Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mock offseason...Bills and 7 teams ahead of them (long)

Default My Mock offseason...Bills and 7 teams ahead of them (long)

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I'm not going to do cuts or even minor re-signings, I will say though the Bills will cut Fitz and franchise Byrd, however I don't think they pay Levitre the kind of money he's expecting. I believe they will offer him 5 years $30 million and he's going to ask for 6 years and $45 million, so I see him hitting the open market and signing with possibly Dallas, not sure of the cap situation.

So to the Chiefs...I think Andy Reid has a hand in franchising Bowe for a 2nd straight season...I also think they will let Albert walk....I can see Alex Smith ending up here for a pair of 4th round picks, it's the same type of situation he had in SF, solid O-line and a good running game. They will need a LT if they let Albert walk and that's why at #1 they select LT Luke Jockel

The Jags I believe will be fairly quiet through out the FA process...I can see them trading MJD come draft day though and picking up a 2nd and 5th from Cincy...Knighton is a FA and Alualu has been disappointing, with Star there it makes sense, however I think the go DE despite having Babin...question is who would they take? I'm going to say they select at #2 DE Demontre Moore

Picking third is the Raiders and if there's a spot for a team to move up this could be it, the Raiders don't have a 2nd this year and would likely be willing to move pick to aquire it...my friends a big Raiders fan and it sounds like they may start Pryor next year, the Raiders could use a WR on offense but I think they focus on defense in the draft and FA...I think they add a DE in FA in someone like Wallace Gilberry and while they will likely lose Wheeler in FA I think they look at LBer as well and sign Deandre Levy...as for the draft they will try and trade down but with no one looking to move up at #3 they take BPA and select DT Star Lotuleli

The Eagles won't do much in FA as they have almost everything Chip needs to run his offense, I see them cutting Vick and Nnamdi, freeing up some money...They will see what intrest there is on Foles and I believe they end up trading Foles and bringing in Dennis Dixon...I also see them at #4 selecting QB Geno Smith

The Lions don't a lot of needs, however they do have some FA's that could be leaving including DE Cliff Avril and LB Deandre Levy...I believe they will try and bring back Avril, however I think he still wants to test the market and may realize the Lions probably won't use the franchice tag on him again...if he leaves and with Vandenbosch declining and possibly retiring I believe at #5 the Lions select DE Bjorn Werener

The Browns are moving to a 3-4 and while they have some pieces to make the move they would have likely been better off staying in a 4-3 for now at least...I think Alex Smith would be a nice pickup for the Browns as he has had success with Turner, however I have Smith landing in KC...I do see the Browns going after another QB though to compete with Weeden and Matt Flynn could be that guy...they need a #1 WR but to me this is to early and the Browns moving to the 3-4 means at #6 they select DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo

The Cardinals need an O-lineman and I believe they make a hard push to land a T and G through FA....I see them falling landing the best T on the market in Albert and a solid G in Donald Thomas....There line is so bad I could see them taking another lineman here, however I believe they cut Kolb and start fresh at QB and at #7 they select QB Matt Barkley

Now for the Bills. I haven't heard anything on their intentions yet, just what everyone else has heard. Like I said before I believe the Bills may lose Levitre to FA and if they do Rinehart will take his place, that does leave a bit of a hole in case one of the interior lineman go down. Therefore I believe the Bills will add someone that can play G and C, so I think Rob Turner would be a good pickup...they will try for the big WRs and won't be able to land one as the money will be to much for there liking, however they do sign a WR with good upside in Ramses Barden....I have believed the Bills will sign a LBer in FA just because a LBer is cheaper to sign than a CB or S. I still believe they sign a LBer it just won't be a big time LBer and will sign Erin Henderson....The Bills will make one more signing in FA and the best thing for a young QB to have is weapons and a TE in perticular. When the Bills realize they won't sign a top flight WR they will turn there attention to a TE and take Dustin Keller away from the Jets...

At pick 8 the Bills could go several different ways, I've heard many like Ogletree, I personally think he will fall a bit, to the mid twenties...Jarvis Jones is available and many fans would love that, I also see him falling out of the top ten due to injury concerns...Patterson the WR would be an okay pick, I think he's a lot like Stephen Hill last year, in that he's got the size and speed but is just to raw...Eric Fisher wouldn't be horrible as he could play RT but I think the Bills use Hairston and are happy with it, Vaccaro would be my surprise pick but I think Williams gets moved to S...therefore it leaves us with the QB position, which is where I believe the Bills go..everyone has there favorites for this position...I don't really have one but I think the QB that will rise the most (along with Barkley) is Tyler Wilson

In RD two the Bills take a WR and much like the Colts did a year ago the Bills give there QB his college teammate in Cobi Hamilton...not my favorite WR but I believe his size and his familiarity with Wilson will be the reason for him being the pick.

