Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Johnson just on Jim Rome

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by Billzgobowlin View Post
    Seriously? For one WR's are asked to block a whole lot and at the line they have to fight for position especially closer to the End Zone. Also I would think I don't need to explain why weight training would help your legs (jumping, running, etc.)
    Ya, all that can be done through resistance. The only people that think lifting weights is the only way to get stronger are those meat heads who are on supplements and spend more time looking at the mirror at the gym then actually lifting the weights.

You would be surprised how many NFL skill players, DB's and WR's, dont lift much at all, ever.

Only thing that kind of shocked me was that Stevie basically says he didnt finish games. Thats interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBills4Life View Post
    You would be surprised how many NFL skill players, DB's and WR's, dont lift much at all, ever.
    David Boston did...that seemed to work. I don't care if Johnson doesn't lift weights.

Maybe if Johnson had Montana throwing him the ball he would run uphill in 100 degree heat...both ways.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Let me ask a couple questions

1. We know Stevie marches to a different drum and likes to have fun. So how do we know he was being Serious with Rome?

2. How many 7th round WRs have routinely embarrassed the NFL top CBs without putting in the work?

Most of you defending him are missing the point they Stevie said he thinks he would be even better if he did lift. He said something along the lines of "I've put up 3 1000 yard seasons, maybe if I did workout I could do 1200, 1300 yards"

Now Mike Schopp wants him cut? I think we can agree that most of us want him cut and have wanted him cut for a long time.
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Only thing that kind of shocked me was that Stevie basically says he didnt finish games. Thats interesting.
    Why is it shocking that Stevie did not finish games. Heck the entire team was that way under Gailey.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post
    David Boston did...that seemed to work. I don't care if Johnson doesn't lift weights.

Maybe if Johnson had Montana throwing him the ball he would run uphill in 100 degree heat...both ways.
    Yeah, he may have lifted a weight or 2.

Donald Jones can outlift some lineman on the Bills, which WR would you want, DOnald Jones or Stevie Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    Most of you defending him are missing the point they Stevie said he thinks he would be even better if he did lift. He said something along the lines of "I've put up 3 1000 yard seasons, maybe if I did workout I could do 1200, 1300 yards"
    Or maybe you can look at it this way...if his QB hit him in stride once in a while he would have 1,200 to 1,300 yards.

Or maybe look at it this way, don't put it past Stevie Johnson to say something stupid to change the discussion away from his friend Fitz.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

Yeah, he may have lifted a weight or 2.

Donald Jones can outlift some lineman on the Bills, which WR would you want, DOnald Jones or Stevie Johnson?
    Hmmm, let me think? What's funny to me is that. Personally, I think this sport is too covered and too much is made out of a lot of things. When Stevie gets going, he can either catch himself or take off and get a little nutty. That's what also makes him a good player....feeling the flow.

1. Johnson has at least a 6 pack, we see it every time he shows off his tattoos.
    2. He's been hampered by a groin injury (which is not due to Stevie not lifting weights) but surely does limit you lifting them...just trust me on this one.
    3. I want to know if Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Mario Williams and any of our LBs read this "bible" of a workout regime....if so, that book should be crapped on, shredded, burned, and crapped on again.
    4. At one point last year I saw Stevie Johnson give the look and body language back toward Fitz that Andre Reed gave to Todd Collins when Collins would over throw him after he beat coverages. While they are buddies, his buddy is holding him back. I wonder if he thought that booklet was as much as a joke as the playbook? I don't know he Stevie felt that way...I sure did.
    Last edited by jcmccall; 02-01-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

59 seconds in, lol.

I wonder if he thought that booklet was as much as a joke as the playbook? I don't know he Stevie felt that way...I sure did.

Johnson idolized Gailey and thought of him as an offensive genius. I doubt he felt the playbook was a joke.

59 seconds in, lol.

He's getting paid tens of thousands of dollars to be in an ad, sure he's gonna lift weights if that's what is called for and that is the effect the ad producers want.

He talked about Gailey like he was his grandfather. I don't remember him talking up the offense, especially last year.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

He talked about Gailey like he was his grandfather. I don't remember him talking up the offense, especially last year.
    I'm sure when Johnson called Gailey "megamind" (in 2011) he was referring to Gailey's mathematical ability...

Quote Originally Posted by bandit33 View Post
    Most players don't work out between the time their season ends and the time mandatory lifts begin. Its their vacation...some of the guys do work with fitness trainers in that time span. But the majority don't. But during the season, stevie definitely lifts. It is mandatory with the Buffalo Bills that all players work out as a unit
    What are you smokin?
    Adonis DNA........Fire breathing fists....

I guess I shouldn't take Marrone seriously because he hired a lifelong terrible special teams coach and let a special teams coach who coached up a group such that they had the best punt returner in the league. I shouldn't take Marrone seriously when he said that any coach under the former regime could reinterview for their jobs and the only guy he kept was a strength and conditioning coach who didn't do a particularly good job of getting our hosses stronger. Caino who was a Gailey patronage hire.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    I'm sure when Johnson called Gailey "megamind" (in 2011) he was referring to Gailey's mathematical ability...
    In 2012...when we stopped throwing the ball into half the zones on the field? And so much that he didn't workout in the offseason?
    Last edited by jcmccall; 02-01-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
    What are you smokin?
    OG Kush, Purp, Strong, Bill Bixby, KB, Gasoline, Diesel, Skunk, and Master Kush
    "Uh, well, listen, Bingo, we got a bucket of nose clams fresh from the sea, sweet delicious nose clams that are looking for a home, if you follow me."

Quote Originally Posted by angrycris View Post
    OG Kush, Purp, Strong, Bill Bixby, KB, Gasoline, Diesel, Skunk, and Master Kush
    So you missed out on the afghani kush then?