Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: * * After 2 days of Senior Bowl practices, I want to flip flop on QB to draft.

throwback * * After 2 days of Senior Bowl practices, I want to flip flop on QB to draft.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

After two days of watching the Senior Bowl practices on the NFL Network (plus reading scouting reports from Mobile) I want to change the QB I would like the Bills to draft.

So far all the QBs have played about the same. Decent at a number of things, but lacking in one area or the other.

But the QB that seems to be playing the best, so far, is Tyler Wilson.

Put me down to Trade down in the 1st and draft Tyler Wilson.

......I will probably change my answer by Saturday, as will a lot of scouts. These QBs are all so close, with a sprinkling of flaws enough to make it scary to draft one of them at #8

I'm with you. Love his persona, love his moxy and he's a very talented QB.
    What would you be doing if nothing were impossible...

Why trade down? If you really like him(I do) then take him at 8

"If ever a man had it all, it would have to be me"

"living is easy with eyes closed"

Bills mock (subject to change many times by May)

1) trade with Rams again 9 for 13 + 44 Kony Ealy DE
    2) Antonio Richardson OT Tenn.
    2)Troy Niklas TE ND
    3)Jeremiah Attaochu OLB GT
    4) Kenny Ladler DB Vandy
    5)Andrew Jackson MLB W. Kent.
    7)Russell Bodine C,G N. Caro

As long as its not Glennon im good

Drafting QB Tyler Wilson in the 1st and then WR Quinton Patton in the 2nd would not be a horrible way to start the 2013 draft....
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by intimidatortj View Post
    Drafting QB Tyler Wilson in the 1st and then WR Quinton Patton in the 2nd would not be a horrible way to start the 2013 draft....
    this years draft is loaded with talent at the wr position

I would be really happy with Tyler Wilson. If he lights it up and Geno Smith and Matt Barkley do well at the combine and pro days, I feel good that our next qb will come out of that group.

tyler wilson is my first choice followed closely by ryan nassib then probably barkley.. but barkley is a last resort i just don't trust usc QB's
    Adopt-A-Bill 2012:Zebrie Sanders Adopt-A-Bill 2013:Garrison Sanborn

I'd be happy with Tyler Wilson at 8 also, if they think he's the best one. Where's Geno? Glennon's sack numbers scare me to death. I don't want another immobile pass-rush-target back there likw Bledsoe was. Give me a guy that makes quick decisions and good decisions and has the accuracy and strength to go deep. Pocket awareness is a must in the NFL.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Stephon Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by MarioBilliams View Post
    tyler wilson is my first choice followed closely by ryan nassib then probably barkley.. but barkley is a last resort i just don't trust usc QB's
    Word is that Nassib didn't do so well today. Scouts weren't impressed. It will be interesting to see if Marrone tries to get the best prospect he can or if he sticks with his college quarterback. I would be all for Nassib if he was the best option, but I just find it hard to believe he'll be the best prospect available when our turn rolls around. I think both Barkley and Wilson are better.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmoorman4jesus View Post
    As long as its not Glennon im good
    Glennon looks like he's 12 years old, a real tall one mind you

Fine with Tyler Wilson. Needs to clean up some things, add another 10 pounds but I like the kid. Little worried about those baby hands though.

Just finished watching the south practice and Wilson was the worst of the 3. He was consistently high with his his passes all day. Whether in one on one drills or 11 on 11 at the end, in the pocket and rolling out on the run. He fumbled a snap on 11 on 11 alsobut but recovered it and completed the pass but it was high and he hung the receiver out to dry in traffic. Would have got them killed in the NFL.

Trade down? He might go to cardinals at 7

Anyone who falls in love with any of these QBs needs their brain checked. It's just not the year to find your franchise guy, unfortunately for OBD. Sign Matt Moore and bridge to next year's draft!!!

as long as Putzpatick is gone, doesn't matter to me

Quote Originally Posted by Airseven View Post
    Anyone who falls in love with any of these QBs needs their brain checked. It's just not the year to find your franchise guy, unfortunately for OBD. Sign Matt Moore and bridge to next year's draft!!!
    I find it so funny that many Bills fans make this same tired old argument every year. So because there is no Andrew Luck and RG3 we should just skip the position all together this year! Well we certainly aren't going far without an upgrade at QB so that's why we discuss it.
    Doug Marrone "We have the ability to affect a region, by putting a productive, winning football team out there. Thatís our higher calling. If youíre not buying into that then you donít need to be here. You can go play for some other team. We donít want those kinds of players on our football team."

Quote Originally Posted by bilzfancy View Post
    Why trade down? If you really like him(I do) then take him at 8
    More picks, better value at a lower pick than at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggTX View Post
    I'd be happy with Tyler Wilson at 8 also, if they think he's the best one. Where's Geno? Glennon's sack numbers scare me to death. I don't want another immobile pass-rush-target back there likw Bledsoe was. Give me a guy that makes quick decisions and good decisions and has the accuracy and strength to go deep. Pocket awareness is a must in the NFL.
    You mean those immobile pass-rush-targets like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by WackArnolds View Post
    I find it so funny that many Bills fans make this same tired old argument every year. So because there is no Andrew Luck and RG3 we should just skip the position all together this year! Well we certainly aren't going far without an upgrade at QB so that's why we discuss it.
    Airseven is proposing an upgrade at QB - Matt Moore is better than Fitz and most of the guys in this draft.

We are saying pass this year - we did not say that in previous years. Too many Gabberts and Clausens in this draft - guys who are hyped way beyond their skill set. Can you imagine Nassib being talked about at 8 last year? 8th round maybe, but not at 8. Glennon is an unathletic Flacco who is not very accurate.

Matt Moore and BPA at 8 would make our team much better than any QB at 8
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick