Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buddy Nix is a very straight forward guy, but for some reason, I feel he is lying

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

What about signing a solid receiver or linebacker in FA and drafting whichever of the two wasn't signed with the 8th pick and then moving up to get a qb in the mid to late first. Receiver and linebacker are both my deeper in FA and the draft class than the QB position is in either.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbohastle51 View Post
    What about signing a solid receiver or linebacker in FA and drafting whichever of the two wasn't signed with the 8th pick and then moving up to get a qb in the mid to late first. Receiver and linebacker are both my deeper in FA and the draft class than the QB position is in either.
    This draft is super deep @ wr, but not so great at MLB imo.

I would draft Te'o, a qb, then try for someone like Darick rogers/quinton patton/stedman bailey/cobi hamilton in the 3rd.
    Go Bills!

DRAFT
    1. Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M
    2. Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
    3. Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson
    4. Trai Turner, OG, LSU
    5. Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
    7. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami

Acquisitions: Corey Graham, Chris Williams, Brandon Spikes, Anthony Dixon, Mike Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by dtsportscards View Post
    If you go back to look at the old videos of Buddy Nix, he has always been straight forward. He has always told people what he wanted in a QB, and what he was looking for. He has said that he wanted a bigger quarterback, who was mobile and had a good arm. He said this would be the perfect year to trade up for your guy if he is there. Buddy downplayed a player last year saying that he was a guard prospect but they really liked him. I talked to several people who said they had a scout around Cordy Glenn every time you turned around. It was obvious they wanted him, he was lucky that Cordy fell to him in the second. But there is something different this year.

Buffalo Bills need a QB, WR and LB. If you listen to Buddy talk about Manti Te'o he was in love with him and talked highly about Te'o. This was in fact before "Catfish" occurred. But something is not right here. If you listen to Buddy he said today, he has seen every snap of Nassib, every drop back, every throw. And he said he is really high on him, he was smiling like for sure come draft day, He is ours at 8th overall. While before I would have believed him, but something just doesn't add up.

Buddy always tells some sort of truth, but he believes in BPA. Buddy might be 70 plus years old, but he is not stupid. You do not draft a QB that is rated as a 2nd rounder with the 8th pick. In this case, I believe they will draft the best player available. I would not be surprised if Geno Smith is there Buffalo will draft him at 8, but don't be surprised if Buffalo drafts a LBer at 8 and then trades back into the first round to get their QB. He might not be a tall, strong armed quarterback that can run, he could be a 6'2 QB from Pennsylvania. I still think Buffalo will go BPA at 8, and then trade back up to get their QB. Buddy just seems to be holding something up his sleeve, I just can't figure out what it is yet.

I think they will go

8 - Te'o
    Trade back for Nassib or Glennon
    My question is... who rates Nassib as a 2nd rounder? Every mock I've seen has Nassib going in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    People keep saying take BPA at 8 and then trade back into the first round and get QB. What exactly are we using to trade back into the first?
    On top of that what team in front of us is going to want us picking before them? this "just trade back up into the first round" is not so easy without a trading partner, the questions are who is that going to be, and will the guy we want still be there when we get this pick....
    "I am a river to my people"

VMA 331 2nd Marine Air Wing Cherry Point NC Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan1516 View Post
    My question is... who rates Nassib as a 2nd rounder? Every mock I've seen has Nassib going in the first.
    I have him as a second rounder. Love his ability but feel his upside is limited. In my opinion (just my opinion) he is in the overachiever mold, where as Glennon, Smith and Wilson aren't even close to their ceilings. With that said, I still expect him to be a quality starter in 1-2 years in the right system.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    seriously though, i'd love to have 15 minutes with myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    He's too busy getting the inside scoop to do math. Or to make a DFT joke, he probably hasn't gotten to that level of math yet, because you know, he's too young! LOLICOPTERS!!!!1!

While Nix has made it clear that he wants a QB he has also made it clear that he wants "playmakers". I don't think Nix will reach at #8, however if his QB is there at #8 then Nix will prob pull the trigger. I like the idea of best LB or WR available at #8 and then trade back up to get your QB. I don't think you can go BPA at 8 and then just hope and pray that the QB you want will still be there in the 2nd round. It's been ground into the dirt a million times, but it's a QB driven league and if you don't have one you're going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdk View Post
    why would we take teo at 8? LBs should never go that high especially ones that have character issues.

We will go QB at 8....no one remembers that you reached if the guy works out. Its just sillyness to think about trading back into the first for a QB. Wont happen!
    Don't want Teo that's for sure. Maybe Dee M there, or trade down if possible...

