Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do whatever it takes to get Barkley

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I saw this on twitter this morning i am astonished no one else has posted this or even discussed it......pretty significant if you ask me!

@OptimumScoutin: Hmm. RT @ckparro Four months ago Doug Marrone said that if Barkley had come out in the 2012 he'd have been the top QB, not Luck or RG3.

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Geno Smith is nowhere near as fast as those guys.
    They both are better passers as well - don't think Geno is the next guy to set the league on fire - I think he struggles unless in the right situation.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Geno Smith is nowhere near as fast as those guys.
    Geno is close to Kaep (.04) ut I'll give you RG3......

Quote Originally Posted by jhanley2020 View Post
    I saw this on twitter this morning i am astonished no one else has posted this or even discussed it......pretty significant if you ask me!

@OptimumScoutin: Hmm. RT @ckparro Four months ago Doug Marrone said that if Barkley had come out in the 2012 he'd have been the top QB, not Luck or RG3.

To justify drafting Barkley in the 1st round, you basically need to forget that his Senior year ever happened. Based on his performance this year...if he played for a Big East team or a Conference USA team, we'd be talking about him being drafted in the 4th or 5th round. His size is an issue, his arm is an issue, his decision making is an issue and he's not mobile. The biggest concern is his drop in production as a senior. He had more weapons to work with than the Bills currently have on their roster. He has more red flags then any other QB in the draft. Barkley behind a suspect OL and with limited weapons at the WR and TE positions would be nothing short of a disaster.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SaviorEdwards
    It's called lip service - the job is Edwards and it's his job to lose.

Chris Brown:
    Trent's not quoted because the answer he gave to the question didn't answer the question. You're reading way too much into what isn't here than what is.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleNiceGeorge View Post
    To justify drafting Barkley in the 1st round, you basically need to forget that his Senior year ever happened. Based on his performance this year...if he played for a Big East team or a Conference USA team, we'd be talking about him being drafted in the 4th or 5th round. His size is an issue, his arm is an issue, his decision making is an issue and he's not mobile. The biggest concern is his drop in production as a senior. He had more weapons to work with than the Bills currently have on their roster. He has more red flags then any other QB in the draft. Barkley behind a suspect OL and with limited weapons at the WR and TE positions would be nothing short of a disaster.
    I agree with everything here except the last sentence.

I think Barkley will have a long career in the NFL; I just don't think he's got the skill set to ever be a top 10 passer. Talent simply isn't there...

In response to Marrone's tweet....No way he's drafted before Luck. There's not one area (arm strength, mobility, decision making, etc.) that Barkley is better at than Luck, not even the 2011 version of Barkley.
    Quote:

Chris Brown:
    Trent's not quoted because the answer he gave to the question didn't answer the question. You're reading way too much into what isn't here than what is.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    I agree with everything here except the last sentence.

I think Barkley will have a long career in the NFL; I just don't think he's got the skill set to ever be a top 10 passer. Talent simply isn't there...
    I don't disagree, I think he could have a career similar to Matt Schaub or Jake Delhomme. In the right situation with some talent around him, he could be a productive QB for a long time. I just don't see him as a QB that's going to take a team to the next level by himself. He's always going to need superior talent around him.
    Quote:

Chris Brown:

I don't disagree, I think he could have a career similar to Matt Schaub or Jake Delhomme. In the right situation with some talent around him, he could be a productive QB for a long time. I just don't see him as a QB that's going to take a team to the next level by himself. He's always going to need superior talent around him.
    I agree.

If you evaluate him, there's nothing elite about him whatsoever from a physical perspective relative to other successful NFL QBs.

Arm - C
    Accuracy - B
    Mobility - D
    Size - B
    Intangibles - A+

Barkley as a prospect is only projected highly because of his intangibles. In terms or raw athleticism and ability as a passer, the talent isn't there like it is with other elite QBs. He doesn't have a great arm, he isn't the most accurate, he has zero mobility and he's only got adequate size.

To be an elite QB in the NFL you need elite passing skills, and I don't think Barkley has them. However, as a pure field general, I think he can be successful but there's limited upside.

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    I agree.

If you evaluate him, there's nothing elite about him whatsoever from a physical perspective relative to other successful NFL QBs.

Arm - B
    Accuracy - B+/A-
    Mobility - C+
    Size - B
    Intangibles - A+
    There, I fixed your grading of him. While I agree that nothing else is elite, intangibles are the most important trait as long as everything else is at least adequate.

Posters need to quit the notion that Barkley has anything less than a good arm... since C is average, that boosts him up to a B. He can make all the throws. He can throw the ball accurately nearly 60 yards down the field and has done so in actual game-situations... several of them.

His accuracy is also very good, bringing him up to a B+. Yes, he played in a West Coast system asking for lots of screens and short passes, but when asked to throw it beyond that, if you look at him over his 4 years, he does it well on a consistent basis.

And what's with a D for mobility? He's not a runner, but he's not a Glennon either. He's able to move around in the pocket and can move if he has to. Is your rating of "mobility" based on a scale for a running back or a Quarterback?

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    There, I fixed your grading of him. While I agree that nothing else is elite, intangibles are the most important trait as long as everything else is at least adequate.

Posters need to quit the notion that Barkley has anything less than a good arm... since C is average, that boosts him up to a B. He can make all the throws. He can throw the ball accurately nearly 60 yards down the field and has done so in actual game-situations... several of them.

His accuracy is also very good, bringing him up to a B+. Yes, he played in a West Coast system asking for lots of screens and short passes, but when asked to throw it beyond that, if you look at him over his 4 years, he does it well on a consistent basis.

And what's with a D for mobility? He's not a runner, but he's not a Glennon either. He's able to move around in the pocket and can move if he has to. Is your rating of "mobility" based on a scale for a running back or a Quarterback?

Much more realistic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    They both are better passers as well - don't think Geno is the next guy to set the league on fire - I think he struggles unless in the right situation.
    Totally. I didn't even touch that point yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    Geno is close to Kaep (.04) ut I'll give you RG3......
    Kaepernick ran a 4.53 at the combine. I bet Geno runs no better than a 4.7.

Plus, Kaepernick is MUCH more agile and played in a pistol offense, where he ran almost as much as he passed. Geno Smith is not a running QB. Not even worth the debate.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    Much more realistic!
    Definitely more realistic.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Buffalo is the right situation...

Why do you think the Bill's O-Line is suspect? It has been steadily improving the last few years and we seem to have a solid LT. Re-sign Levitre and keep working on depth and I think we have a solid O-line for a new QB.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanley2020 View Post

Welp, this scares me a little bit that our new head coach thinks this.
    I may not go to church, but I pay for my sins by being a Buffalo Bills fan.

Some of you guys dont have a clue on what your talking about when it comes to Barkley the only reason most of you guys dont want him is because of what you hear from the so called experts the same ones who had russel wilson as a first round pick and kaepernic as well oh wait they didnt have those guys rated high cause they have no clue if they did russel would of went to miami and kaep would of went before ponder and locker.

Now when i hear people say Barkley has a weak arm its hilarious to me he can make passes down field 50-60 yards easily,Im tired of people thinking you have to throw the ball 80 yards to be a successful deep ball thrower its not true(Jamarcus Russel)Barkley has great footwork accuracy and he is a smart football player.Does he need to work on some things?sure what college player doesnt i mean Luck did not have that great of a season this year but people dont see that cause their blinded by the high praises he gets.

People keep sayin that Barkley had a down year this year but the kid still threw for over 3,000 yards and 30+ touchdowns with a bad oline and a sub-par run gm if thats a drop off then ill take that here anyday.Bottom line this kid can be special with the right team and coaches around him and i billieve we are that team and all you guys who are hoping we dont take him will be the same ones crying why didnt we take him if he has success else where.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    Much more realistic!
    dFT...do you think that if Barkley is there at 8 he is the choice for OBD regardless of the previous 7 picks? In short, is Barkley at the top of the Bills Board?
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." Joe Theisman

Quote Originally Posted by giff 01 View Post
    dFT...do you think that if Barkley is there at 8 he is the choice for OBD regardless of the previous 7 picks? In short, is Barkley at the top of the Bills Board?
    Sadly, I doubt Barkley's there at 8. I firmly believe he'll be the best QB in this draft, which is stronger than people suggest.

I hope that me saying that enough times actually helps to drop him to 8 somehow and I hope Nix is smart enough to draft him.

Watching all of his highlights which is a lot, my main concern is his velocity on the ball. He seems to loft 95% of his throws. My concern is the 10-20 yard routes he has to fire in there.