RD 3 the Bills take someone that I tphave watched since he first came into college and I personally believe is a late 1st RD talent in CB Blidi Wreh Wilson...I am a little surprised to see him rated so low on many mock experts boards and the closer we get to the draft the more we'll hear about GMs liking him in the early 2nd, but for now he's still rated a third rounder by many

RD 4 the Bills add to there LB core by adding ILB Jon Bostic...He's a solid option to challenge Sheppard for playing time. I believe Bradham will start come next season and I have the Bills signing Henderson to start as well, that means Barnett (if retained) Sheppard and Bostic will all challenge for the 3rd LBer

RD 5 the Bills add another LBer in Gerald Hodges...another solid addition to the LBer core that over time could be turned into a starter and would provide solid depth throughout the year

RD 6 the Bills finally pull the plug in Lindell...the guys can't hit the end zone from the 35 yd line, and while I believ if given the chance he can hit 50 yd FG's but I'm not sure the new coaches will trust him enough..that's why the Bills add K Dustin Hopkins

I also think the Bills add a P as an udfa in Ryan Allen (if he doesn't get drafted)
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

Good thoughts...I would be ecstatic if we got E. Henderson and then Bostic...also, a late round sleeper for me is Jelani Jenkins_ LB_ Florida...thanks for the insight and be sure to keep us posted when FA draws nearer and about their intentions!!!

Good read looks realistic to me. I like the Keller and Henderson pick up's. Looking forward to some insider info when it becomes available. I think we have similar ideas on how the draft will go down (see sig). What do you think about Markus wheaton in the 2nd, I know he is not the size guy buddy keeps talking about, but the kid has crazy talent and speed.

Great post
    If Hodges is there in the 5th I would be very happy

Quote Originally Posted by jnagy View Post
    Good read looks realistic to me. I like the Keller and Henderson pick up's. Looking forward to some insider info when it becomes available. I think we have similar ideas on how the draft will go down (see sig). What do you think about Markus wheaton in the 2nd, I know he is not the size guy buddy keeps talking about, but the kid has crazy talent and speed.
    If they do her Barden in FA then he'd be a solid addition to the group, I just gave then Hamilton because he'd be familiar with Wilson and is a solid prospect, but Wheaton would be a nice addition as well, he and Graham can do some nice things with the ball in there hands
    Mock draft

1. T Jake Matthews
    2. TE Jace Amaro
    3. DE Kareem Martin
    4. LB Jordan Zumwalt
    5. CB Walt Aikens
    7. P Pat O'Donnell

Another Championship Uconn!!!

You don't make sense OP....You would you cut Fitz and then turn around and draft a questionable QB in a very thin QB draft year ????? There aren't even enough FA QB's to go around yet you want to cut a guy for what reason when there is no better option to replace him with .......You armchair GM's amaze me !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    You don't make sense OP....You would you cut Fitz and then turn around and draft a questionable QB in a very thin QB draft year ????? There aren't even enough FA QB's to go around yet you want to cut a guy for what reason when there is no better option to replace him with .......You armchair GM's amaze me !!!!
    Your inconsistent, inaccurate,turnover machine, poor in the clutch QB is not good enough and will be replaced. Better get used to it.I kind of want more than 1 win in 53 starts against a winning team from my QB.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

So there going to throw him a $7.5 million dollar bonus just because if they don't the don't have a QB on the roster? Heck I was a QB once you can give me a $50k bonus and I'm sure I'll produce just as much as Fitz will next year for this team...face it, whether or not he's cut he's not going to be starting next season and to pay him that kind of a bonus when you know he's not going to be the starter is wasteful...they'll go out and bring in a QB to be the backup to whatever QB they draft, but I don't see any circumstance where Fitz is brought back

Your draft has Milliner falling to the Bills at 8. If that happens, there is 0% chance the Bills pass on him IMO. The chance to have 2 shutdown CBs for at least the next four years would be far too tempting to pass up.

As long as the Bills come away with either Barkley or Wilson in round one I will be more than pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    So there going to throw him a $7.5 million dollar bonus just because if they don't the don't have a QB on the roster? Heck I was a QB once you can give me a $50k bonus and I'm sure I'll produce just as much as Fitz will next year for this team...face it, whether or not he's cut he's not going to be starting next season and to pay him that kind of a bonus when you know he's not going to be the starter is wasteful...they'll go out and bring in a QB to be the backup to whatever QB they draft, but I don't see any circumstance where Fitz is brought back
    $7 M is guaranteed so it doesn't matter if he is playing for the Bills or stocking shelves at Wegmans....Marrone is not a fool. He can see how Chan's playcalling was horrible and how Fitz suffered thru it. Also he is pretty much stuck with Fitz for at least another year since this draft is QB weak and despite what you haters think Fitz was NOT the worst QB in the league. I know you guys think a QB pick at #8 is sexy but there is no QB that is BPA at #8 !!!!

$7 M is guaranteed so it doesn't matter if he is playing for the Bills or stocking shelves at Wegmans....Marrone is not a fool. He can see how Chan's playcalling was horrible and how Fitz suffered thru it. Also he is pretty much stuck with Fitz for at least another year since this draft is QB weak and despite what you haters think Fitz was NOT the worst QB in the league. I know you guys think a QB pick at #8 is sexy but there is no QB that is BPA at #8 !!!!
    Wilson would be a nice pick at 8.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

Great write up OP. I tend to agree that even though the "experts" say it's a weak QB year, we will still see a few of them in the top 10.

Do you think if the run doesn't happen though, we could trade back, and get our qb at the 15-18 range instead?
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Quote Originally Posted by brianm1113 View Post
    Your draft has Milliner falling to the Bills at 8. If that happens, there is 0% chance the Bills pass on him IMO. The chance to have 2 shutdown CBs for at least the next four years would be far too tempting to pass up.
    A lot of people are big fans of his but I don't believe he's that great, I think he's a first rd CB but I would say he's be the 3rd CB possibly 4th is this was last years crop...I still think he's going to be a solid CB but I also think he's a bit overrated

Quote Originally Posted by vegasloveforthebills View Post
    Great write up OP. I tend to agree that even though the "experts" say it's a weak QB year, we will still see a few of them in the top 10.

Do you think if the run doesn't happen though, we could trade back, and get our qb at the 15-18 range instead?
    Personally is rather do that and believe the Bills may in fact try to do that and with guys like Jones and Ansah still there and the Jets at 9 I could see a team looking to jump them. Also there's really no teams behind us that I'd worry about taking a QB...but if the Bills don't get offeres and if the offers are too far back to where they don't think they can get there QB I think they'd stay put and take one at 8.

$7 million is guaranteed but if they keep him they have to pay a roster bonus of $7.5 million, they will not do that when they know they will have better options available...he wasn't the worst QB however he's far from what the Bills need and the Bills shouldn't settle for a guy that's not even in the top 25 at his position which just so happens to be the most important position in all of football. He is a solid and capable backup, not a starter and you don't pay a backup a $7.5 million dollar roster bonus

Nicely thought out baldat. This may not be what everyone might want but it is a very realistic possibility. Totally agree that we will chase but not get a top name WR mainly due to the new Coaching Staff and QB situation. I really like Ramses Barden and have called for him as a FA add. He played very well in the absence of Nicks this year.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

That's a fairly plausible offseason for the Bills. Cobi Hamilton seems to be a fairly reliable receiver if not impressively athletic. I wouldn't be upset it that's how it pans out. As far as Ryan Fitzpatrick is concerned, whether he is released or retained depends on what the Bills can find in free agency more than who they might draft. I don't know that any quarterback in this draft is going to be ready to start in September. I've never been a Fitzpatrick fan, but unless the Bills trade for a veteran (which gets expensive in a hurry) they might not be able to sign anyone worthy of being more than a backup.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

Doubtful Hodges is there in the 5th. Also, IMO there will be alot more talent left at receiver when we pick in the 2nd that we wouldn't take Hamilton. Hunter, Williams, Hopkins, Patton would all be better picks.

Quote Originally Posted by baldat28 View Post
    Personally is rather do that and believe the Bills may in fact try to do that and with guys like Jones and Ansah still there and the Jets at 9 I could see a team looking to jump them. Also there's really no teams behind us that I'd worry about taking a QB...but if the Bills don't get offeres and if the offers are too far back to where they don't think they can get there QB I think they'd stay put and take one at 8.

Makes sense, and I think a potential partner could be Pitts. To me their biggest need is youth on defense. Milliner would be a great fit in Pitts in my opinion.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams