Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Do what ever it takes to get Alex Smith

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    THE Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    30,217

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Can the mods do what ever it takes to de-activate The Slammer's account?
    These words were written:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Lets the Browns or the Cards make the mistake this time, let us do the right thing and roll the dice on the best rookie QB we can come up with. The experts that say this is a bad draft class for QB know just about zero, remember Jamarcus Russell has a chance to be the "best ever" and the Vince Young, Matt Lienhart draft was on par with the Elway, Kelly, Marino one.

    Alex Smith does one of 3 things...

    1) Is the best QB that the Bills have had in over a decade and is the unquestioned franchise QB of our future

    2) Will ruin whatever rookie QB that we draft by putting our coaches in a Losman/Holcomb situation (in and out) and in this scenario you lose 2 draft picks, 1 on the rookie and one on Smith and you are looking to cut one at the end of the season

    3) Will start for all of 2013 playing poorly enough that we have to draft a QB in next seasons draft, setting the franchise back another year of misery.

    What in Alex Smith's disastrous career makes any sane human being believe that choice number 1 is the most likely outcome

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio83 View Post
    & he never compared them, just their free agency situation (being a retread).
    So according to that logic there are probably 500:1 failure vs success with your "retread QBs"

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LawFirm12 View Post
    I thought Buffalo fans wanted a franchise QB.....I guess not.
    there has to be one for the team to get...but I guess common sense isnt important to you

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeneBlitz View Post
    Lets the Browns or the Cards make the mistake this time, let us do the right thing and roll the dice on the best rookie QB we can come up with. The experts that say this is a bad draft class for QB know just about zero, remember Jamarcus Russell has a chance to be the "best ever" and the Vince Young, Matt Lienhart draft was on par with the Elway, Kelly, Marino one.

    Alex Smith does one of 3 things...

    1) Is the best QB that the Bills have had in over a decade and is the unquestioned franchise QB of our future

    2) Will ruin whatever rookie QB that we draft by putting our coaches in a Losman/Holcomb situation (in and out) and in this scenario you lose 2 draft picks, 1 on the rookie and one on Smith and you are looking to cut one at the end of the season

    3) Will start for all of 2013 playing poorly enough that we have to draft a QB in next seasons draft, setting the franchise back another year of misery.

    What in Alex Smith's disastrous career makes any sane human being believe that choice number 1 is the most likely outcome
    What "disastrous" career are you refering to? the one that has gotten better every year? The one that was the best in the NFL before a 2012 injury? Maybe I'm missing something...or maybe you are

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.E. Idaho
    Posts
    7,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    Can the mods do what ever it takes to de-activate The Slammer's account?
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

    Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    What "disastrous" career are you refering to? the one that has gotten better every year? The one that was the best in the NFL before a 2012 injury? Maybe I'm missing something...or maybe you are
    haha, every single coach that Alex Smiths ever had at San Fransisco has tried to draft or bring in a replacement F/A QB, that speak volumes to what type of failed career he's had and what his coaches think of his potential, again, another teams garbage, he fits the definition to a Tee.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, NY
    Posts
    8,855

    Default

    Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Att Yds TD
    2005 San Francisco 49ers 9 40.8 165 84 50.9 875 1 11 30 103 0
    2006 San Francisco 49ers 16 74.8 442 257 58.1 2890 16 16 44 147 2
    2007 San Francisco 49ers 7 57.2 193 94 48.7 914 2 4 13 89 0
    2008 San Francisco 49ers 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    2009 San Francisco 49ers 11 81.5 372 225 60.5 2350 18 12 24 51 0
    2010 San Francisco 49ers 11 82.1 342 204 59.6 2370 14 10 18 60 0
    2011 San Francisco 49ers 16 90.7 445 273 61.3 3144 17 5 52 179 2
    2012 San Francisco 49ers 10 104.1 218 153 70.2 1737 13 5 31 132 0
    Totals 80 79.1 2177 1290 59.3 14,280 81 63 212 761 4

    Here you go guys, this is your "franchise" QB, almost to funny that Bills fans really want this guy, too bad he doesn't come with the SF 2011/2012 defense. Why not just bring back JP Losman and Trent Edwards while were at it, they actually had better careers as a whole.

  9. #29

    Default

    Slammer, I can't believe it took me this long to figure out you were a troll... or have you just grown bored of serious posts and just enjoy posting the ridiculous now?

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE SLAMMER View Post
    You guys can Play around with Rookies till the cows come home. (This is not an above average class of Quarterbacks) Yep, it sucks!!!

    I will take the veteran (Retread) thank you!!!

    Oh, bye the way, what is Payton Manning and Drew Brees again ???

    RETREADS.....yep, thank you!
    I co-sign with this one.
    2013 Buffalo Bills Football! Nothing gets better than driving up to the Ralph,the smell of Charcoal at 8am on a gameday morning, and of course WINNING!


