View Poll Results: Forced to choose between the two, who would you go with?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Vick

64 28.96%
  • Alex Smith

157 71.04%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: If You HAD To Choose One: Mike Vick or Alex Smith?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    ^^^^^ Nails it.

Smith is not a castoff- he is victim of the cap as they cannot afford to pay two guys that kind of money (they will nail down Kaep pretty soon). Smith is limited but effective - he is the perfect QB for us - Marrone can work with him, he will have a great 0-line and running game - we just need to add one more weapon for him. He is not the QB of the future but certainly can be like a Dilfer or Johnson to hold us over until we can draft our Aaron Rodgers/Colin Kaepernick - he is good for 3 to 4 more years and we would be lucky to get 1 year out of Vick
    I hate when people use an imaginary understanding of a coach no one knows about to prove their point.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon View Post
    It's part of the culture, like bull fighting in South America. Or **** fights in Suburban/Rural America.Dog Fighting is big business in EVERY hood in the country. Only illegal because they can't tax it. This is Football, not Church! Vick is a gamer. I want the bills to win. **** them dogs!

You same people saying no to Vick because of dog fights, Would want Ben Rapelisberger in a heartbeat. I guess dogs are are more important than humans in this case.
    your train of thought is limited (best word I can use in this context).
    If you honestly believe dog fighting is a "sport" than I sincerely wish you find some other corner of the internet to haunt.
    If you think anything that resembles dog fighting is a regional issue that good ol' boys do and shouldn't be taken seriously, than I hope you don't expect your opinion to be taken seriously either.
    If you honestly think that just because it happens and people are aware of it we should all just relax and acept that people aren't perfect than perhaps you are so far out in left field that you will need a connector flight to reach the outskirts of sanity.

We all know that dog fighting exists.
    we also know that in some corners of the continental U.S grown men still wear sheets and want other races oppressed.
    We also know that in the U.S. there are people who would rather blow up people who don't agree with their idieology.

but it is the simpleton who keeps quiet that is just as guilty.
    If you want to believe dog fighting is just a bunch of rednecks getting their rocks off than go ahead.
    Me, I'm a little more evolved than that and I'm going say they are neandrathals who are in need of an ***-whoopin. and an express pass to the 20th century (not 21st as that would probly give them a heart attack - baby steps).

Mike Vick knows what he did was wrong because he was made to learn the lesson.
    people like you who want to compare crimes to belittle the lesser are the problem.

the man did a disgusting thing for many years and paid a hefty price.
    Charles manson was imprisoned in the seventies for murder but no one is in a hurry to clear his name.
    Roman Polanski has no defenders of his ethics...
    I'm constantly amazed at the Vick fans who can't understand that people are never going to forgive him for what he did.
    I don't care if he plays football for annother 10 years. that doesn't meen people are going to see him in a better light just because he went to prison.
    The court of the United States of America has been repaid by Vick but the court of public opinion is still looking for payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    OK, fine. You think Kaepernick sucks? That's fine, whatever you say, man.

And don't pull the straw man crap. I didn't say "proven star." Those are your words so don't put them in my mouth. I said he isn't an unproven rookie. And he isn't. He had absolutely proven he can play in the NFL at a very high level, which is why Harbaugh kept him in to see if he could maintain that level. Try responding to what people actually say rather than putting your words in my mouth next time.

P.S. How did you like it when I put words in your mouth in the first line of this post? Doesn't feel real good, does it?
    Wow dude, no need to start crying over a message board post, you contradict yourself, dude, you make no sence, when kapernick got the start over alex smith when alex smith was ready to play, kapernick was a ROOKIE who had only played in 2-3 games. how on earth is that a proven anything? wasnt fitzpatrick pretty good the first 3 weeks of 2011 season? did that mean he was a proven starter? no. what kapernick has done from that point on is irrelevent, point is, mr alex smith who is supposed to be such a stud qb in your eyes. got benched for a guy who did good in 2 games. he was a unproven rookie, a guy who only started 2 games, yet his coach trusted him more alex smith who has played in 80 games, 80 games vs 2 games, and coach went with kapernick. this is my point. not sure how well you follow the nfl, but it takes more than a few games to be considered proven, proven means a guy who has done it time in and time out, you can trust him and you know hes been through the fire and stood strong. so i didnt put anything in your mouth, you said kapernick was proven, how in the world have you proved anything after just 2 starts. come on dude. and as u stated i never stated kapernick sucked, he looks good so far, but it takes more than 11 games to earn my trust. lets see how he does next season. and just one last comment, i didnt "feel" anything when you put words in my mouth, this is a fun message board about the buffalo bills where people can share there meaningless opinions. its all in good fun, i dont know anyone on these boards personally. why on earth would i take anything personal or have anything anyone says on here actually upset me or cause me to "feel" pain. lol
    Last edited by dollabeal41; 02-07-2013 at 03:00 AM.

100% Alex Smith. Vick is a turnover machine in the 10 games he plays a season.

I know it is wishful thinking but I would love a Summer QB battle between Alex Smith, Chase Daniel, and a Rookie QB (haven't decided which yet)

Quote Originally Posted by dollabeal41 View Post
    Wow dude, no need to start crying over a message board post, you contradict yourself, dude, you make no sence, when kapernick got the start over alex smith when alex smith was ready to play, kapernick was a ROOKIE who had only played in 2-3 games. how on earth is that a proven anything? wasnt fitzpatrick pretty good the first 3 weeks of 2011 season? did that mean he was a proven starter? no. what kapernick has done from that point on is irrelevent, point is, mr alex smith who is supposed to be such a stud qb in your eyes. got benched for a guy who did good in 2 games. he was a unproven rookie, a guy who only started 2 games, yet his coach trusted him more alex smith who has played in 80 games, 80 games vs 2 games, and coach went with kapernick. this is my point. not sure how well you follow the nfl, but it takes more than a few games to be considered proven, proven means a guy who has done it time in and time out, you can trust him and you know hes been through the fire and stood strong. so i didnt put anything in your mouth, you said kapernick was proven, how in the world have you proved anything after just 2 starts. come on dude. and as u stated i never stated kapernick sucked, he looks good so far, but it takes more than 11 games to earn my trust. lets see how he does next season. and just one last comment, i didnt "feel" anything when you put words in my mouth, this is a fun message board about the buffalo bills where people can share there meaningless opinions. its all in good fun, i dont know anyone on these boards personally. why on earth would i take anything personal or have anything anyone says on here actually upset me or cause me to "feel" pain. lol

No offense, dude, but just looking at that post made my eyes hurt. You may have wonderful things to say, but I'm old-fashioned. I like sentences and paragraphs and stuff like that. Not interested in reading large chunks of text. But whatever, good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    No offense, dude, but just looking at that post made my eyes hurt. You may have wonderful things to say, but I'm old-fashioned. I like sentences and paragraphs and stuff like that. Not interested in reading large chunks of text. But whatever, good luck to you.
    ahh i see, i prove my point to be correct, your left with nothing to say but decide to attempt to insult me for the way I type? lol how old are you? you think i care if you dont like the way i type? im not gonna waste my time trying to make sure everything is correct, this isnt a dang essay. its a message board, i communicated my point, thats all that matters. geesh. if you go around being a grammer teacher to every post, you must have a lot of free time on your hands. lol

Smith, Vick is one concussion short of serious problems