Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would love to trade back to around the 15-25 range

Default Would love to trade back to around the 15-25 range

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Our first pick has to be a QB but we cant select one at 8th overall bc its to much of a reach. It would be the worst decision this FO has ever made bc the only team that would be looking at a QB after us is the jets and i dont think they will take one in the first round. Our team has to many holes and it cant be fixed with just 6 picks in the draft and FA. Im sure everyone would love this draft if we traded down still got the QB we wanted wether it be Barkley, Wilson, or Glennon. Those 3 guys will be available when we pick at 8th overall and if we traded down to 20th overall they would still be there. So even though everyone hates mock drafts with trades in them heres mine anyways.

1. Trade down and draft Tyler Wilson-QB Hes my top QB in this class even over Geno Smith but i still wouldnt draft Wilson 8th overall.
    2. Sam Montgomery-DE/OLB or Kevin Minter-ILB which ever position the coaching staff thinks is a bigger need but both are great value picks here.
    2b. Will Davis-CB Switch Aaron Williams to SS bc he cant play CB with his stiff hips and add Davis to play opposite of Gilmore.
    3. Brandon Jenkins-DE/OLB or Kiko Alonso-ILB which ever we didnt pick in the 2nd round and again both great value picks.
    4. Kwame Geathers-NT We dont know if we have anyone that can play NT or not in the 3-4 if he's still on the board this would be the steal of the draft.
    5. Marcus Lattimore-RB Hes gonna need a full year on IR but to get this kind of talent in the 5th round never happens.
    6. Tyrann Mathieu-CB/S I doubt Nix will take a chance on him but i sure would at this point in the draft.

Barkley or Smith at #8 after that I'd entertain the idea of trading back
    Woods, Williams and Watkins.... the 3 double U's

Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa

If you are going from all the way down from 8 to the 20's, you had better get more than just a second round pick in return.

Wilson might be there at #25.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBuff View Post
    If you are going from all the way down from 8 to the 20's, you had better get more than just a second round pick in return.
    Yea i was gonna add another pick but i figured if it was in the late 20's it could be a pick for next year.

Why? This team needs top 10 talent added to the roster. Besides Wilson is going to be a bum.
    #Bills @EJManuel3 is 1st @NFL QB since 1960 to post rating of 89+ (min. 20 att.) in each of 1st 2 gms of rookie season (105.5, 89.3)
    6:24 PM - 15 Sep 2013

Go BILLS

14-2 Prediction!!!

2014 Adopt-A-Bill : Chris Gragg

Quote Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
    Fitzpatrick will have a better year than EJ... Bank it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon View Post
    Why? This team needs top 10 talent added to the roster. Besides Wilson is going to be a bum.
    Yea this team does need top 10 talent but we also need a franchise QB which there are a couple in this draft thier just not top 10 talent

Be ready for people to insist Buddy wont trade back because he never has in his 3 previous drafts as GM.

Be a ton if people used to day Buddy won't give up picks either, and he has now done that 2x. (I know, both were 7th rounders, but the concept is still there. )

I think if Buddy's main guys are gone, and/or the right package is offered, he could move back.

He may have a qb he believes can lead this team as his 25th-40th rated player, he may move back and stockpile picks. I think this is his year to do it.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Like the draft, love Kiko alonso there, he is incredibly underrated.

I love when people say that "Quarterback X" would be a TOTAL mistake at 8, but would be a great pick at 15 or 20.

News flash: If you're taking a QB in the first round, it's because you think he's a 10 year starter and face of the franchise. If he's that guy, then he's just as "worth it" at 8 as he is at 15.

People need to get over their trade-down fetish. We ALL want more draft picks, but moving heaven and earth to move down 7 picks just so that "the value is better", and potentially missing out on your guy in the process, is beyond silly.

If Wilson or any other QB is worth being picked at 15, he's also worth being picked at 8. Put away your draft value charts, give up the fantasy prognostications. Live in actual reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I love when people say that "Quarterback X" would be a TOTAL mistake at 8, but would be a great pick at 15 or 20.

News flash: If you're taking a QB in the first round, it's because you think he's a 10 year starter and face of the franchise. If he's that guy, then he's just as "worth it" at 8 as he is at 15.

People need to get over their trade-down fetish. We ALL want more draft picks, but moving heaven and earth to move down 7 picks just so that "the value is better", and potentially missing out on your guy in the process, is beyond silly.

If Wilson or any other QB is worth being picked at 15, he's also worth being picked at 8. Put away your draft value charts, give up the fantasy prognostications. Live in actual reality.
    Your user name holds true!!!

Your post suits your username.

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

All in all, this is a great post.

They only minor disagreement I would have, is yes, I can pick anyone I want at 8, that I would at 15, but if a good GM knows the draft board, and the teams around his team, he would be foolish to take someone at 8 if he truly believes he will be there at 15. If you can grab your guy and an extra pick you do it.

Picking players is a gamble. Both in the player themselves and where they are picked.

Nix and Co. Need to do their homework.

I don't get upset if they pick someone they little early, because I have to think they know the way the draft is heading better than the average fan.

So, if they don't think someone will make it to 16-20, absolutley take your guy at #8. But of you truly think your player will last to #15 and that team call you, with the right deal, you take it.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon View Post
    just because they are drafted int he top 10 doesnt make them top 10 talent. I bet more 11-32 picks have made more pro bowls than 1-10 picks....yes I know there is more 11-32 players but the wisdom used by some on this board and in football in general is that all top 10 should be pro bowlers

Quote Originally Posted by dddaryl View Post
    Barkley or Smith at #8 after that I'd entertain the idea of trading back
    Agreed, MB or GS at 8 is NOT a reach!

I doubt Buddy takes a QB at #8 and I doubt he trades back unless he gets a superduper offer. I just don't see the "franchise QB" in this draft. Geno is ok, Barkley has ?? with the injury, no one else stood out in the Senior Bowl. Fill the holes in LBers and WR and secondary this draft and look for the final piece next year.

Quote Originally Posted by baad 1 View Post
    i doubt buddy takes a qb at #8 and i doubt he trades back unless he gets a superduper offer. I just don't see the "franchise qb" in this draft. Geno is ok, barkley has ?? With the injury, no one else stood out in the senior bowl. Fill the holes in lbers and wr and secondary this draft and look for the final piece next year.

lmao... this franchise can't possibly avoid not making a bold move for Smith Barkley or Wilson at #8.
    Woods, Williams and Watkins.... the 3 double U's

Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa

Quote Originally Posted by dddaryl View Post
    lmao... this franchise can't possibly avoid not making a bold move for Smith Barkley or Wilson at #8.
    Flashback.....JP, Todd Collins, Trent Edwards......

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    I doubt Buddy takes a QB at #8 and I doubt he trades back unless he gets a superduper offer. I just don't see the "franchise QB" in this draft. Geno is ok, Barkley has ?? with the injury, no one else stood out in the Senior Bowl. Fill the holes in LBers and WR and secondary this draft and look for the final piece next year.
    They aren't going to wait until next year. Hate it all you want, but I think they are going to get either Barkley or Geno to be the next quarterback. And, yes, they are "franchise qb's".

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    Flashback.....JP, Todd Collins, Trent Edwards......
    This doesn't make sense. JP was a reach, but they panicked and moved up to take him even though he was the fourth rated guy in the draft. The other guys weren't even first rounders, let alone top 10. If they are in a spot to get either Barkley or Geno, IMO, they get it done.