Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do what ever it takes to get Alex Smith

Default Do what ever it takes to get Alex Smith

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

You guys can Play around with Rookies till the cows come home. (This is not an above average class of Quarterbacks) Yep, it actually sucks when you compare to recent years!!!

I will take the veteran (Retread) thank you!!!

Oh, bye the way, what is Payton Manning and Drew Brees again ???

RETREADS.....yep, thank you!

Not every retreat fails..........

-

-
    Last edited by THE SLAMMER; 01-31-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Alex Smith will give the Bills a better chance to win in 2013 than anyone in this draft class.

No way a rookie QB outperforms an 8 year vet...

Don't trade anything higher than a 4th round pick for him. I think he will most likely get released though

Quote Originally Posted by jrober38 View Post
    Alex Smith will give the Bills a better chance to win in 2013 than anyone in this draft class.

No way a rookie QB outperforms an 8 year vet...
    Thats what Russell Wilson, RG3 and Andrew Luck said...

I have to agree...I want Alex Smith on this roster too. Along with Tavaris Jackson & whatever rookie QB we draft. We need somebody for the future. If we can get Barkley, Wilson, Nassib, in the 2nd....or like a Landry Jones in the 3rd or 4th...& groom them right. We should be cool at QB with Alex Smith starting & the rookie taking over in 2-3yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by bs78 View Post
    You telling me there's a Luck or RGIII in this draft class?

LOL

In my opinion the only way he goes to Buffalo is if they are committed to him for the next 3-4 years. He's not going to want to go somewhere and be replaced like he was in San Fran and if Buffalo is planning on drafting a quarterback this year or next year, could likely be a deterrent to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bs78 View Post
    Wait, when did they say that?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    In my opinion the only way he goes to Buffalo is if they are committed to him for the next 3-4 years. He's not going to want to go somewhere and be replaced like he was in San Fran and if Buffalo is planning on drafting a quarterback this year or next year, could likely be a deterrent to him.
    He doesn't have too many choices, and I don't see any team committing to him for 3-4 years without seeing him prove it. It's not like he's Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo86 View Post
    He doesn't have too many choices, and I don't see any team committing to him for 3-4 years without seeing him prove it. It's not like he's Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    A quarter of the NFL is in the market for a quarterback this year, he's probably going to find the team who wants to invest the most in him. He's still young and I'm sure he's going to want to be a starter for the next couple years, not go somewhere and be replaced by a rookie quarterback in a year or two.

I thought Buffalo fans wanted a franchise QB.....I guess not.
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

Im up for getting Smith and then drafting a guy like Manuel who is the poster child for boom or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post

But that's more then enough reason to do whatever it takes to get him. He's a better Fitz, with much more confidence in his arm. Heck, we could compete for an AFC title or win it with Alex smith. Any QB we draft is no way near the talent level of that 2010 & 2011 class...sad, but true. I think Glennon, Smith, Barkley, Nassib & Wilson can all turn out to be good maybe great QB's BUT NOT NOW LOL. Their going to need time...their not good enough to start their 1st maybe 2nd year. Their game is a little behind compared to the like of Cam, Kaprenick, Luck, Russell, RG3...& maybe even Dalton. Most of it Depends on where there drafted & the situation(like a PATIENT COACH THAT WON'T RUSH THEIR DEVELOPMENT).

Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    Im up for getting Smith and then drafting a guy like Manuel who is the poster child for boom or bust.
    It's crazy....BUT I LIKE IT LOL

Did someone just try to make a comparison of Alex Smith to Peyton Manning and Drew Brees?

Two guys who have set QB records, went to many pro bowls, and earned Super Bowl MVPs?

I don't remember the Slammer being this bad of a poster.
    I just don't give a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Did someone just try to make a comparison of Alex Smith to Peyton Manning and Drew Brees?

Two guys who have set QB records, went to many pro bowls, and earned Super Bowl MVPs?

Heck, it's the 1st post I ever agreed with the Slammer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

& he never compared them, just their free agency situation (being a retread).

No one likes Matt Flynn I dont care any hand is better then a 10 Million invisible crunch time Qb.

Alex Smith sinks this franchise, plain and simple, Bills fans can't handle another failure that would be doing the same thing we've been doing over and over and over again, which is aquiring garbage washed up QBs and slapping a "franchise" lable on them.

Meanwhile, teams take risks despite all the message board "experts", and will manage to get a 10 year franchise QB or two out of this draft and we Bills fans as a whole will get exactly what we deserve 3 years from now, 3/4 of every post on this message board and callers on talk radio calling for Alex Smith to be cut and Doug Marrone to be fired.

Shame on you fans that would give the Bills support for making another franchise killing dumb move just because it's the "easy" thing to do and sell you tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio83 View Post
    & he never compared them, just their free agency situation (being a retread).
    Yes, but retread normally has a negative annotation around it. It can pertain to Alex Smith because his tread will be worn out as soon as he gets on another team.

But Peyton and Drew? As CC says... COME ON MAN!
    I just don't give a stink.