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ithaca, ny
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeneBlitz View Post
    Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Att Yds TD
    2005 San Francisco 49ers 9 40.8 165 84 50.9 875 1 11 30 103 0
    2006 San Francisco 49ers 16 74.8 442 257 58.1 2890 16 16 44 147 2
    2007 San Francisco 49ers 7 57.2 193 94 48.7 914 2 4 13 89 0
    2008 San Francisco 49ers 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    2009 San Francisco 49ers 11 81.5 372 225 60.5 2350 18 12 24 51 0
    2010 San Francisco 49ers 11 82.1 342 204 59.6 2370 14 10 18 60 0
    2011 San Francisco 49ers 16 90.7 445 273 61.3 3144 17 5 52 179 2
    2012 San Francisco 49ers 10 104.1 218 153 70.2 1737 13 5 31 132 0
    Totals 80 79.1 2177 1290 59.3 14,280 81 63 212 761 4

    Here you go guys, this is your "franchise" QB, almost to funny that Bills fans really want this guy, too bad he doesn't come with the SF 2011/2012 defense. Why not just bring back JP Losman and Trent Edwards while were at it, they actually had better careers as a whole.
    thank you. alex smith would be a step back for this team. we don't have harbaugh to coddle him. we don't have an elite offensive line. we don't have big dependable targets to throw to. we don't have an elite defense. i'm not sure why there are so many people who want him here. he sucks.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,558

    Default

    did any of you watch alex smith play? or are u just going by the niners record? if he was that good he wouldn't have been replaced. he's a terrible QB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo86 View Post
    He doesn't have too many choices, and I don't see any team committing to him for 3-4 years without seeing him prove it. It's not like he's Ryan Fitzpatrick.

  13. #33

    Default

    Harabaugh groomed him into a better QB and a seasoned vet on the field, but we also saw Matt Cassell play like a champion on NE, so i do see everyone's points.
    2013 Buffalo Bills Football! Nothing gets better than driving up to the Ralph,the smell of Charcoal at 8am on a gameday morning, and of course WINNING!


  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philly Home of the Cheesesteak
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Yes, but retread normally has a negative annotation around it. It can pertain to Alex Smith because his tread will be worn out as soon as he gets on another team.

    But Peyton and Drew? As CC says... COME ON MAN!
    Before Drew was top 5, he was Alex Smith before leaving the Chargers....& he had more question marks cause he was coming off an injury. But, Brees was winning just like Alex Smith...so you'll never know how Alex will turn out, he's still in his prime. Peyton....well that's just Peyton, still a retread but similar to the Montana situation. But a retread non the less

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philly Home of the Cheesesteak
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeneBlitz View Post
    Lets the Browns or the Cards make the mistake this time, let us do the right thing and roll the dice on the best rookie QB we can come up with. The experts that say this is a bad draft class for QB know just about zero, remember Jamarcus Russell has a chance to be the "best ever" and the Vince Young, Matt Lienhart draft was on par with the Elway, Kelly, Marino one.

    Alex Smith does one of 3 things...

    1) Is the best QB that the Bills have had in over a decade and is the unquestioned franchise QB of our future

    2) Will ruin whatever rookie QB that we draft by putting our coaches in a Losman/Holcomb situation (in and out) and in this scenario you lose 2 draft picks, 1 on the rookie and one on Smith and you are looking to cut one at the end of the season

    3) Will start for all of 2013 playing poorly enough that we have to draft a QB in next seasons draft, setting the franchise back another year of misery.

    What in Alex Smith's disastrous career makes any sane human being believe that choice number 1 is the most likely outcome

    I for one am not saying "don't draft a QB...get Alex Smith" I'm saying do both. We can do both...it won't really hurt, just strengthen our possibilities.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philly Home of the Cheesesteak
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeneBlitz View Post
    So according to that logic there are probably 500:1 failure vs success with your "retread QBs"

    Yea...in theory. But, 5:1 you have Alex Smith, a rookie, T jack & even Fitz in a competition....a real competition, you've now tripled your chances in finding a really good QB. Or your going to push someone really hard to play better!

  17. #37

    Default

    Whatever it takes to have a QB with the heart that Fitz has but the not the arm...
    2013 Buffalo Bills Football! Nothing gets better than driving up to the Ralph,the smell of Charcoal at 8am on a gameday morning, and of course WINNING!


  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philly Home of the Cheesesteak
    Posts
    3,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeneBlitz View Post
    Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Att Yds TD
    2005 San Francisco 49ers 9 40.8 165 84 50.9 875 1 11 30 103 0
    2006 San Francisco 49ers 16 74.8 442 257 58.1 2890 16 16 44 147 2
    2007 San Francisco 49ers 7 57.2 193 94 48.7 914 2 4 13 89 0
    2008 San Francisco 49ers 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    2009 San Francisco 49ers 11 81.5 372 225 60.5 2350 18 12 24 51 0
    2010 San Francisco 49ers 11 82.1 342 204 59.6 2370 14 10 18 60 0
    2011 San Francisco 49ers 16 90.7 445 273 61.3 3144 17 5 52 179 2
    2012 San Francisco 49ers 10 104.1 218 153 70.2 1737 13 5 31 132 0
    Totals 80 79.1 2177 1290 59.3 14,280 81 63 212 761 4

    Here you go guys, this is your "franchise" QB, almost to funny that Bills fans really want this guy, too bad he doesn't come with the SF 2011/2012 defense. Why not just bring back JP Losman and Trent Edwards while were at it, they actually had better careers as a whole.
    Can't really argue with facts...I was waiting on someone to bring up his numbers prior to Harbargh. Hey, most people don't like Nassib on this board...so we'll pull this down to coaching. Marrone made Nassib look good in college...now with some strange idea he might be thinking he can do that in the NFL. Why not try it with a guy like Alex Smith...who is better then any QB right now coming out? But still draft someone....you never know they might beat out Alex Smith like Kap & Russell did.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    'We want Carr!! We want Carr!!!'
    My 2014-2015 Adopt-A-Bill: Marcell Dareus

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    I dont know how serious it is but nfl.com reports smith has been approached by the chiefs... Im on my cell phone - give me a min & i will post a link

    http://wap.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000133549/report-49ers-qb-smith-was-courted-by-reid-could-join-chiefs/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •