Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The only true framchise QB is Matt Barkley

Default The only true framchise QB is Matt Barkley

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I know there are a lot of people who think Barkley had a ton of talent around him at USC, but that's really not the case. His O-.line was terrible after Matt Kalil left early for the draft. His defense had a lot of nothing and didn't do much to help him win games. As far as Woods and Maze go imo Barkley is the one who turned them into top WR prospects not the other way around. Finally the talk of USC QB's not making it the the NFL is just a player by player basis. Leinheart wanted to be a star not a QB and Sanchez had only starred 19 games and wasn't ready for the NFL and imo anyone would take Palmer when he was in Cincinnati. I just don't think its fair to say he won't be a franchise QB cause of what school he went to. Barkley has been preparing his whole life to be an NFL QB, he was a 5 star recruit comming outta high school and was a 4 yr starter at a big name school who put up huge numbers. He is the only QB I want with the #8 pick, Geno Smith will be gone and Glennon, Wilson and Nassib I wouldn't touch with the 8th overall pick. If I'm Marrone I'm going with the QB who put up crazy numbers against me and my defense, a guy I could never stop and I guy I know very well from playing against, a guy who could start day one.....Matt Barkley!
    There are 3 steps to "Building Through the Draft"
    1. Draft
    2. Develop
    3. Retain

This will finally be our year!

Sorry, no matter how hard you try to convince the board, NO QUARTERBACK IN THIS DRAFT IS WORTH THE #8

NOBODY

You want Barley then Trade down to mid or late first round.....

Then I am with you dude.....

Define WORTH.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SLAMMER View Post
    Sorry, no matter how hard you try to convince the board, NO QUARTERBACK IN THIS DRAFT IS WORTH THE #8

NOBODY
    Speak for yourself SLAMMER. I agree with the OP. Barkley is going to be good. He has an unfair label attached to him because he had good receivers? Are you kidding me? Manziel had two all-world tackles on his team and no one busts his *** for that.

WORTH=

Impact Value ranked against the rest of the draftees

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Speak for yourself SLAMMER. I agree with the OP. Barkley is going to be good. He has an unfair label attached to him because he had good receivers? Are you kidding me? Manziel had two all-world tackles on his team and no one busts his *** for that.
    Fair enough but I am speaking for myself (lol)

Assuming his shoulder checks out, Barkley would be the best choice to run Marrone's WCO. He's an accurate passer with good football intelligence. So he very well could be the pick at #8.

I think Geno Smith will be considered there as well.

I can't see any other QB in this class really being considered.

Barkley is the guy i want most at 8

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Burp View Post
    Assuming his shoulder checks out, Barkley would be the best choice to run Marrone's WCO. He's an accurate passer with good football intelligence. So he very well could be the pick at #8.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I can honestly see KC and Arizona going with offensive linemen in the first. That would leave Smith, Barkley, or both available when we pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Burp View Post

Both could be gone by 8.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

I'm not necessarily advocating Barkley. I just think Marrone will find him a great fit for his offense. And a guy who can handle the pressure of being an NFL QB with all that entails.

I'd rather go defensive BPA at #8. Or even better, trade down.

After seeing the Senior Bowl, I think the only quarterbacks I could get excited about are Barkley and Geno Smith. The jury is still out on Tyler Wilson, but he didn't look too good today. Glennon had some bright spots today, but then he had a few plays that made you scratch your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jm2009 View Post
    Both could be gone by 8.
    I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened. Then there could be a QB drought until later in the first when the better teams might be looking for developmental guys who fit their system. Maybe Glennon to back up Big Ben in Pittsburgh. Running QB teams want to have backups who can also run for offensive continuity in case the start goes down. So Manuel as a backup QB for Seattle or San Francisco.

I read a lot about his intangibles but also about his noodle arm
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stuvian View Post
    I read a lot about his intangibles but also about his noodle arm
    Well then let me clear it up for you. HE DOESN'T HAVE A "NOODLE ARM"! Is that clear enough? People are just beating the guy up for no reason. His arm is plenty good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Well then let me clear it up for you. HE DOESN'T HAVE A "NOODLE ARM"! Is that clear enough? People are just beating the guy up for no reason. His arm is plenty good enough.
    show don't tell. Post clips
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by stuvian View Post
    show don't tell. Post clips
    YOUTUBE
    2012 USC vs. OREGON

13 Minutes that has everything.

40 yard TD Pass (in the air)
    80 Yard TD Pass (ball in air 18 to opposing 25 yard line)

Short passes, touch passes, bubble screens, interceptions.

Everything.

Latest Mock.....Something is missing from the first round again.....Gee, could it be quarterbacks ???

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...pickId=2539272

I like any QB the Bills take so long as its in the 1st or 2nd round..there may not be an RG3 or Luck in this draft but even if there was we wouldn't be in a position to get that QB anyway...there are Tannehills, Dalton's, Kapernicks, Wilson's, Ponders, Gabberts and Lockers in this draft. There are guys that are better prospects than those guys in this draft.

Barkley to me is the best of the bunch, Geno and Wilson are right there with them. One of those guys (possibly all three) will be there and I can certainly see the Bills taking one. But yeah I have had to choose one of the 3, Barkley would be my top choice

I think there could be upwards of 3-4 elite QBs that come from this draft. The potential is there, it will just take time. In terms of pro-ready though, I would agree that Barkley is the most pro ready in this draft. However, I think both Geno smith and Mike Glennon have higher ceilings. With that said the Bills would do well to get their hands on any one of the top 5-6 prospects be it to start or to develop.
    Sports