Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nassib: Bills would be match made in heaven

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

lol @ everyone freaking out if they draft him at 8. I will agree that 8 is high for him but you always going to have to reach for a quarterback if you want to get one. Quarterbacks consistently grade lower then there draft position and that is just how the NFL works. I mean Jake Locker, Christian ponder, Blaine Gabbert, and Ryan Tannehill all were drafted in the top 12 the past two years (hell Tebow went 25th in 2010). Hell even Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were considered reaches at the time. If the bills ever want to draft a quarterback they are going to have to take a chance a reach for one since if they don't other teams will. I would personally like to see Buffalo do what the Redskins did and draft a couple quarterbacks this year and see how it works out.

Suggestion to Nassib: If you think this then go out there and prove to the coach and GM that you're the best QB coming out this year.

The more I see these QBs the more I'd rather try and bring in Matt Flynn via trade or sign if released.. Still draft one at some point but these guys have some glaring weaknesses in their game.

Flynn has at least shown he can play in his limited time.

People have ragged on Nix for years for not bringing in any quarterbacks... "oh he should have traded up for this guy or that guy, or "he sucks because he waits to see who falls to him". Now you people are saying "I'll be upset if he gets one at 8" because it's "too high a pick for _____ QB".

It's unbelievable. It's not like Nassib is only on the Bills draft board, and no one else's because he sucks but Marrone knows him. He's being projected late 1, early 2, by people who have nothing to do with the Bills. Other teams are looking at him. Do you want him (or anyone) at 8, or do you want us to wait until R2 and see Nassib, Wilson, and Glennon all jump off the board before our second pick is "surprise reaches" by other teams?

Why not make it a sure thing, regardless of whom they think is the best QB?
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

PLEASE NO! Not in the first 3 rounds! NO WAY NO HOW! LB WR N OL IN FIRST 3 rounds! We need the likes of ogeltree jarvis jones mosley minter..... at 8th pick guys that are somewhat deserving of 8th pick not a qb just because he has been w our coach! Cmon we need to get better! Takin any qb in this draft in the first round is a WASTE!

I am with CKsteele79 on this one. How in one breath people be upset about the Hackett hire, because it appeared that Marrone was just bringing in his buddies. Now, when there are clearly better QBs in the draft, if Buffalo takes Nassib ahead of ANY OF THEM and Nassib doesn't prove Buffalo right... The boards/fans will turn on Marrone and co. faster than anything. If anyone doubts that, then you have not been a member of these boards/fan long enough.

Furthermore, when Nix came out and said that Buffalo will be taking a QB in this years class. There had to be a few players in mind (this was long before Marrone) and NOT A SINGLE PERSON WAS TALKING ABOUT NASSIB AT THAT POINT. Maybe and I repeat a handful of people might have thrown Nassib's name around but never to be selected at 8th overall.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Get over yourselves!!!! We have a coach and offensive coordinator that coached this QB, that's projected to be a 1st-2nd round prospect for 3 years and you message board experts are gonna burn down the house if we draft him? hahaha, you guys are rich. Go back to your video games and mock drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeneBlitz View Post
    Get over yourselves!!!! We have a coach and offensive coordinator that coached this QB, that's projected to be a 1st-2nd round prospect for 3 years and you message board experts are gonna burn down the house if we draft him? hahaha, you guys are rich. Go back to your video games and mock drafts.
    Lets be honest with one another. How much was Nassib talked about before the Marrone higher? You make it sound like the entire process that Nassib was a highly regarded prospect. The kid was not on anyone's radar before the NCAA season. Made some waves during the season, but nothing that had people saying this kid is a first rounder.

I would not be crushed if Buffalo took Nassib. However, if Barkley, Wilson, and/or Glennon are on the board and Nassib goes before them... The team that does that will regret passing on those guys. IMO, it would be like taking Lynch over Peterson. Lynch is obviously a good back (thus not the worst situation) but Peterson is a generational talent.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Adopt a Bill 2014- Sammy Watkins
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

when you take the whole syracuse thing out of it, no other QB makes more sense. I would love the pick.

I don't care if it's Nassib, Glennon, Barkley, Wilson or Manuel just make sure he is the right fit and someone who could eventually lead us to the playoffs and beyond. I doubt anyone will care where he is drafted if he leads us to the playoffs every year and eventually a SB. I just want to win games and be relevant as a team once again.

At leat Nassib can handle the weather we get in Nov. and Dec. That's one thing that shouldn't be overlooked. As we have seen Fritz CANNOT play in the weather.

I want Wilson but would be great if we took Nassib. I think Buddy wants Glennon, which I think would be a mistake.

throwback

I could go with ryan replacing ryan...

Quote Originally Posted by codaBills View Post
    At leat Nassib can handle the weather we get in Nov. and Dec. That's one thing that shouldn't be overlooked. As we have seen Fritz CANNOT play in the weather.
    Cuse plays in a dome....so how do you know he can handle the weather.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

A typical soft Bills story.

Just get a winner in here.