60 52.63%
  • Neither

11 9.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geno or Barkley?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

For those that think Barkley can't throw a deep ball:

6:33 into it he throws a 50 yarder in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Denverbill View Post

You hardly see a 50+ yard deep ball in the NFL, I mean maybe you hit that 2-3 times a year and thats with a strong arm. Most deep passes are 30-40 yards in the air with great timing. I think Barkley put everything he had into that throw, but still his arm probably wont be what makes or breaks him, its how he reads a defense and gets the ball out on time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    You hardly see a 50+ yard deep ball in the NFL, I mean maybe you hit that 2-3 times a year and thats with a strong arm. Most deep passes are 30-40 yards in the air with great timing. I think Barkley put everything he had into that throw, but still his arm probably wont be what makes or breaks him, its how he reads a defense and gets the ball out on time.
    Agreed that you don't see that often. But frankly I'm sick of people making crap up.

Does he have Dan Marino's arm? No. Does he have plenty for the NFL? You bet.

Can he throw an accurate ball with touch or with zip? You bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by likei'vebeentherebefore View Post
    the choice is made the traveler has come

your new name is... Mom'z_Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom'z_Spaghetti View Post
    nnnooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

To my eye, he's pretty nimble in the pocket. Moves just enough to make a little space and I don't think he'll be easy to sack. Doesn't panic.

Next - Woods can turn a person around (triple move). Quick feet out of his moves.

I'd be happy with both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hulk1914 View Post
    I like Smith more has all the physical ability to play QB in Buffalo. The mental aspect I think Hacket would love to coach Smith up on the mental part of the game. West Virginia may of had bad season but Smith's stats were consistently good.
    The Pinstripe Bowl showed that....oh wait.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

....this is a no brainer.....having seen more of Matt Barkley than most on these boards being a Bruin alum, he's the pick if he falls to 8......unfortunately I think someones going to grab him before our pick.....his consistency & leadership really stands out for me....Geno started hot but flamed at the end.....I think if Barkley is gone than the braintrust will do everything they can to trade back!
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

Barkley is the more polished pro ready QB plus he fits the offense that the bills want to run a fast no huddle west coast type offense they used at Syracuse and you need a smart QB who makes good quick decisions that's Matt barkley
    "Fight on, my men, Sir Andrew said -- A little I'm hurt but not yet slain. I'll just lie down and bleed awhile -- And I'll rise and fight again." marv levy

Quote Originally Posted by cksteele79 View Post
    Barkley is the more polished pro ready QB plus he fits the offense that the bills want to run a fast no huddle west coast type offense they used at Syracuse and you need a smart QB who makes good quick decisions that's Matt barkley
    ....100% agree and it doesn't hurt to have a HC who was torched by Barkley 2 straight years.....Barkley will probably never be a Brady / Montana type but he could develop to be like Flacco or a Matt Ryan.....if he enters the draft last april he'd have been the 3rd qb picked.....
    1. Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M
    2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins / TE / Washington
    3. Juwuan James / OT / Tenn.
    4. Shayne Skov / ILB / Stanford
    5. Cassius Marsh / DE / UCLA
    7. Logan Thomas / QB / Virginia Tech

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and conveniences,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy ".......Martin Luther King

I was against Barkley simply because he is from California and we haven't faired well with QB's from Cali but the more I here about the prospects and after the pinstripe bowl I would have to say I prefer Barkley to anyone else.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

Geno Smith
    Mike Glennon
    Tyler Wilson
    Matt Barkley
    Zak Dysert
    Ryan Nassib

In that order.

The throw before that was even more impressive.
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Seferian-Jenkins View Post
    If you've only seen YouTube highlights of me, you haven't seen crap.

Geno will be long gone by 8

Quote Originally Posted by BillsMafia#1 View Post
    If both are there @ 8 which would you rather have? Which one can save our franchise? Wait for poll.........
    really can't say either would save the franchise. have no idea how the two will transition to the next level and being the only two choices here I would take the less injury prone player, smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmega View Post
    I was against Barkley simply because he is from California and we haven't faired well with QB's from Cali but the more I here about the prospects and after the pinstripe bowl I would have to say I prefer Barkley to anyone else.
    I get the CA QB thing

The good - Brady, Aikman, Mark Burnell, Cunningham, DeBerg, Fouts, Garcia, Lamonica, Kemp, Plunkett, Rodgers, Sipe, Zorn
    The Middle?? - Dilfer, Banks, Ferragamo, Palmer
    The Bad - Carr, Cassel, Edwards, Drew Henson (who only get mentioned because without him Brady is a Bengal), Leinhart, Marinovich , and of course Rob Johnson

..and just a shout out to Gale Gilbert and Gibran Hamdan!!!! Woo Who!

Yep, this spans a lot of years but it should ebb the aprehension regarding California QBs a bit.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    Barkley.. Not even close im my opinion. He's the perfect guy to run this type of offense.
    That is how I see it - he would be like Drew Brees (not as good but many of the same traits)

Smith concerns me - I heard him on the radio and he sounded ok - but I would be concerned if he can make the jump from the one read to a more complex offense. Kaepernick is much brighter than most people realize - I am not as sure that Smith is that bright. That slump that Smith had in the middle of the season was disconcerting - he lost 5 in a row and threw 5 of his 6 INTs during that period - people forget that Kaepernick only lost one game his final year - a close one on the road.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

This is the game he was suffering with a back-up center - he was getting killed early on - he showed me a lot in this game - the Utah rushers were in the backfield before the ball sometimes. I would rather go BPA at 8 but if we take him we will have a much better offense next year - he will be able to play from day one.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Barkley tends to stare his receivers down. Geno doesn't. If you haven't seen this video, check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxHXC5AsiVg
    NO ONE CIRCLES THE
    WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    The throw before that was even more impressive.
    That's what I thought too. It was 35 yards in the air and right on the money -perfectly thrown ball; the receiver just blew it.

the 50-yarder in the air was really more like 60 in the air. Thrown from about his own 9 yd line to about the Utah 31.

Yup, plenty of arm.
    - Wiskibreth

Quote Originally Posted by dhall_2007 View Post
    its bc Geno isnt really a realistic pick at 8. The poll should be trade up for Geno or select Barkley at 8
    Yep, you nailed it.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

Quote Originally Posted by dhall_2007 View Post
    its bc Geno isnt really a realistic pick at 8. The poll should be trade up for Geno or select Barkley at 8
    Well the poll clearly says if "both are available at 8"
    NO ONE CIRCLES THE
    WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!