4. Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
    5. Daniel Kilgore, OL, Appalachian State
    6. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
    7. Colin Jones, S, TCU
    8. Bruce Miller, DL/FB, Central Florida
    9. Michael Person, OL, Montana State
    10. Curtis Holcomb, CB, Florida A&M

TRADES
    w/Denver: 49ers 2nd (No. 45), 4th (No. 108), 5th (No. 141) for Broncos 2nd (No. 36 - Kaepernick)
    w/Jacksonville: 49ers 3rd (No. 76) for Jaguars 3rd (No. 80 - Culliver) and 6th (No. 182 - Johnson)
    w/Green Bay: 49ers 6th (No. 174) and 7th (No. 231) for Packers 5th (No. 163 - Kilgore)

I believe this draft was nearly perfect done by the staff of the 49ers.

That's what I believe we need to do in this year's draft. Don't overreach for a QB that has a question mark whether he is the franchise quarterback or not. The 1st round pick HAS TO BE STARTER FOR YEARS TO COME! There are so many great talent at defense side. I'd love to draft a guy like Jarvis Jones, D. Moore, Werner, or OLB/DE then we can go ahead and trade up to get a QB in late 1st rnd pick if needed to. This is the year we can afford to trade up to get better talents, not to acquire more picks to address holes as we only have fewer of them comparing to last season. Go DE/OLB, QB, WR/CB. Go Bills!

Those first two picks alone might be one of the greatest drafts in Niners history.

Couldn't agree more with your assessment and not because SF did it,because it makes the most sense.This is why i support Nix and don't understand the hate for him.

Ask yourself this. For the most part of our 13 year playoff drought,what have we been doing year in and out on draft day?

Piling picks because we have SO many holes to fill!! Like OP stated,look at the roster. For the first time in years we have solidified talent on both sides of the ball in key areas! We can AFFORD to give away a pick or 2 in order to take a star,versus grabbing 2 or 3 players that have potential,soley because Nix has done a great job at solidifying a roster that was in shambles 3 years ago...

We should trade all our picks in order to have just 3 really good ones.... a QB, LB and WR.

OP nails it - you can also look at Cincinnati for a model - BPA AJ Green in the first and Dalton - solid QB in the 2nd. Or Houston - they go BPA all the way and pick up a solid QB in Schaub. All the players are there to make any of these models work - get a QB like Houston did (Smith or Moore) and go BPA all the way. Stud WR and decent QB in the 2nd or stud defender like SF at 8 - that is the smart play. QB at 8 is JAX part deux.

Most of the guys in front of us did it wrong - KC maybe gets a break as Cassell won 11 games, but the rest of the teams struck out early in the draft with a reach at QB or did something else wrong - Jax- Gabbert. Oakland way over-paid for Palmer, Eagles neglected their o-line(look how many SF guys are 1st round picks), AZ took soft armed Leinart, Cleveland might be ok with Weeden but he won't last long, Detroit I think has locker room issues.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Good post. I think that Nix has a steady hand and will not panic, which I like.
    We are in solid shape to build this team if they execute. This is no longer a blank slate to start with.
    EJ Manuel is the answer...

(until he no longer is the answer)

Probably is we aren't drafting quite high enough in the 2nd round.

I believe we are 9th, with a bunch of teams ahead of us that might take a QB.
    2014 Mock Draft

Trade down

After trading back --> LB Ryan Shazier
    2a)TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins __ 2b) WR Donte Montcrief
    3) CB Bashaud Breeland - Clemson
    4) RB Lache Seastrunk - Baylor
    5) DE Taylor Hart - Oregon
    6) * WR Mike Williams *
    7) S Jestin Love, Central Arkansas

Keep drafting QBs. Fill the pipeline.

If we dont take a qb at 8, were going to have to trade up. Theres just too many guys in front of us after a qb.
    Go Bills!

DRAFT
    1. Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
    2. Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
    3. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
    4. Trai Turner, OG, LSU
    5. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    7. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Acquisitions: Corey Graham, Chris Williams, Brandon Spikes, Anthony Dixon, Mike Williams.

lol that was a extremely lucky 1st and 2nd pick, we would end up with a Maybin and JP Losman type imo

Quote Originally Posted by damac294 View Post
    See below to see why:

1. Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
    2. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    3. Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina
    4. Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
    5. Daniel Kilgore, OL, Appalachian State
    6. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
    7. Colin Jones, S, TCU
    8. Bruce Miller, DL/FB, Central Florida
    9. Michael Person, OL, Montana State
    10. Curtis Holcomb, CB, Florida A&M

TRADES
    w/Denver: 49ers 2nd (No. 45), 4th (No. 108), 5th (No. 141) for Broncos 2nd (No. 36 - Kaepernick)
    w/Jacksonville: 49ers 3rd (No. 76) for Jaguars 3rd (No. 80 - Culliver) and 6th (No. 182 - Johnson)
    w/Green Bay: 49ers 6th (No. 174) and 7th (No. 231) for Packers 5th (No. 163 - Kilgore)

I believe this draft was nearly perfect done by the staff of the 49ers.

