Thread: Danny Crossman

Default Danny Crossman

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I just watched his interview video. Now, I know ST coaches need to be a little off, but what the hell is up with this guy? After the video was over, I realized that I had no idea what he just said. I was paying too much attention to the way he talked, and his facial expressions. Seems kinda creepy. He almost reminds me of Lumberg in Office Space. Anybody else notice that he seems like a weirdo?
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Should of brought back Bobby April.

Lol I got the same impression. Guy seems a bit strange.

Completely agree, Dogg.

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

It honestly looked like an interview with a guy who just witnessed his entire family get hacked up.
    "What matters is two years and three years down the road, if we have this thing turned around in the right direction and we're winning," Nix said. "I know before I'm asked this, you're going to think I'm crazy, but we're not that far away."

“Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates,” Wilson said. “We didn’t know them. I didn’t know them. I don’t think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates.”

I feel like he's going to murder me one day.

Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    he just loves jets. and the color green. he loves the color green and jets really bad.

After watching video it seems like he didnt answer questions directly, he spoke around them.. Willing to give him a shot before i pass judgement.. He could be awesome who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Bosini383 View Post
    After watching video it seems like he didnt answer questions directly, he spoke around them.. Willing to give him a shot before i pass judgement.. He could be awesome who knows..
    For me, it has nothing to do about the job he'll do. I just thought it was funny.

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by My Source View Post
    For me, it has nothing to do about the job he'll do. I just thought it was funny.
    Why shouldnt it be about the job he'll do.. And as for the funny part- maybe a little childish dont you think? Ever think the guy or his family comes on here?

I was curious after reading all the remarks about Crossman's interview. While I am not in a professional position to state this with any certainty, it appears to me that Mr. Crossman may have been a stutterer in the past and has done an excellent job overcoming that. If that is the case, doing an interview in front of a camera is one of the most difficult things to do; a person who has difficulty with stuttering might very well make a conscous decision to avoid looking into a camera. From what I understand, people that overcome/manage stuttering difficulties learn techniques that help them move forward when they find themselves beginning to stutter and I believe he may have been employing some of those techniques.

If you notice during the interview, there are times when he is very deliberate in his speech and other times when he seems quite relaxed and his thoughts and words flow smoothly. There were times that I could tell that he was so passionate about what he was saying that it was not an issue, and other times when articulating what he wanted to say seemed to take quite a bit of thought and energy. I think stuttering must be extremely frustrating because people that stutter are usually highly intelligent, but the difficulty they have articulating their ideas and thoughts can interfere with them (and their ideas, for that matter) receiving the respect they deserve.

Again, I have no idea whether this is the case for Mr. Crossman or not, but before you jump all over someone because their speech patterns seems a little different, consider the possibility that this is an extremely brave individual that has worked through some difficulties in order to do a job that he loves. Let's give the guy a chance to show us what he can do in Buffalo. Let's judge him by the coaching job he does, not by his public speaking/interviewing skills. Most likely, it will not be a concern at all when he is coaching or conversing in less formal or public contexts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario's Girl View Post
    I was curious after reading all the remarks about Crossman's interview. While I am not in a professional position to state this with any certainty, it appears to me that Mr. Crossman may have been a stutterer in the past and has done an excellent job overcoming that. If that is the case, doing an interview in front of a camera is one of the most difficult things to do; a person who has difficulty with stuttering might very well make a conscous decision to avoid looking into a camera. From what I understand, people that overcome/manage stuttering difficulties learn techniques that help them move forward when they find themselves beginning to stutter and I believe he may have been employing some of those techniques.

If you notice during the interview, there are times when he is very deliberate in his speech and other times when he seems quite relaxed and his thoughts and words flow smoothly. There were times that I could tell that he was so passionate about what he was saying that it was not an issue, and other times when articulating what he wanted to say seemed to take quite a bit of thought and energy. I think stuttering must be extremely frustrating because people that stutter are usually highly intelligent, but the difficulty they have articulating their ideas and thoughts can interfere with them (and their ideas, for that matter) receiving the respect they deserve.

Again, I have no idea whether this is the case for Mr. Crossman or not, but before you jump all over someone because their speech patterns seems a little different, consider the possibility that this is an extremely brave individual that has worked through some difficulties in order to do a job that he loves. Let's give the guy a chance to show us what he can do in Buffalo. Let's judge him by the coaching job he does, not by his public speaking/interviewing skills. Most likely, it will not be a concern at all when he is coaching or conversing in less formal or public contexts.
    Looks to me almost like he has Bell's Palsy, one side of his face droops a bit and looks partially paralyzed. Former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien had it as well.
    justRN: "They carted off Freddies ACL after he ripped it out for being weak."

Mark Asper: "He'd come smashing in there and make a big play and he has no emotion. He just goes back to the defensive huddle, and we had to trash talk for him. Our big line was 'Kiko Smash.' "#TheLegendOfKikoAlonzo

www.billievers.com