Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Johnson just on Jim Rome

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by BUFFBILLSFAN112080 View Post
    Awesome interview. Came on just to rep the Bills. Rome said he respects a player who will come on the show without having anything to promote.

On a side note: Stevie says he has never once lifted weights on the Bills

Go Bills
    He was talking about during the offseason. He said he has never stuck to the offseason training book. He just plays basketball and runs with his wife.
    GO BILLS!

Quote Originally Posted by smashmouth kings View Post
    He has never once lifted weights on the bills?

What kind of JV bull**** is that???

Someone get these punks in the weight room!
    Yeah... uh. Whose the guy with over 3, 000 yards in three seasons. Keep pumping iron, Arnold.

It's well know stevie doesn't lift. He does a lot of plyometrics and calisthenics. Everybody's... body... is different. It's obviously working for him, he's a nightmare to cover and he hasn't missed a game.

Quote Originally Posted by hulk1914 View Post
    That will change with Coach Marrone there mandatory lifting
    Most likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFFBILLSFAN112080 View Post
    He said he plays basketball to keep in shape
    That works.

Quote Originally Posted by brianm1113 View Post
    Deer antler extract.
    Lol

He didn't say he runs with his wife. He said to keep in shape he plays basketball, does "stuff" with his wife, and runs in the neighborhood. Not many caught that, but he was referring to what Jim Rome refers to as "wrestlin' with the wife"

Other things he said that i figured would be here were: said Fitz is his guy and that he wants a guy to come in to compete with Fitz to bring out the best in him. He also said he hasn't talked to coach Marrone, but he's done some research and that he loves how Marrone is getting pumped on the sidelines, chest bumping players and the such, said that's just the energy the Bills need on the sideline. An obvious indictment on grandpa in reading glasses tryin' to comprehend the fine print on the sideline...
    "Uh, well, listen, Bingo, we got a bucket of nose clams fresh from the sea, sweet delicious nose clams that are looking for a home, if you follow me."

It cracks me up that people are making a big deal out of this ... dude's got an 8 pack.

Doesn't matter how much more he put in the work ...his QB can't get him the ball.
    Last edited by jcmccall; 02-01-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by blofan4life View Post
    I heard Stevie say that before and he usually said he did more resistance. I think that's better as a WR. I don't see how weight lifting will do anything for a WR.
    Seriously? For one WR's are asked to block a whole lot and at the line they have to fight for position especially closer to the End Zone. Also I would think I don't need to explain why weight training would help your legs (jumping, running, etc.)

3, 1000 yard seasons.
    www.greatlook.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmroszczak View Post
    Id rather have Jauron back with THIS team...you have to admit the man was Smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    So, your brand is: terrible advice-giving pedophile?

Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post
    It cracks me up that people are making a big deal out of this ... dude's got an 8 pack.

Doesn't matter how much more he put in the work ...he QB can get him the ball.
    You know most BBMBers are here because they chose to turn down careers as athletic trainers, football coaches, analysts, etc.
    "Uh, well, listen, Bingo, we got a bucket of nose clams fresh from the sea, sweet delicious nose clams that are looking for a home, if you follow me."

Stevie lifts weights...don't let him fool you. He was probably being sarcastic. The strength and conditioning program with Coach Ciano is absolutely mandatory

he should have said, "Who knows what I could do if I had an actual quarterback on the team."
    www.greatlook.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmroszczak View Post
    Id rather have Jauron back with THIS team...you have to admit the man was Smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut25 View Post
    So, your brand is: terrible advice-giving pedophile?

To the guys upset about him not lifting in the offseason, do the P90X Plyometric workout and then tell me about how he is not strong enough. You warm up with five minutes of lunges. I ran a marathon this year and then went and did that workout three weeks after the race and almost died. That workout about killed me. It is super, duper, supersonic intense and that is what he does to stay in shape.

I heard the interview live and was absolutely outraged. Totally unacceptable. Freaking high school players lift weights in the off season. And he even made a comment about how much better a player he would be if he did. Fans and media needs to hold his butt to the fire. There needs to be an unrelenting anger directed at him to get him motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    I heard the interview live and was absolutely outraged. Totally unacceptable. Freaking high school players lift weights in the off season. And he even made a comment about how much better a player he would be if he did. Fans and media needs to hold his butt to the fire. There needs to be an unrelenting anger directed at him to get him motivated.
    Like I said....he lifts weights. It was probably a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Bills Fan in Philly View Post
    To the guys upset about him not lifting in the offseason, do the P90X Plyometric workout and then tell me about how he is not strong enough. You warm up with five minutes of lunges. I ran a marathon this year and then went and did that workout three weeks after the race and almost died. That workout about killed me. It is super, duper, supersonic intense and that is what he does to stay in shape.
    Exactly, weights isn't the only way to get stronger and there are downsides to lifting too. Stevie Johnson to my knowledge has never missed a game due to injury. You know a guy that loves lifting is Merriman....how healthy does he stay...

Quote Originally Posted by bandit33 View Post
    Like I said....he lifts weights. It was probably a joke
    It wasn't a joke and it's not the first time he's said it. He doesn't lift weights in the off-season. He said he takes the offseason workout binder, puts it in a drawer and forgets about it. Judging by his production and ability to stay healthy, I wouldn't judge stevie, unless i wanted to look foolish..

Most players don't work out between the time their season ends and the time mandatory lifts begin. Its their vacation...some of the guys do work with fitness trainers in that time span. But the majority don't. But during the season, stevie definitely lifts. It is mandatory with the Buffalo Bills that all players work out as a unit

He may do a few #curlsforthegirls in the offseason, but that's about it.

...or maybe the what Stevie's saying is that our coaching staff was inept.

I mean did the defensive line read read that booklet...because they got pushed around all season?

With a groin injury...how much weight training could he do?
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.