Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I talked to several NFL Scouts today about the Quarterback group and guess who is #1?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I'm not real surprised that the opinions aren't unanimous. I think that is a consequence of the weakness of this group of QBs at the very top. Comparing Barkley and Smith, I think Smith may have higher upside, but Barkley is a safer pick, unless he turns out to have 8 inch hands. Even if he doesn't throw at the combine because of his shoulder injury, he needs to attend the combine and get measured.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

Havent we seen enough QBs from Cali?? THANKS BUT NO THANKS.
    ...wake me up when the playoffs are here

Quote Originally Posted by dtsportscards View Post
    I question whether he can play in cold weather but you cannot get upset with the kids talents. He is by far a top tier quarterback.

Thats where the Bills Running game should take over in the cold weather... Set up the pass.. Not gailey style, pass to set up the run.... I expect big things out of our running game this year....

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    Yeah but their line is a disaster it would make more sense to draft a LT then take a QB and put him behind that death trap
    KC actually has an above average line. The reason why it would be stupid not to take Joeckel is because he is one of the elite prospects in the draft, probably the best. Also, Brandon Albert has chronic back issues and is a free agent. Knowing their coach I just don't see them passing up on Joeckel, though I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
    Jairus Byrd will be called the best safety in the NFL after the 2012 season.

Adopt-A-Bill 2013 - CJ Spiller!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLS09BILLS View Post
    Havent we seen enough QBs from Cali?? THANKS BUT NO THANKS.
    Great argument. You're right though, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady sure are terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    Yeah but their line is a disaster it would make more sense to draft a LT then take a QB and put him behind that death trap
    While that's true I can see them spending big $$ in FA...if Albert does make it to FA I believe Arizona will go hard after him, they will also like try and land a G as well...so if they do that then it's very possible they take a QB at 7

I think Buffalo cannot go wrong with a player like Barkley. I wouldn't mind the BPA approach either

Owner of www.nfldraftdiamonds.com

NFL Draft Analyst and Scout

Follow me on Twitter @drocksthaparty and @DraftDiamonds

I'll say, I was anti-Barkley for the last 2 years. But the more I read on him, I'm realizing I'm probably wrong. He's starting to grow on me. I really hope he gets healthy quickly. I'm sure his pro day is a highly anticipated one.

I believe his draft day will be very anticipated as well. Barkley could end being the first QB taken in the draft. I hope it is at #8

Quote Originally Posted by brianmoorman4jesus View Post
    If both Barkley and Gino fall to 7 im going to be very happy. At least we can get 1 of them....and they will pick a CB lol
    If anything they would take a LBer IMO not a CB.

Thanks for posting, not quite Luck RGIII, with Smith Barkley, but it is interesting.

Would you prefer a QB like Alex Smith over a draft pick like Barkley? Geno? Wilson? Glennon?

I would like to know what you all feel about it?

Barkley throws too many screens from what I have seen and he doesn't seem to be pressured very often. I think Nassib is best of class. The guy makes his reads every time and puts the balls in his guys hands, you have to believe with good receivers he would have been much better than he already was

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
    Barkley throws too many screens from what I have seen and he doesn't seem to be pressured very often. I think Nassib is best of class. The guy makes his reads every time and puts the balls in his guys hands, you have to believe with good receivers he would have been much better than he already was
    I can picture the guy in your avatar saying this.

!!**Official Mocky Draft of da 2014 Buffalo Bills Season**!!

1st - Most Bestestest OT
    2nd - Da Bestest WR
    3rd - Most Titillating TE
    4th - Best RB
    5th - Trade for Tank Carder
    6th - Most Faves CB
    7th - Sexiest Punter

Would you prefer a QB like Alex Smith over a draft pick like Barkley? Geno? Wilson? Glennon?

Draft pick without a doubt.

!!**Official Mocky Draft of da 2014 Buffalo Bills Season**!!

1st - Most Bestestest OT
    2nd - Da Bestest WR
    3rd - Most Titillating TE
    4th - Best RB
    5th - Trade for Tank Carder
    6th - Most Faves CB
    7th - Sexiest Punter

I want Glennon or Barkley

And other sources floated the idea that the likelihood of him going in day 2 is stronger....

That shoulder is a problem...especially for a guy who doesnt have a ton of arm strength to begin with.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
    He was pressured a good deal and he deals with it pretty well, at least in terms of moving around in the pocket. I dont think hes particularly accurate while rolling but he doesnt freak out in the face of pressure and has the poise youre looking for in an NFL QB.

I completely agree on the screens. I've been told thats based on the scheme but that seems strange to me for the following reasons:

1) People claim he wasnt surrounded by great talent....then why would any coach go heavy on WR screens? You run WR screens specifically because you feel your WRs have talent advantages that will be most beneficial in space
    2) If he's so great, why so much reliance on these allegedly not-so-talented WRs?
    3) If a lot of what people like about him is based on his production and a lot of his production is derived from WR screens, it doesnt really seem that he is the one providing the value to the production.

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

I'd rather spend a 3rd on Smith and be able to cut bait after a year than spend a top ten pick on Smith/Barkley/Glennon and be forced into a situation where I have to give him 3 years to "prove himself"

Its the Gabbert thing.....even with the smaller contracts, there is still a drive to give a sunk cost every opportunity to prove himself. That leads to missed opportunities in terms of other draft picks.

I would not be mad at all with Barkley at 8. I don't foresee him being there though.