Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't draft a QB this year

Default Don't draft a QB this year

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

It will set us back because there is no good QB's this year. This franchise loves sticking around quarterbacks that's obviously are not going to do anything. From watching the senior bowl nassib sucks, I watched Barkley and Glennon and were not impressed. Get alex smith for a year or two and then get a QB when the time is right.

Sorry auto correct

JP Losman would be considered #1 overall pick material with this draft class.

We really should draft a QB this year but there clearly isn't a QB worthy of a top 10 selection. I think the real value at the position starts in the third round. EJ Manual is a 3-4 on many draft boards but he's potentially as good as Geno Smith. We take Mingo 1st, Tyler Eifert 2nd and Manual 3rd. Not that they would all be there but that draft looks 1000 times better than Nassib, fourth best LB, Justin Pugh.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

Yeah sure lets just keep avoiding drafting one, we got the Fitz.. superbowl here we come

TEDDY BRIDGEWATER in 2014.

Like I said in the other thread. I'm done with the prospects in this draft class. I want Geno but it's unrealistic that he'll be there at 8. Tyler Wilson & Nassib was on my list along with Barkley but none of them has shown me anything great that they can start for my team. Just bring in MIKE VICK & ALEX SMITH TO COMPETE AGAINST FITZ! oh...bring back Tavaris Jackson too...wouldn't hurt. Let's just have a 4 way competition for the QB spot....& may the best man win. Draft a guy next year....Nix blew it the past 2 drafts!

The Bills should draft one every year until they find a keeper. Worst case scenario they draft a guy this year that becomes a career back-up. The number 8 pick will come cheaper than most experienced NFL back-ups.

I hope Buddy understands that Marrone will not have much success with Chan's failed QB.
    Playoffs in 2014!

A few novels short of a full bookcase....

Bottom line is that many here said the same thing last year, wait til this year to draft our franchise QB, look how that turned out. We have to hope that when we do draft a QB this year, our scouts and FO hit a homerun and get a QB that fits our system. Some QB's get drafted and go to a team where the fit isn't there and fail while others get selected and put in the right situation and succeed. We have to hope we get the guy that fits our team. We are drafting a QB this draft, no doubt in my mind. We have no other alternative but to hope our scouts and FO find the right guy for our team.
    2014 Draft *Traded with Cleveland for #4 overall. We gave up #9, next years 1st round pick and 4th round pick.

RD 1) #4 SAMMY WATKINS WR CLEMSON
    RD 2) #41 CYRUS KOUANDJIO OT ALABAMA
    RD 3) #71 PRESTON BROWN ILB LOUISVILLE
    RD 4) #109 ROSS COCKRELL CB DUKE
    RD 5) #149 TRADED
    RD 5) #153 CYRIL RICHARDSON OG BAYLOR
    RD 6) TRADED
    RD 7) #221 RANDELL JOHNSON OLB FLORIDA ATLANTIC
    RD 7) #237 SEANTREL HENDERSON OT MIAMI

I agree with havoc. It worked for the panthers. If one works out great whether it's this year or next

I Am Legend has also made a good point. The Bills have said next year will be the year for three straight seasons (under Nix). During that time a number of teams have changed their fortune with franchise caliber QBs.

Cincy, Seattle, and San Fran didn't have to use a first round pick. Time for the Bills to figure this out.
    Playoffs in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Legend View Post
    Bottom line is that many here said the same thing last year, wait til this year to draft our franchise QB, look how that turned out. We have to hope that when we do draft a QB this year, our scouts and FO hit a homerun and get a QB that fits our system. Some QB's get drafted and go to a team where the fit isn't there and fail while others get selected and put in the right situation and succeed. We have to hope we get the guy that fits our team. We are drafting a QB this draft, no doubt in my mind. We have no other alternative but to hope our scouts and FO find the right guy for our team.
    This was well put Legend. I myself isn't excited anymore with this class but I know we're going to draft someone out this class. & we'll most likely go with the right fit like you said. That is what honestly scares me. What if that fit is Nassib? Man, I too hope OBD did their homework....cause I like what Marrone has put together as a staff so far.

Alex Smith lol. Get a clue please.

Quote Originally Posted by dogg View Post
    Alex Smith lol. Get a clue please.
    Don't think you have one. I would take Alex Smith (who i'm not a fan of) over anything at the QB position in this draft. Plus I named 2 other people other then Alex Smith, I also mention Vick, & keep Tavaris Jackson, & have a 4 way competition for our QB spot. Heck draft somebody in the 3rd round to add to the competition. I don't want to throw all my eggs in one basket that one of these QB prospects pan out. If one does great! If not, well at least we'll have 4 vets that can compete forbthe job.

If Barkley or SMith is there at 8 you take them I think. I want to get Alex Smith and then draft EJ Manuel or something in the 4th

The key is management can't be dumb and needs to know when to cut bait when the QB flops, even if the guy has only played 8 games. Sometimes you just know it isn't going to work out. But is OBD capable of that?

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    JP Losman would be considered #1 overall pick material with this draft class.
    1.The Bills were in dire need of a QB and chose to draft one as opposed to FA.
    Look at that draft and tell me which QB we should have drafted.

We may have missed on Losman but he was the only choice to make.

Sammy Watkins is going to be ROTY.
    And sig this.... Watkins will set the Bears on their ears opening day. 120 yds, 2 TD's and a return for TD.

right because you know none of these kids will be good. okay.
    go bills
    go sabres
    go knicks
    go sox

steve johnson is our future star
    Fred jackson is my adopted player this year!!
    freddie freddie!!
    should change my username but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingThatShouldNotBe View Post
    The key is management can't be dumb and needs to know when to cut bait when the QB flops, even if the guy has only played 8 games. Sometimes you just know it isn't going to work out. But is OBD capable of that?
    I don't think we atre looking at the same OBD toady as back in the J.P./ Trent era.
    They wanted a top NCAA coach, interviewed the top two options and when the concensus #1 hesitated OBD signed the #2.
    I believe we will see the same mentality from them in how they address the QB issue.

No retreads. no messing around. find your guy and make it happen quick.

Sammy Watkins is going to be ROTY.
    And sig this.... Watkins will set the Bears on their ears opening day. 120 yds, 2 TD's and a return for TD.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal1010 View Post
    TEDDY BRIDGEWATER in 2014.
    So you're saying we'll have the first or second overall pick in 2014? Some fan you are...