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    I have him as a second rounder. Love his ability but feel his upside is limited. In my opinion (just my opinion) he is in the overachiever mold, where as Glennon, Smith and Wilson aren't even close to their ceilings. With that said, I still expect him to be a quality starter in 1-2 years in the right system.
    This is where I see Nassib as well. He's done well for himself and his hard work is a great thing. However, I just feel he's reached his ceiling and is in the Fitz mold as far as that goes. Not to say he won't be a better qb in the NFL than Fitz, this is just my opinion. I agree with your assessment of Glennon, Smith, and Wilson, but I would also add Barkley to that list. I think they can really develop into something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    IMHO, what you described there isn't called lying. Being a bit misleading maybe, but certainly not lying. He hasn't promised a QB in the first, or at #8.

As for your exact prediction, it's as reasonable as any other, though I personally don't think Te'O is all that good at coverage. He drops back well, he covers zones well, but I don't see him covering guys one on one, which is what Pettine has implied an LB would have to do in this system.

We'll see.
    Lying???? Yes and no. Buddy was never really exposed to GMship, especially under AJ Smith in San Diego. Buddy admitted as much las year web he drafted Cordy Glenn. Nix basically said they definitely envisioned Glenn as a LT and could play guard in the NFL if need be, but he was misleading in last years draft and that is how OBD was able to get Glenn in the 2nd. Glenn probably isn't to thrilled by this, considering there was millions on line.

Mid-season 2012, Nix realized he was duped by Gailey, and started talking a QB for this season. At this point, Nix did say they have been looking for a QB in previous seasons, but QB didn't realize that with the new CBA, QBs needed to be drafted a full round earlier than they were graded. Does anyone remember Nix saying something to this effect?

My only issue is, why gamble like that. If Nix is supposedly that high on Nassib, take him while you can. Not for nothing-
    - No one and i repeat no one saw Ponder going as high as he did. Thus, if Buffalo passes who is to say the Jets won't take him? Or, if the QB needy teams don't draft one in the first, what prevents them from trading back in?

- Scout or no scout, Nassib is not even the best QB at the Senior Bowl, how could the kid be the most talented in the class? If that had been the case why was Nassib never discussed until more recently? Not many knew who RG3 was leading up to the start of the NCAA season two years ago. However, as the season progressed it became more and more evident RG3 would be a top pick. Point being it doesn't take a whole day to recognize sunshine, why did it take this long for Nassib to get this type of attention?
    - BPA is not going to be an ILB at the eighth pick.

i'd rather have glennon or nassib. tyler wilson has proven to have a weak arm, and throws a wobbly ball. please don't take wilson. wasted pick at #8

Quote Originally Posted by arudz View Post
    i'd rather have glennon or nassib. tyler wilson has proven to have a weak arm, and throws a wobbly ball. please don't take wilson. wasted pick at #8
    Nassin can't read and Glennon is color blind... See I can make up fake assessments as well.

Teo wouldn't be the BPA at eight. He's not as good as Kuechly who went #9 last year.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm Bruce Nolan, Eyewitness News.

@BruceExclusive on Twitter

http://www.ballburglar.com

Is it not a proven practice to NOT take the QB with the smallest hands? Reasons being passing control I.e. spirals vs wobbly, but also ball control. I.e. fumbles when hit hard. Someone showed a chart that had handsizes with Wilson having, by far, the smallest. Just remember, Losman had th smallest hands of his class.

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Nassib can't read and Glennon is color blind... See I can make up fake assessments as well.
    That made me LOL. Thank you!

That would be funny as hell, to hear an NFL Scout say "he's got lots of athleticism but he can't read and that's a concern"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Syracuse View Post
    That made me LOL. Thank you!

That would be funny as hell, to hear an NFL Scout say "he's got lots of athleticism but he can't read and that's a concern"!
    Lol, I like Nassib do not get me wrong but I just can not stand people that come on the boards and throw out false reports on players to support their case.

Furthermore, that would be pretty funny if that was a concern.
    I LOVE ME SOME ME
    Adopt a Bill 2012- Cordy Glenn
    Adopt a Bill 2013- Mario Williams
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Emerson

Mock 3/16
    1) Mike Evans WR, A&M
    2) Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech
    3) Anthony Johnson DT, LSU
    4) Billy Turner OT, North Dakota State
    5) Michael Sam DE, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    Nassin can't read defenses and Glennon is color blind often throwing to the wrong team... See I can make up fake assessments as well.
    There I fixed it for you

When it comes to who a GM is looking to draft, its not really called lying. Its called not tipping your hand.
    He has been known as straight forward, and has been in other areas, but you won't find a GM who is going to publically tell everyone what their draft day plans are, unless they have the first pick overall, and really not even then. Success in his profession pretty much demands that you keep certain things close to the vest...especially when it comes to the draft.