Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does free agency start? hope Bills are aggressive

Default When does free agency start? hope Bills are aggressive

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Was wondering when free agency start. I hope Nix and Whaley don't wait till the last minute to get a player like they usually do every year

March 12.... i dont see the team waiting till the last second if there is a fa they want... they usually dont wait till last second, ie mario williams

Quote Originally Posted by hulk1914 View Post
    Was wondering when free agency start. I hope Nix and Whaley don't wait till the last minute to get a player like they usually do every year
    L2research before making insane comments like that. Lol wow, waiting in North Carolina minutes before FA starts to pick up Mario Williams isn't early enough? Really?

Bad troll attempt i think

Hopefully they make a move for Anthony Spencer if he becomes available. Maybe another DT or DE as well.
    Last edited by Smart Billz; 01-26-2013 at 02:11 AM.

I'm hoping they don't go after the big names, I don't wan`t to be the Jets in 3 years. plenty of WR's in this draft, we can find our own Bowe/Jennings. LB and CB you can get some real bargains.

hope the playmakers that will contribute

You mean like last year when they were the first team to pull Williams, Anderson and Meechem in here?

interesting thoughts...we had a plane waiting for mario but we were slow?
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

Aggressive for who? My priority would be Matt Moore. I'd also be happy with Avery or Gibson to replace Jones and a CB like Hayden, Moore, or Butler. DeVito will likely be a target.

Yeah, like last year when they went after Mario from minute one? Come on.

I'd expect them to be aggressive. But don't expect them to spend a lot of money this year. They've said again and again that they're building through the drafts and supplementing with low and medium priced FAs with an occasional high-priced guy sprinkled in. Most likely Mario was that guy and we won't see another one for a couple of years or so.

Last minute after last year? Right. I hope they target Keller and a LB

The Bills never sign FA QB's like other teams, and that makes me mad. I know there are a lot of prospects out there, but for every 1000 QB FA prospects, there is 1 Kurt Warner, former Grocery Bagger

Quote Originally Posted by Airseven View Post
    Aggressive for who? My priority would be Matt Moore. I'd also be happy with Avery or Gibson to replace Jones and a CB like Hayden, Moore, or Butler. DeVito will likely be a target.
    DeVito?

Quote Originally Posted by Airseven View Post
    You youuuuuuuuuu did you start this matt moore nonsense!?

A man's got to BILLieve in something. I BILLieve I'll have another drink.
    -- W.C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    Yeah, like last year when they went after Mario from minute one? Come on.

I'd expect them to be aggressive. But don't expect them to spend a lot of money this year. They've said again and again that they're building through the drafts and supplementing with low and medium priced FAs with an occasional high-priced guy sprinkled in. Most likely Mario was that guy and we won't see another one for a couple of years or so.
    That's a winning strategy. External FA are expensive so they take a big bite out of a team's cap. Also they are older so they might fall off from their previous performance more quickly than expected.

The Jets are the cautionary tale on FA. They signed lots of high priced guys in a push to go to the Super Bowl around 2008, 2009. LB Bart Scott, LB Calvin Pace, QB Brett Favre, OG Alan Faneca, RT Damien Woody, NT Kris Jenkins all were strong players coming into the team but were expensive and lasted about 1 or 2 good seasons before injury or age caught up with them. But due to big bonuses, a number of these players could not be cut. Add that to the team's own FA (CB Darelle Revis, LB David Harris, OC Nick Mangold, LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson) and now their salary cap is a wreck - probably worst in the league.

Top dollar free agents sell a team's future for its present. But eventually that bill will come due and must be paid. It's a bad plan for the long term.

Remember Jeff Posey.....we signed him @ 12:01 when FA started
    There are 3 steps to "Building Through the Draft"
    1. Draft
    2. Develop
    3. Retain

This will finally be our year!

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    Remember Jeff Posey.....we signed him @ 12:01 when FA started
    I'm still trying to forget that bum.Thank's for the reminder.
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

Just give me one quality starting LB, and one quality starting receiver, and I will be ecstatic. As for Posey, we played him out of position, and he didn't fit our system. (He played in a 3-4 Defense in Houston, and we plugged him into our 4-3 Defense). Another career killed in WNY.
    Last edited by EscapedfromNY; 01-26-2013 at 10:36 AM.

The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

I'm guessing the Bills won't be very aggressive in free agency this year. Why would they be?

You typically don't spend $100million on ONE GUY and then turn around and spend big the next offseason as well. Additionally, the Bills need to re-sign their OWN players. If they simply re-sign Byrd, Levitre, Moore, and McKelvin, I'll be happy. If they do all that AND sign a decent linebacker or cornerback, I'll be ecstatic.