Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I talked to several NFL Scouts today about the Quarterback group and guess who is #1?

Default I talked to several NFL Scouts today about the Quarterback group and guess who is #1?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Today I talked with four NFL Scouts and i thought I would share with you what they said about the current quarterback situation. I posted an article, I thought I would share it since the Bills are definitely looking for a quarterback. I thought it was very interesting that Matt Barkley's stock is still there. Not moving down.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/m...-draft-boards/

Here you go, I hope you enjoy.

#GO BILLS

Owner of www.nfldraftdiamonds.com

NFL Draft Analyst and Scout

Follow me on Twitter @drocksthaparty and @DraftDiamonds

Quote Originally Posted by dtsportscards View Post
    Today I talked with four NFL Scouts and i thought I would share with you what they said about the current quarterback situation. I posted an article, I thought I would share it since the Bills are definitely looking for a quarterback. I thought it was very interesting that Matt Barkley's stock is still there. Not moving down.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/m...-draft-boards/

Here you go, I hope you enjoy.

#GO BILLS
    Maybe you should talk with the doctors on how his shoulder is healing.......seems to be a big ???????

Things are starting to become clear where the Bills want to go at 8...

I agree his shoulder will be the big question. But think back to Drew Brees, same thing. Shoulder, just saying?

of course it hasnt the guy was given a 1st round draft grade last year and has been the 2013 top pick in the draft for 4 years nothing has changed to suggest he wont be a top 10 pick my only hope is he falls to the bills and KC passes him over for an OT
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

I question whether he can play in cold weather but you cannot get upset with the kids talents. He is by far a top tier quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    of course it hasnt the guy was given a 1st round draft grade last year and has been the 2013 top pick in the draft for 4 years nothing has changed to suggest he wont be a top 10 pick my only hope is he falls to the bills and KC passes him over for an OT
    I feel really good about KC going somewhere other than qb. I'm more concerned about Arizona.

I think KC would be stupid to pass on Joeckel

I agree his shoulder will be the big question. But think back to Drew Brees, same thing. Shoulder, just saying?
    People heal and recover differently. Can't give Barkley the green light yet.....

I think KC would be stupid to pass on Joeckel
    I agree, and I don't think they will. Reid loves offensive linemen. He has a chance to get the best one in this draft and be set at that position for 10 years.

Baad I agree, you would have to make sure, but barkley is a way better option at 8 then Nassib, and I love Nassib

Default My Problem As Well

Baad I agree, you would have to make sure, but barkley is a way better option at 8 then Nassib, and I love Nassib
    This is my problem as well. I love Nassib. I am glad it is not my draft.
    Time to turn this rig around.

Nassib is hard not to love, he is a top 3 quarterback of mine. I like his play but the best boom for your dollar is Barkley at 8 if he is there

Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    I feel really good about KC going somewhere other than qb. I'm more concerned about Arizona.
    Yeah but their line is a disaster it would make more sense to draft a LT then take a QB and put him behind that death trap

And there are rumors swirling that KC would like to get Alex Smith. If that is the case, why not draft a future LT?

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    Yeah but their line is a disaster it would make more sense to draft a LT then take a QB and put him behind that death trap
    I agree with that, but for some reason I'm just concerned they will take our guy one spot ahead of us. It's happened on more than one occasion.

And there are rumors swirling that KC would like to get Alex Smith. If that is the case, why not draft a future LT?
    If they land Alex Smith, they will draft either Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher.

If both Barkley and Gino fall to 7 im going to be very happy. At least we can get 1 of them....and they will pick a CB lol

Barkley is the best QB in this draft but he's not one of the ten best players in this draft, no sale. This QB class is much deeper in value in the second and third round, a guy like Nassib might turn out to be just as good and you can get him much later.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

throwback

Thanks for the article.

I think nothing has changed about Matt Barkley. Scouts that liked him in October and liked him in December, still do.

It is the MEDIA that started saying Barkley is a mid 2nd round pick.

Barkley does not have a cannon for arm. No one can dispute that. But, when FANS get to see some of his Gruden type interviews they will be impressed with his poise. So, then the media will say he is moving back up draft boards. But in fact he never moved down real NFL team's draft boards in the 1st place.