Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Who is the best quarterback in AFC East history?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,016

    Default Who is the best quarterback in AFC East history?

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    I agree with the guy that says Jim Kelly http://nesn.com/2013/01/vote-who-is-...-east-history/
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange
    "Yeah chandler is a middle of the pack te but he doesnt have go go gadget arms"

    Quote Originally Posted by paintgirl
    "because this fan base is like an abused puppy ....."

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious123
    "Terry and Kim are filing for the lemon law"

    Lol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,957

    Default

    I hate the Patriots, but Tom Brady is the best QB of all time. His stats and accomplishments speaks for its self.

  3. #3

    Default

    I do think the blurb for Jim Kelly was the best written of the four

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    10,205

    Default

    It would be near impossible to make a case for Kelly being better than Brady.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    5,306

    Default

    Can Peyton Manning be in the discussion?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,805

    Default

    shocking that Fish fans only had Marino with 60%.

    i guess Miami fans remember he never won a big game compared to the #2 man

    the overreaching worship must be from non-Dolphins fans solely for his stats

    Marino was my favourite Miami QB because the Bills crushed him during the peak Kelly years

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Albany
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Brady then marino and then Kelly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,744

    Default

    Manning

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orchard park
    Posts
    15,586

    Default

    1)Brady 2)manning

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    5,580

    Default

    Kelly. By far. Marino could never beat Kelly

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in my house ..where else would i be
    Posts
    17,254

    Default

    brady and its not even close
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    When you take into account the fact that Scott Norwood's kick really determined how people view Kelly's career... I honestly do think that Kelly was the best of the bunch. The Bills were a basement team for basically 15 years before Kelly came to town, and then they instantly got much, much better when he arrived. The way the fans reacted to and believed in Kelly from the get-go, I could only really liken to what we've seen this past offseason with RG3 and Washington, he ignited a fanbase.

    We'll see Brady this and Brady that in the game of "what have you done for me lately?" But let's honestly look back at Brady's career. The New England dynasty that won Super Bowls was built on their magnificent defense and running game. Brady was just the game manager back then, playing the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson role on those teams. He only passed for 135 yards in his first Super Bowl win and MVP award. Brady is not the complete player that Kelly was. Brady is not tough, in fact I'd rate him as arguably the biggest pansy in the NFL. Secondly, he has no deep ball. In fact, much of his offense throughout his career has been designed screens and dump-offs.

    To me the closest player to Kelly is Marino, but he wasn't half the leader that Kelly was. We'll never see any team quite like those Buffalo Bills teams of the early 90's ever again. They seemed to play like one big family, with tremendous pride and love for the game, and an unbelievable amount of talent. I think those Bills and Cowboys teams were the height of talented rosters before the effects of free agency were felt.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    8,580

    Default

    Brady, and anyone who says otherwise needs to take off the homer glasses.

    I loathe the guy, but he has the records, wins, regular season MVPs, OPOY, Super Bowls, and Super Bowl MVPs to back it up.
    Buffalo Bills. Anaheim Ducks. Los Angeles Lakers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Orchard Park
    Posts
    2,888

    Default

    Can't stand him, but its Brady...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    29,491

    Default

    Brady
    Marino
    Kelly
    Boomer?
    Is this your homework Larry?


    Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

    "It just isn't. You are wrong. I am right."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    29,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mvp216 View Post
    When you take into account the fact that Scott Norwood's kick really determined how people view Kelly's career... I honestly do think that Kelly was the best of the bunch. The Bills were a basement team for basically 15 years before Kelly came to town, and then they instantly got much, much better when he arrived. The way the fans reacted to and believed in Kelly from the get-go, I could only really liken to what we've seen this past offseason with RG3 and Washington, he ignited a fanbase.

    We'll see Brady this and Brady that in the game of "what have you done for me lately?" But let's honestly look back at Brady's career. The New England dynasty that won Super Bowls was built on their magnificent defense and running game. Brady was just the game manager back then, playing the Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson role on those teams. He only passed for 135 yards in his first Super Bowl win and MVP award. Brady is not the complete player that Kelly was. Brady is not tough, in fact I'd rate him as arguably the biggest pansy in the NFL. Secondly, he has no deep ball. In fact, much of his offense throughout his career has been designed screens and dump-offs.

    To me the closest player to Kelly is Marino, but he wasn't half the leader that Kelly was. We'll never see any team quite like those Buffalo Bills teams of the early 90's ever again. They seemed to play like one big family, with tremendous pride and love for the game, and an unbelievable amount of talent. I think those Bills and Cowboys teams were the height of talented rosters before the effects of free agency were felt.
    I just can't imagine you've watched football to any appreciable degree if you hold some of these things to be true....

    Your "no deep ball, screens and dump off" criticism is probably the worst thing I've seen in forever on these boards....

    Kelly averaged 21.5 TDs per season.
    Brady's thrown fewer than 21.5 TDs in one season.....his first.

    Kelly played 4 full seasons, missing games in the other 7
    Brady has played 10 full seasons....missing games due to injury in one season.

    Kelly threw an INT on 3.7% of pass attempts
    Brady 2.1%

    I could keep going on but whats the use? Brady is in a league significantly higher than Kelly.

    Kelly was a hell of a QB and a Top ~15 guy. But Brady is significantly above that.
    Is this your homework Larry?


    Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

    "It just isn't. You are wrong. I am right."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    12,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    I just can't imagine you've watched football to any appreciable degree if you hold some of these things to be true....

    Your "no deep ball, screens and dump off" criticism is probably the worst thing I've seen in forever on these boards....

    Kelly averaged 21.5 TDs per season.
    Brady's thrown fewer than 21.5 TDs in one season.....his first.

    Kelly played 4 full seasons, missing games in the other 7
    Brady has played 10 full seasons....missing games due to injury in one season.

    Kelly threw an INT on 3.7% of pass attempts
    Brady 2.1%

    I could keep going on but whats the use? Brady is in a league significantly higher than Kelly.

    Kelly was a hell of a QB and a Top ~15 guy. But Brady is significantly above that.
    All very good points. But I have a problem with your comment about the no deep call comment. I have lost count on the amount of times I have heard that Brady can't throw the deep ball. I have seen it on this board way too often.

    I'm surprised you didn't address his comment about how Buffalo took to him from the get go. That couldn't be farther from the truth. It wasn't all warm and fuzzy when he first got here because of his snub and going to the USFL. Hell, I can remember going to games in 87 where he was berated constantly. As the Bills began to win it started to be forgotten, but he wasn't well liked from the get go by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bills View Post
    Manning won the National Championship against Auburn, try again.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    29,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFanHoustonTX View Post
    All very good points. But I have a problem with your comment about the no deep call comment. I have lost count on the amount of times I have heard that Brady can't throw the deep ball. I have seen it on this board way too often.

    I'm surprised you didn't address his comment about how Buffalo took to him from the get go. That couldn't be farther from the truth. It wasn't all warm and fuzzy when he first got here because of his snub and going to the USFL. Hell, I can remember going to games in 87 where he was berated constantly. As the Bills began to win it started to be forgotten, but he wasn't well liked from the get go by any means.
    I just dont understand how anyone who watched Brady play in 2007 can tell me he doesnt have a good deep ball.....thats just absurd.

    He doesnt have a huge ARM, but that isnt really that big of a deal. Drew Brees doesnt have a huge arm but throws the best deep ball in the league. Throwing the deep ball is so much more about anticipation and placement than throwingthe ball 70 yards downfield.
    Is this your homework Larry?


    Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

    "It just isn't. You are wrong. I am right."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    29,491

    Default

    And I dont remember the non-football Kelly stuff (the local discussion for example) just because I wasnt old enough to engage in sports like that. But I remember watching Kelly play and he just wasnt anywhere near what Brady has been. Not that thats much of a slight on him....I dont know that there are more than 3-4 guys who have been in the same league as Brady.
    Is this your homework Larry?


    Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

    "It just isn't. You are wrong. I am right."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kingwood TX
    Posts
    12,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    And I dont remember the non-football Kelly stuff (the local discussion for example) just because I wasnt old enough to engage in sports like that. But I remember watching Kelly play and he just wasnt anywhere near what Brady has been. Not that thats much of a slight on him....I dont know that there are more than 3-4 guys who have been in the same league as Brady.
    I don't get the whole deep ball thing either. Personally I think many Bills fans let their hatred of Brady and the Pats dominance cloud their objectivity on how good he actually is. As for the non football stuff, I may have portrayed something that was worse than it actually was, but Kelly was hardly adored by all the fans right away. They went 4-12 his first year, hardly instantly better like he claimed. From what I remember, given his success in the USFL he took a lot of flack by many fans for that first season and it didn't really get better the next year when they went 7-8.

    Regardless, I'm not sure how anyone could place Kelly ahead of Brady. When Brady is finally done, an argument can and will be made that he was one of if not the best QB to ever play the game. I don't think Jim Kelly has ever been put in that conversation, nor should he be imo.

    But like I said, once he started winning, like the next year when he went 12-4 people started over looking the USFL snub. Funny how winning a lot takes care of that. It is kind of like John Elway. You would have thought that guy was the messiah the way they gushed about him after he retired on top. Ask the fans of the Colts what they think about him for refusing to play for the Colts and pulling his childish bs. The media beat up Elway pretty good for that as well, maybe not everyone in the media,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bills View Post
    Manning won the National Championship against Auburn, try again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •