Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim and Jill Kelly on Fox News

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Unfortunately the choice may be watching slanted news or sticking your head in the sand and remaining totally ignorant of what's going on in the world.
    Or you could use literacy and use something called the internet and actually read and look up facts instead of just believing what you are told by some talking head who actually have no idea when it comes to economics, finance, accounting, etc.

Liberals and Republicans are both generally pretty ignorant. If you can't formulate your own opinion without first getting the blessing from your political party, then I pity you. Watch liberal and Republican media objectively and observe all of the BS and bias. If you can't see it, then you shouldn't watch. Don't let the media sway your opinion if you refuse to have your own. Society is better off without you. This goes the same for people reading ESPN, ProFootballTalk, and Bleacher Report. Don't ever formulate an opinion without being skeptical and independent.

so about that interview...

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Liberals and Republicans are both generally pretty ignorant. If you can't formulate your own opinion without first getting the blessing from your political party, then I pity you. Watch liberal and Republican media objectively and observe all of the BS and bias. If you can't see it, then you shouldn't watch. Don't let the media sway your opinion if you refuse to have your own. Society is better off without you. This goes the same for people reading ESPN, ProFootballTalk, and Bleacher Report. Don't ever formulate an opinion without being skeptical and independent.
    Perfectly said. This post should be stickied. I guess it isn't football relevant but again very well said.

Lol fox "news". Seriously, it may not be liberal, but it doesn't make what they say any less false. Absolutely aweful stuff on that channel. But what can you say about a channel whose most popular show is the one starring (as john stewert so elegently worded it) The Mayor of Bull**** Mountain (Bill Oreilly). Seriously instead of watching that garbage try doing a little bit of research yourself. And I'm not supporting CNN either. I'm an equal opportunity hater. CNN also sucks.

As to the kelley interview, nothing interesting or ground breaking. The same garbage Fox news always pumps out.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
    Lol fox "news". Seriously, it may not be liberal, but it doesn't make what they say any less false. Absolutely aweful stuff on that channel. But what can you say about a channel whose most popular show is the one starring (as john stewert so elegently worded it) The Mayor of Bull**** Mountain (Bill Oreilly). Seriously instead of watching that garbage try doing a little bit of research yourself. And I'm not supporting CNN either. I'm an equal opportunity hater. CNN also sucks.

As to the kelley interview, nothing interesting or ground breaking. The same garbage Fox news always pumps out.
    You cite a joker like Jon Stewart and joke on the guy that was allowed to have an exclusive Super Bowl sunday interview with Obama (Obama's has done well to limit who asks him questions from the news) I don't watch anything now as I completely got rid of cable and I am happy about it but you are missing half the story if you aren't watching Fox News. Watch both use your own judgement but quite a few news sources go very easy on Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    You cite a joker like Jon Stewart and joke on the guy that was allowed to have an exclusive Super Bowl sunday interview with Obama (Obama's has done well to limit who asks him questions from the news) I don't watch anything now as I completely got rid of cable and I am happy about it but you are missing half the story if you aren't watching Fox News. Watch both use your own judgement but quite a few news sources go very easy on Obama.
    Stewart has had Obama on his SHOW. And a comedy show of all things. And more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    I don't generally watch the big news stations, I generally do more reading of news, use multiple sources and make my own decision on what I think, instead of the believe what I believe or your stupid approach by oreilly. I'm not quoting stewart for his ability to deliver news I'm quoting him because the nickname he game oreilly is funny and true. The dude is a former national enquirer reporter. He's a clown dressed up in a suit. All he's got is conspiracy theories, and he uses them to extract money from the weakminded and gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by *TT* View Post
    Stewart has had Obama on his SHOW. And a comedy show of all things. And more than once.
    He also outdebated Oreilly about this past election. Badly. By the way mayor of bull**** mountain was a nickname he game oreilly to his face.

interesting thread.

Quote Originally Posted by noah View Post
    Shouldn't news be neutral? Watching a channel that is slanted in the opposite direction is just as bad.
    (in before the lock)
    Yes, news should be neutral however no one in the liberal media knows the definition of neutral. And before you attack Fox News, they at least make the attempt to be neutral. They aren't always successful but they do a MUCH better job at it than the network news does IMO.
    11/6/12-The day the music died.

Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsNoDog View Post
    Fox is the only place you'll get non-liberal slanted news. The mainstream media is a liberal mouthpiece as well. I'll continue to watch Fox and probably switch to CNN when a Repub gets in office, if that ever happens again.
    that's because liberals represent human beings, and far right wing conservatism is just ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by xboomer View Post
    Yes, news should be neutral however no one in the liberal media knows the definition of neutral. And before you attack Fox News, they at least make the attempt to be neutral. They aren't always successful but they do a MUCH better job at it than the network news does IMO.

LMFAO...
    Trolling the Trolls

Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa

Quote Originally Posted by xboomer View Post
    There is a difference between claiming to be neutral and actually attempting it.

NPR is the only news source that I know of that runs on publicly donated funds, and because of that is the least likely to push an agenda and report unbiased and truthful news.

The Wall Street Journal just points out facts in business, you then get to form your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by noah View Post
    Shouldn't news be neutral? Watching a channel that is slanted in the opposite direction is just as bad.
    (in before the lock)
    what channel has news that isn't bias? i try to switch back and forth between CNN and fox news, that way I think I get the liberal point of view and the conservative point of view. The only problem that I have with FOX news is the "Fair and Balanced" theme that they try to have. They are a conservative point of view and should just state it, but the same could be said about CNN i guess just a liberal point of view
    get fitz some weapons and he will be a pro bowl QB

Quote Originally Posted by Hingle McCringleberry View Post
    NPR is the only news source that I know of that runs on publicly donated funds, and because of that is the least likely to push an agenda and report unbiased and truthful news.
    i will second this, NPR will actually have people on from both sides of an issue and ask both tough but fair questions
    get fitz some weapons and he will be a pro bowl QB

Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsNoDog View Post
    Fox is the only place you'll get non-liberal slanted news. The mainstream media is a liberal mouthpiece as well. I'll continue to watch Fox and probably switch to CNN when a Repub gets in office, if that ever happens again.
    Hah! Keep on breathing in that Foxygen bud.

Political discussion is not allowed on the Buffalo Bills Message Board.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    note to self, never fly with jimbo if you want to have luck enough to actually get to where you're going.