Thread: Dion Jordan?

Default Dion Jordan?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

would anyone get rid of Anderson and Jordan in the 1st?

Jordan is a better cover guy than pass rusher. Reminds me a bit of Manny Lawson.

Most scouts consider him the best DE in the draft and he can cover TE and slot recievers....people are comparing him to Aldon Smith

Him or Ansah would be good picks for us.

I will be hoping for a LB with that pick...one that can also get after the QB.
    Quote from FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills "Signing Mario Williams to a 100 million dollar deal would be the biggest mistake in Bills franchise history."

Quote from Kingtut420 "Somewhere a small child gets eaten by wild lions every time mykidsdad posts on this message board."

he's my dark horse at 8
    New Era Begins- 9/8/13
    RIP Ralph
    2013 Adopt-a-Bill-Ron Brooks
    2014 Adopt-A-Bill- Aaron Williams

We are loud and proud.
    We are loyal and compassionate.
    We fight each other in good times and hug each other when times are tough.
    We donít care what the rest of the world thinks of us.
    We will never shut up, give up, or let up.
    We will persevere.
    We ARE True Grit.
    #BillsMafia

At 6'6" he's freakish in coverage. He's the first of his breed, tall, long and can turn his hips and run with anyone.

He may develop into a pass rusher, but at this point he's very inconsistent because he's only played D for 3 years.

I think he's a real prospect in a 4-3 as a SAM or a Will. Obviously the height to match up vs. TE or the agility to play more coverage as a Will.

The way I see it he will be horrible setting the edge vs. the run and is not a fit in a 3-4(OLB) because of that. For the same reason he's out as a 3 down DE.

With Mario and Moore he fits shockingly well in our 4-3/46 D. He needs that extra help vs. the run game. Develop his pass rushing skills and he can be a 3rd down rush DE for Moore.

Best thing about the Jordan pick is no more Bryan Scott getting destroyed in the run game.

Favorite match-up I'd like to see is Jordan vs. Welker with safety help on long crossing routes. I'd like to see Welker get off the line and into a quick inside screen with a LB that has a 1' height advantage, 2' wing span advantage and Jordan will run in the 4.5's.

Quote Originally Posted by jk32 View Post
    At 6'6" he's freakish in coverage. He's the first of his breed, tall, long and can turn his hips and run with anyone.

He may develop into a pass rusher, but at this point he's very inconsistent because he's only played D for 3 years.

I think he's a real prospect in a 4-3 as a SAM or a Will. Obviously the height to match up vs. TE or the agility to play more coverage as a Will.

The way I see it he will be horrible setting the edge vs. the run and is not a fit in a 3-4(OLB) because of that. For the same reason he's out as a 3 down DE.

With Mario and Moore he fits shockingly well in our 4-3/46 D. He needs that extra help vs. the run game. Develop his pass rushing skills and he can be a 3rd down rush DE for Moore.

Best thing about the Jordan pick is no more Bryan Scott getting destroyed in the run game.

Favorite match-up I'd like to see is Jordan vs. Welker with safety help on long crossing routes. I'd like to see Welker get off the line and into a quick inside screen with a LB that has a 1' height advantage, 2' wing span advantage and Jordan will run in the 4.5's.
    why do you think he wouldnt be good setting the edge against the run? he is considered one of the best run stoppers in this draft