Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 120

Thread: Steve Johnson just on Jim Rome

  1. #81
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    45,533

    Default

    Buffalo Bills

    FREE iPad Download

    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    Listen at 1:17

    He didnt say that.

    He said if he works out more he will have more energy, not that he was spent at the end of games.


    You are crazy.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!




    Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Amherst, NY
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    He didnt say that.

    He said if he works out more he will have more energy, not that he was spent at the end of games.


    You are crazy.
    "Maybe I'll be more energized to finish out games." Only way he says something like that is if he doesn't have enough energy at the end of games.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    45,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    "Maybe I'll be more energized to finish out games." Only way he says something like that is if he doesn't have enough energy at the end of games.
    Wow. You are really out there.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!




    Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Amherst, NY
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    Wow. You are really out there.
    Why mention it at all if it isn't a problem? Stevie has never been known as being prudent with his words. I think the truth slipped out at an inopportune time.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    "Maybe I'll be more energized to finish out games." Only way he says something like that is if he doesn't have enough energy at the end of games.
    you're out your **** mind
    Let Freedom Ring

  6. #86
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    45,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    Why mention it at all if it isn't a problem? Stevie has never been known as being prudent with his words. I think the truth slipped out at an inopportune time.
    The results speak for themselves. He gets it done. 1st quarter or 4th quarter. Just because he said something funny doesn't mean you need to take it literally.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!




    Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Amherst, NY
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    The results speak for themselves. He gets it done. 1st quarter or 4th quarter. Just because he said something funny doesn't mean you need to take it literally.
    I didn't think anything he said was funny, quite contrary, his comments are disturbing. He himself thinks he is under-performing his potential as a result of a lack of him doing "football work."

  8. #88
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    45,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    I didn't think anything he said was funny, quite contrary, his comments are disturbing. He himself thinks he is under-performing his potential as a result of a lack of him doing "football work."
    Only if you take a guy, whose motto is why so serious, literally when he said he got from a 7th round pick to a 1k receiver 3 years runny by playing basketball and running around the block with his wife. Rome has had Stevie on a bunch and Rome is all about Hyperbole. You don't think it is possible that he was joking?
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!




    Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Amherst, NY
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    Only if you take a guy, whose motto is why so serious, literally when he said he got from a 7th round pick to a 1k receiver 3 years runny by playing basketball and running around the block with his wife. Rome has had Stevie on a bunch and Rome is all about Hyperbole. You don't think it is possible that he was joking?
    A quick quip? maybe. A rather sincere sounding minute and 30 seconds bragging about how little work he has done in past offseasons? Nope.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    No Town
    Posts
    17,699

    Default

    Stevie is very good at what he does, but everyone can use a bit of added strength.

    Example: Did anyone hear that story about the 49ers from John Clayton the other day?

    He said on the radio that they had to find a separate gym the other day so that their D-linemen could squat 600 lb. All of their d-linemen were squatting 600 lb. He said that Ricky Jean Francois squatted 700 lb.

    Sure, that's d-linemen, but that's also part of the difference between that team and everyone else. This was/is during super bowl week...just a few days before the game.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    6,302

    Default WGR550 Loses Its Mind Over Throwaway Stevie Johnson Comment (link)

    In case you have ever wondered why sports media generally does such a poor job, and in particular Buffalo NY sports media, today WGR550 gave us a Harvard Case Study.

    In case you haven’t heard, Stevie Johnson stopped by Jim Rome’s camp on Radio Row in New Orleans today to chat things over. Stevie and Rome have quite a rapport built up to the point where Stevie will be quite honest, and today was no exception. When Rome asked how Stevie was keeping busy in the off season, Stevie mentioned that he really didn’t “work out” too much. Rome asked if that meant he didn’t do anything, to which Stevie responded that he didn’t really lift weights, electing to instead keep in shape by running and playing basketball.


    http://www.buddynixon.com/opinion/wg...ohnson-comment
    Last edited by Sniper; 02-01-2013 at 10:38 PM.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Seventh Gate Of Toronto
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    we knew years back Stevie doesn't lift. no news.
    Jason
    Toronto, Canada
    Go Bills!!!

    The doctors, the lawyers and G-men are living in fear!

  13. #93
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Seventh Gate Of Toronto
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    sorry, read the link after. that tells the full story"

    "Schopp was suggesting that since the Bills only receiver to ever record back to back 1000 yard seasons (twice!) was candid about his disinterest in weight training, it might not be a crazy idea to cut him loose in order to “send a message.”

    I couldn’t believe it either."

    friggin stupid idea to cut him over that. more muscles won't improve his game; he's shifty and that's his strength, not brute force. he might even get slower with more bulk.
    Jason
    Toronto, Canada
    Go Bills!!!

    The doctors, the lawyers and G-men are living in fear!

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giarmyjoe View Post

    Stevie has had three 1000 yard seasons in a row by the way. Your article says he's had back to back 1000 yard seasons twice which implies he's actually had four 1000 yard seasons.
    Look at again, but read it this time.
    Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fort Irwin, CA
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cforce17 View Post
    Look at again, but read it this time.

    I looked at it and read it the first time. A second reading of it won't change what it says and implies.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    6,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giarmyjoe View Post
    Why are there so many sites on here shamelessly promoting their own sites? Isn't this spamming?




    Stevie has had three 1000 yard seasons in a row by the way. Your article says he's had back to back 1000 yard seasons twice which implies he's actually had four 1000 yard seasons.

    Here's the whole write up for those who don't want to give the site anymore added traffic.
    Back to back twice. MEANING our writer said it happened twice that he had back to back years. Use your head.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    845

    Default

    You're making up an implication where there is none and reading way too far into a semantic device.
    Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,402

    Default

    Personally I really don't care about the comments, but he would have been better off just keeping his mouth shut because the buffalo media vultures like Jerry Sullivan and Sal Mariana are already stirring the pot big time on twitter about this.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    6,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cforce17 View Post
    You're making up an implication where there is none and reading way too far into a semantic device.
    What do you expect from a dude from California trying to monitor what free blogs can post on a free message board?

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fort Irwin, CA
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Back to back twice. MEANING our writer said it happened twice that he had back to back years. Use your head.

    Back to back once is two 1000 yard seasons. Back to back again would be back to back twice would imply he was again had back to back 1000 yard seasons....four 1000 yard seasons

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •