Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nassib dissapoints scouts at Sr Bowl

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

MOBILE, ALA.—

There's nothing like getting a chance to see a quarterback throw live. There's no mistaking it. It's a truly organic experience. Sure, coaching tape is great, but seeing the ball come out of a quarterback's hand 25 feet in front of you can't be duplicated on tape. And during Senior Bowl week, you can get a bird's-eye view right in front of you.

Here's an inside look at all three after watching them during Monday's 90-minute practice with the highest ranking of 5 and lowest of 1 in each category:

1) Mike Glennon/6066/220/North Carolina St.

Arm Strength: 4.75

Comments: Glennon is a pure power thrower. While he certainly could use another 10-15 pounds on his frame, the tall passer is still able to get power from his legs and hips. He had some passes come up short or off the mark when he didn’t get his feet set up properly, however.

Accuracy: 3.5

Comments: Too often Glennon either put his passes too far in front of his intended passing target or he overthrew them. When he was on his game, Glennon had no issue on passes to WRs and TEs 20 yards or more down field.

Mechanics/Pocket Awareness: 3.25

Comments: At times, Glennon rushed himself through throws. He needs to set up with a consistent base and with proper footwork. When he was able to set up correctly, Glennon threw with great power and accuracy.

Grade For Session: 11.5/15.0
    --

2) Ryan Nassib/6020/223/Syracuse

Arm Strength: 4.25

Comments: While he’s certainly not a power thrower, Nassib has plenty of arm strength. And he showed that he could hit on any throw 20 yards on in with accuracy and touch. The only issue he had was with throws 40-50 yards down field. On those passes, he put a little too much air on them instead of driving the ball off his back foot.

Accuracy: 4.5

Comments: Nassib threw with really solid timing and anticipation during this season. You can tell, even in a limited throwing session, that he has been coached well over his career. He threw to spots on the field as his intended targets were in the middle of their routes. Most young quarterbacks wait for WRs and TEs to get open—but not Nassib. He throws a very catchable ball and his pass placement carries the intended passing target for extra yards—rare traits for a college QB.

Mechanics/Pocket Awareness: 4.5

Comments: Nassib’s footwork was really good throughout the session. He throws with proper balance and timing. Save for a few throws where he rushed himself, Nassib was able to put the passes where he wanted them to go. And because he throws with good timing, he wouldn’t have taken many sacks.

Grade For Session: 13.25/15.0
    --

3) Zac Dysert/6027/224/Miami (Ohio.)

Arm Strength: 4.25

Comments: He did fairly well with intermediate throws throughout the session. Dysert, to me, appears to be a rhythm passer with solid arm strength, but his footwork can get occasionally away from him, and that takes some power away.

Accuracy: 3.5

Comments: When Dysert sets up his feet correctly with good weight transfer, he’s able to drive the football fairly well. When he doesn’t set his feet well, his passes do not hit his intended targets with accuracy—this issue came up at times during the practice session.

Mechanics/Pocket Awareness: 3.5

Comments: Too often Dysert waited for his intended passing target to get open instead of throwing with proper anticipation. In the NFL, you can’t wait for the WR or TE to finish the route and then try to throw the ball. The passing windows are smaller and the time you have to throw the ball is shorter.

Grade For Session: 11.25/15.0
    http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...erbacks-monday

Overall he gets a good score if these are correct assesments. His deep ball can be fixed. The rest of the comments I found outstanding about him.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsWreckingCrew View Post
    According to Walter Football, so if this is true I'm sure this means he's a lock to be our pick at #8:

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013rumors3.php
    Man, are you in for a big disappointment or what ??....... Wow!!!

11103098-tired-businessman-sleeping-on-his-workplace-over-white-background.jpg

Because we love drafting bad players.

But in all seriousness I don't put too much stock into this report, especially since I've seen other scouts and NFL people on twitter saying he's looked pretty good this week.
    Yes, but were these other scouts & NFL people as highly esteemed as walterfootball? Impossible!

Bleedin' Orange
    2003 National Champions

But apparently Nix wanted to keep Gailey and not fire him and that Brandon and the brain trust made the decision for him.

If that's true it's even more telling regarding his abilities (or lack thereof) as a GM.
    I'd rather live in reality (where chan gailey was fired by Nix) than in a speculative history (unconfirmed rumors of dissent that speaks against current reality).

Besides, that has nothing to do with the draft picks that Buddy Nix has made in the first round of each of his 3 drafts; all good picks. He'll pick a good one this time, too.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

This happens every year rumors and gossip come out about each player going into the draft attempting to destroy their draft status

I love how you go to nfl.com click on first hot topic and it clearly says Landry Jones has been the one that has looked good where as Glennon has been erratic and disappointing but let every Bills poster post about how awesome their guy is despite the facts and how bad every one else is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWien View Post
    I'd rather live in reality (where chan gailey was fired by Nix) than in a speculative history (unconfirmed rumors of dissent that speaks against current reality).

Besides, that has nothing to do with the draft picks that Buddy Nix has made in the first round of each of his 3 drafts; all good picks. He'll pick a good one this time, too.
    Sorry but it's not reality just because Nix said it was his decision.

I guarantee it came from above him no matter what the 'official' story is.

Sorry but it's not reality just because Nix said it was his decision.

I guarantee it came from above him no matter what the 'official' story is.
    Fair enough. I'll choose to believe then that Fitz and Chan were called into a room where Buddy Nix stabbed a single sword into the floor in the middle of the room and said "When I come back, I want one of you alive."

And when Nix returned, a battered and bloody Fitz stood alone with a stained sword.

I mean, don't YOU think its weird that we haven't heard from Chan at all since? I mean Tim Graham tweeted that he talked to him, but come on. Why just him? He's in on the cover up, too. Teams want to hire Chan as their OC but they can't get in touch with him. NOT because his agent is obscure, like Tim Graham states in his tweet....

...but because Chan Gailey is DEAD. Slain by Ryan Fitzpatrick, in a "winner take all" effort from Buddy Nix and Russ Brandon to move the team forward. You heard it here first.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1237006_417793431666201_616460147_n.jpg
    14 years. Our Playoff drought has entered puberty.

According to Walter Football, so if this is true I'm sure this means he's a lock to be our pick at #8:

No, that means he will be the pick in rd. 2 or rd. 3........

this senior bowl thing is meaningless and if it meant anything then why was tom brady so horrible there ?

Fair enough. I'll choose to believe then that Fitz and Chan were called into a room where Buddy Nix stabbed a single sword into the floor in the middle of the room and said "When I come back, I want one of you alive."

And when Nix returned, a battered and bloody Fitz stood alone with a stained sword.

I mean, don't YOU think its weird that we haven't heard from Chan at all since? I mean Tim Graham tweeted that he talked to him, but come on. Why just him? He's in on the cover up, too. Teams want to hire Chan as their OC but they can't get in touch with him. NOT because his agent is obscure, like Tim Graham states in his tweet....

...but because Chan Gailey is DEAD. Slain by Ryan Fitzpatrick, in a "winner take all" effort from Buddy Nix and Russ Brandon to move the team forward. You heard it here first.
    The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN NFL HISTORY to bench their healthy starting quarterback to open the playoffs! WE HAVEN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS SINCE!

FLUTIE: Please forgive Ralphie and lift the curse!!!!!

I like all of Nix's 1st round draft picks. I don't get why you are so skeptical about his decision making. He didn't draft Tebow when everyone thought he would, he didn't draft Gabbert when everyone thought he would... I don't think we "love drafting bad players".
    He also didnt draft Russell Wilson and Colin Kapernick and told fans Fitz was the guy to lead us to the promise land.

Quote Originally Posted by sam712 View Post
    He also didnt draft Russell Wilson and Colin Kapernick and told fans Fitz was the guy to lead us to the promise land.
    Oh noes....2 Qbs with low grades going into the draft. Im shocked that our GM didnt know they were the next Tom Brady of the league. One hasnt played a full season and happens to play on a team that Alex Smith, a previous bust, who was 1 play away from the same position they are in now... not too mention he is responsible for half of their record. If not for concussion Kaep would still be bench riding. Another plays on a team with a monster defense and running game and a new offense that good DCs dont have enough tape on yet. He had a real slow start and got better at mid season. Lets see how they look next couple years before the claims of HoF misses are thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Oh noes....2 Qbs with low grades going into the draft. Im shocked that our GM didnt know they were the next Tom Brady of the league. One hasnt played a full season and happens to play on a team that Alex Smith, a previous bust, who was 1 play away from the same position they are in now... not too mention he is responsible for half of their record. If not for concussion Kaep would still be bench riding. Another plays on a team with a monster defense and running game and a new offense that good DCs dont have enough tape on yet. He had a real slow start and got better at mid season. Lets see how they look next couple years before the claims of HoF misses are thrown around.
    They are both good QBs. Fitz stinks. Nix failed to draft a QB and he can't run away from that.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    They are both good QBs. Fitz stinks. Nix failed to draft a QB and he can't run away from that.
    So should he have gotten Gabbert, Tebow or Locker, some low grade QBs? Who? Arm chair GMs with hindsight.

So should he have gotten Gabbert, Tebow or Locker, some low grade QBs? Who? Arm chair GMs with hindsight.
    It didn't take any hindsight to see that Fitz has not been the answer and yet he was named the franchise QB. Nix didn't even try and draft a rookie. If he's such a talent guru like you say. kaepernick or wilson or even dalton could have been picked. Nix wouldn't have missed on them like some other GM's did.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

With 1,000 different voices talking about the Senior Bowl, it's easy to get confused with how these guys are actually doing.

Reality is this; the Draft Nits can pretend they know what they're talking about, but reality is that they probably don't. In the weeks after the Senior Bowl, the talking head analysts will talk about how guys are rising and falling because over those few weeks they'll get real bits of info from their contacts inside actual NFL organizations and adjust their boards accordingly.

Where the QBs are ranked in the days leading up to the Combine will tell you how they did at the Senior Bowl. Everything else before then is just noise.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay attention to practice info right now gentlemen. These kids are under intense pressure playing for millions of dollars. And watching Nassib today I can honestly say he fared better than I expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    seriously though, i'd love to have 15 minutes with myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    He's too busy getting the inside scoop to do math. Or to make a DFT joke, he probably hasn't gotten to that level of math yet, because you know, he's too young! LOLICOPTERS!!!!1!

http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...erbacks-monday

Overall he gets a good score if these are correct assesments. His deep ball can be fixed. The rest of the comments I found outstanding about him.
    I can't find the dang "roll eyes" smiley... I guess these will do:
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)