Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: * * Should the Bills pursue QB Tarvaris Jackson in the off season?

throwback * * Should the Bills pursue QB Tarvaris Jackson in the off season?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

As most fans know, Tarvaris Jackson only had one year left on his contract when the Bills traded for him. So his contract has expired and he is a FA free agent and no longer a Buffalo Bill (technically it happens on March 12th).

That being said, and since Thigpen is no longer a Bill either, should the Bills pursue Tarvaris Jackson to be a backup in 2013?

Would T-Jax even be interested since Chan didn't even give him the time of day for the entire season?

Lastly, since Coach Marrone is bringing in a new offense, is there any benefit to signing T-Jax or should we just go after some other camp arm to go along with Fitz and our rookie draft pick?

why would t-jax care about what chan did. chans gone and if we can sign t-jax for cheap i would say go ahead and do it.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2012:Zebrie Sanders Adopt-A-Bill 2013:Garrison Sanborn

I actually wouldn't mind that move. And it helps justify the 7th.

keep tjax, cut fitz. end of discussion.

both are backups now so done deal.

league min is all he deserves

With the shortage of QB's around the league he might become "more valuable" as the year goes on. Does anyone know his upside since he was never used last season ?? Bottom line, seems like the Bills would have moved on this before now if they thought he was worthy of a QB spot.

That is probably my biggest beef with Nix, he will waste late round picks.

Mike Jasper, Potter, trading for Jackson then never playing him.

I hate to know what talent we passed up in order to acquire these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    league min is all he deserves
    that's all fitz deserves, too

Quote Originally Posted by Plano View Post
    that's all fitz deserves, too
    Where and when did this thread become Fitz related ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

Nothing against Tarvaris, but if he comes back to the Bills after what Chan and Buddy did to him, he has zero sense of self worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    Where and when did this thread become Fitz related ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
    if theres a QB discussion, why wouldn't Fitz be brought up?

deal with it, and stop having such a man crush.

pickspatrick and pigpen must go, so signing t. jackson would be a very good deal and give him a fair shot at starting too !

Jackson failed as the Vikings starter when they were only a decent QB from being a playoff team.

Jackson failed as the Seahags starter when they had a pretty decent team, too -- they made the playoffs the year after Jackson was sent packing.

What would be the purpose of wasting time/money pursuing a QB who couldn't cut it on two teams that had much more talent at the time Jackson was with them than the Bills have now?

PS -- he won't sign for the league minimum.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

No.
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

If the off season and training camp determined the Super Bowl winners for that year.....the Dolphins would have 7 rings.

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    That is probably my biggest beef with Nix, he will waste late round picks.

Mike Jasper, Potter, trading for Jackson then never playing him.

I hate to know what talent we passed up in order to acquire these guys.
    Upon looking it up, there were about three diamonds in the rough out of a couple hundred UDFAs that we could have grabbed at the end of those rounds. And the names aren't exactly big. The best one is Chris Harris, cornerback for the Broncos.
    4-15-BUF 34

(4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post
    Jackson failed as the Vikings starter when they were only a decent QB from being a playoff team.

Jackson failed as the Seahags starter when they had a pretty decent team, too -- they made the playoffs the year after Jackson was sent packing.

What would be the purpose of wasting time/money pursuing a QB who couldn't cut it on two teams that had much more talent at the time Jackson was with them than the Bills have now?

PS -- he won't sign for the league minimum.
    That is what I was thinking as far as T-Jax's worth. Plus Buddy got to evaluate him for a whole year and yet did not approach him to re-sign him. That has to mean something.

Sigh. I guess we have just Fitz on the roster and we do need to find a 3rd QB. Matt Moore is a popular name. I wonder if Matt Moore would be a good mentor to a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    Upon looking it up, there were about three diamonds in the rough out of a couple hundred UDFAs that we could have grabbed at the end of those rounds. And the names aren't exactly big. The best one is Chris Harris, cornerback for the Broncos.
    The Best I could find in the 7th round after the Bills slot this past season was QBs Chandler Harnish and BJ Coleman. (although Audie Cole, LB went at the top of the 7th and he isn't too bad)

Remember, this guy was not even active for a single game last year. Essentially he was a waste of a roster spot. Was he that God awful? Did Chan simply not like him? Was it Buddy who really wanted him and Chan felt slighted because he was not involved in the trade talks to acquire him? With Chan gone, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Remember, this guy was not even active for a single game last year. Essentially he was a waste of a roster spot. Was he that God awful? Did Chan simply not like him? Was it Buddy who really wanted him and Chan felt slighted because he was not involved in the trade talks to acquire him? With Chan gone, it will be interesting to see what happens.
    I'm pretty the escalators in his contract had to do with him dressing for games.

So they left him third string all year in street clothes. They would have probably started him had Fitzpatrick been injured, but otherwise he was insurance all the way. A waste in hindsight.
    4-15-BUF 34

(4:46) (Shotgun) 14-A.Dalton pass deep middle to 11-D.Sanzenbacher to BUF 11 for 23 yards (35-J.Leonhard). Caught in coverage at BUF 15.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Expression View Post
    I'm pretty the escalators in his contract had to do with him dressing for games.

So they left him third string all year in street clothes. They would have probably started him had Fitzpatrick been injured, but otherwise he was insurance all the way. A waste in hindsight.
    I think that the Seahags picked up at least part of his salary which saved the Bills some $$. If Fitz had been injured, Jackson would have been better than anybody the Bills could have gotten off the street.
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10