That's what I believe we need to do in this year's draft. Don't overreach for a QB that has a question mark whether he is the franchise quarterback or not. The 1st round pick HAS TO BE STARTER FOR YEARS TO COME! There are so many great talent at defense side. I'd love to draft a guy like Jarvis Jones, D. Moore, Werner, or OLB/DE then we can go ahead and trade up to get a QB in late 1st rnd pick if needed to. This is the year we can afford to trade up to get better talents, not to acquire more picks to address holes as we only have fewer of them comparing to last season. Go DE/OLB, QB, WR/CB. Go Bills!

Kaepernick was considered a third rounder, maybe even a 4th. They had to reach for him, and they absolutely did. If we want a QB, most likely we'll have to do the same.

Their first two picks were brilliant, but it was also a case of good players going to teams with tremendous talent, and that talent enabling them to be a lot better than they might have been on other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    Kaepernick was considered a third rounder, maybe even a 4th. They had to reach for him, and they absolutely did. If we want a QB, most likely we'll have to do the same.
    I'm fine with reaching for a QB, but lets follow the 49ers model and reach in the second round. Please don't reach at #8.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingThatShouldNotBe View Post
    I'm fine with reaching for a QB, but lets follow the 49ers model and reach in the second round. Please don't reach at #8.

Fair enough. At that point the odds are OK that Manuel might still be there. You OK with that? Bray would likely be there. Maybe Landry Jones? Matt Scott? Dysert? As long as you don't mind that, guys with third and fourth round grades, yeah, let's wait till the second. That's probably the best guess as to who will still be there, though things could always be stirred up in the next few months.

Kaepernick had a third or fourth round grade.

Honestly the way i have been looking at this draft is it might be best to trade down unless Jarvis is there at 8. Attempt to trade down because we only have 6 picks this year, try to pick up some extra picks to trade back into the first again and end up getting someone like Ogletree or Te'o from 12-20 and then trade back up into the 1st for our 2nd and later pick and get the QB that we want there.

Ideally i would like to see the Bills trade their first for a first and a 2nd/3rd, drop back into the 15-20 range. Then trade back into the first/early 2nd 25-35 range with a 2nd and 4th.

EDIT: I believe someone(Te'o, Ogletree) will still be there from 15-20 and if not then we could get BPA which would be like an extra player.

So draft homeruns in the early rounds?

Good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    OP nails it - you can also look at Cincinnati for a model - BPA AJ Green in the first and Dalton - solid QB in the 2nd. Or Houston - they go BPA all the way and pick up a solid QB in Schaub. All the players are there to make any of these models work - get a QB like Houston did (Smith or Moore) and go BPA all the way. Stud WR and decent QB in the 2nd or stud defender like SF at 8 - that is the smart play. QB at 8 is JAX part deux.

Most of the guys in front of us did it wrong - KC maybe gets a break as Cassell won 11 games, but the rest of the teams struck out early in the draft with a reach at QB or did something else wrong - Jax- Gabbert. Oakland way over-paid for Palmer, Eagles neglected their o-line(look how many SF guys are 1st round picks), AZ took soft armed Leinart, Cleveland might be ok with Weeden but he won't last long, Detroit I think has locker room issues.
    Forgot about Cincinnati's good drafts lately. I'm used to see that they kept making those nonsense picks before then. Ever since Harbaugh came to 49ers, I think he probably talked into some senses in the staff to pick right players. Let's hope that Marrone is capable of doing the same thing.

Yea thats a solid plan if somehow Jones falls to 8 I'd jump on that and then take a QB in the second
    2014 NFL Mock Draft

9: Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
    41: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    73: Christian Jones, LB, Florida State
    109: Marcus Smith, DE/OLB, Louisville
    149: Andre Williams, RB, Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieJizzle22 View Post
    Those first two picks alone might be one of the greatest drafts in Niners history.
    Trading for the Patriots' 3rd round pick and drafting Jerry Rice is the greatest trade and pick in NFL history, let alone for the 49ers.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieJizzle22 View Post
    2007 may argue with you...Joe Staley, Patrick Willis, Dashon Goldston
    1991 may argue with you...Ted Washingon, Merton Hanks, Ricky Watters
    1986 may argue with you...Rathman, McKyer, Taylor, Haley, Wallace, ***an, Griifin

I'd even agrue 81..Lott, Wright, Williamson
    or 79...Montana to Clark.

Jerry Rice by himself in 85 is worth a mention.

The 07 draft has 10 pro-bowl seasons by those 3 guys in 6 years...even if Smith and Kaepernick make the pro bowl every year they would still need another guy to match 2007s 10 in 6 seasons.

The 86 draft came with 7 STARTERS on Super Bowl champions..these are not guys who started on crap teams..they were legitimate starters on one of the best of all-time.

No way Smith and Kaep are the best in 49ers history..I'd put them at #7 right now, and may end up comparing to the 91 draft..but they will not even come close to 07/86.

Trent Baalke, the 49ers GM has been the best in the business over the last 3 years. Not only do they hit on **** near every draft pick, not only are they the deepest team in the league as far as depth goes, but he also managed to get the team that went to the Super Bowl this year....

13 draft picks this year. Unreal.

It's kind of hard to do without Willis or Bowman already on our team, and not have to worry about that position; or many others for that matter. We are still pretty weak in depth across the board and starters in some places.
    Goonies Never Say Die
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill: Cordy "The Tank" Glenn

2013 BBMB NFL Season Pickem