac Dysert struggled today. His passes consistently sailed on him and I’ve heard from a few people that they aren’t thrilled with the way the ball consistently comes out of his hand. Always seems to be a fair amount of ‘wobble’ on each of his throws, even the accurate ones.

Nassib checked down an awful lot during 7 on 7 drills. He didn’t seem to want to try and force any throws down the field and it wasn’t until his last pass of the day that he attempted to fit a ball into a tight window. It was a seam route to TE Doyle that he threaded between the linebacker and safety for what was easily his best throw in Mobile so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    Geno?

Mike Glennon is a legit late 1st round prospect because he has serious arm talent. The ball explodes out of his hand and he makes every throw effortlessly.

Nassib is a 2nd round guy. Mayock himself says his best comparables in terms of physical ability and intangibles are Andy Dalton and Kirk Cousins who were 2nd and 4th round picks respectively.

How come hardly anyone is talking about tyler wilson i follow five draft guru guys on twitter who tweet live from mobile alabama and all five have claimed wilson to be the best of the bunch....both before and after two days and frommthe hours of youtube stuff i've watched i feel the same way. Smart, poised, very tough had a tough senior year due to coaching changes, bad o-line, and only one real target and still showed he can stand in the pocket and make all the throws. I dont get the glennon hype dude throws an interception everytime i watch him...prqctice, bowl game, reg season.....all physical tools but very erratic.

A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    I really think Nassib should be the pick, even if it's at 8. Why don't people like him, again? The competition? His competition was stronger than the competition Flacco or Big Ben had, and they were 1st round draft choices and are Franchise/elite QBs. Nassib is prototypical QB size, even if it's slightly on the low end. He has the meat to take a beating. He is athletic enough to run (I don't know why people say he isn't, have they actually watched games or even Youtube clips?). He has possibly the strongest arm of any other QB. Quickest release. Accuracy on the short and intermediate routes... ya know, the ones he'll be throwing the vast majority of the time. And his downfield accuracy is overblown as to how bad it is. He's definitely been improving. Add in the obvious factor of continuity in the system and he should be the pick and he could easily have a more successful rookie season than Tannehill.
    If he cannot hit the deep ball, he will have the same problem Fitz does - you can single the wrs and Safeties can stuff the run or the shorter routes. Strongest arm? are you reading these reports? Glennon, according to nearly every report, has the strongest arm.

Are you really comparing Nassib to Big Ben? BB's numbers dwarf Nassib's in every category. Both Flacco and Ben were far more accurate and threw fewer interceptions per attempt. Both are much taller and I doubt Nassib's arm strength is close to Flacco's. Coming out the same year as Ben, Nassib would be in danger of not getting drafted. The ONLY reason there is a buzz regarding him is the dearth of talent at the position in this draft. If he had come out last year or next year, he would be a third round pick at best.

I am not saying that someone won't pull the trigger on him in the first, as GMs the past few years have done a lot of dumb things out of desperation, but this guy has Gabbert written all over him - at least Gabbert had Nebraska to suck against to give us an indication how bad he would be on Sundays, but Rutgers? The 2nd team, no make that 3rd team augmented by the practice squad of the worst team in football is better than Rutgers.

If Brandon makes the move to draft Nassib at 8, I give Russ 2 years tops in this organization - he will be out on his ear as this will clearly be a MARKETING decision, not a football decision - I would be willing to bet Nassib is not even top 5 on Buddy's list. We will be Jacksonville of the north and be picking top 5 for the next two years.

I don't want to hear "Mayock loves Nassib" - he thought Jamarcus Russell had the best pro day ever - or "Kiper is high on Nassib" - great, we are getting a poor man's Clausen. Stop with the Nassib at 1 or 8 threads - he is not a first round talent. Guys taken on the second and third day of the past two years are head and shoulders above him. If he is taken on day one, I will guarantee that a 2nd or 3rd day pick will be much better and last longer in the league. You take Nassib in the first and I will take the field from pick 32 and up.

The other thing I can guarantee is that Matt Moore and Alex Smith will have much better years next year than Nassib - and realistically, with our defense and gaps at WR, we should be going FA at QB so we can go BPA at 8 - it is the only move that makes sense.
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014 Marquise Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by NOVABilliever View Post
    So Nassib has all of the stuff like footwork, quick release, ball placement at most levels...But he lacks deep ball accuracy and he reads those routes too slowly as well. *sigh* I don't want Glennon- if he is pressured, bad bad things happen.
    As Mike Mayock said, all the QBs have some holes in their game. I guess you have to find the guy that best matches your style of offense.

Quote Originally Posted by manitobabillsfan View Post
    Nassib could honestly go #1 overall. He won't be there at 8, i truly believe that.
    You are out of your mind.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

i'm curious to see a south report.
    What would you be doing if nothing were impossible...