Thread: Could we afford Greg Jennings n re-singing our players???

Default Could we afford Greg Jennings n re-singing our players???

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

With the reports that Jennings is as good as gone I wanted to see what everyone thinks he'd cost especially to get him to come to Buffalo? He is 29 and has some injury concerns but has been a top 10 wideout for a long time and could provide a rookie signal caller a solid veteran weapon.

Say we sign Levitre to 5yrs 40mil and franchise Byrd at 6.8mil with some of the others we re-sign would we have the cap space to pay his around 7-9mil per season???

He is going to command some serious cash... If we are going to put up that much for a WR, I would make a run at Wallace (younger and faster... more upside at this point).

Make that splash and then add FAs that are mid-low level as needed.
    Hopelessly devastated Bills fan.

Could we, yes. Do we want to is the key.

Currently we have $20 million before cuts.

Your plan has 15 million in Byrd/Levitre, so adding Jennings at $8 million finishes the rest of the cap money, plus some of the "cut" money.

You now have to roughly save 4-5 million for your draft picks, so your money is gone.

With those 6 picks, you need to get atleast 1 qb, maybe a LB or 2, 1 or 2 DBs, and DL & OL depth, because they have now let McKelvin, McGee, Moore, Kelsey, Merriman, Rinehart and others go.
    2013 Adopt a Bill---Chris Hairston

The National Football Post's Dan Pompei has been told by league sources that impending free agent Greg Jennings isn't expected to be a hot commodity on the open market.
    The reasoning? "First, they believe Jennings won't produce as much without Aaron Rodgers throwing to him, and without Mike McCarthy drawing up plays for him. And secondly, he is 29 years old," writes Pompei. Jennings shouldn't approach the five years and $55 million that Vincent Jackson received last offseason, but he shouldn't struggle to find some team to pay top dollar after his strong finish to the 2012 season.

I think he can be had for a reasonable ammount. Also as i said in the other Jennings thread, how about making a play for Jennings and Matt Flynn? A QB who knows Jennings, throw in Steve Fred and Spiller..not too bad.

Of the three possible big WR's (Bowe, Wallace and Jennings) he will most likely receive the least of the three...instead of him making say $8-9 million per year he's likely going to make about what Meachem made.

I think he'd be a solid addition an would like to add him and then either another WR or TE through the draft...If the Bills can get Alex Smith it would be smart to give him Jennings and Stevie as weapons

I'd rather not spend the extra money it would take to bring him here as opposed to the average deal he would consider to be a Patriot.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

Quote Originally Posted by cdub_bills_12 View Post
    He is going to command some serious cash... If we are going to put up that much for a WR, I would make a run at Wallace (younger and faster... more upside at this point).

Make that splash and then add FAs that are mid-low level as needed.
    Agree 100%.
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Moss will be cheap for 1 season..

I honestly dont want Jennings....