Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon: We’ve got to get Andre in

Default Brandon: We’ve got to get Andre in

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Bills all-time leading receiver and Wall of Famer*Andre Reed is once again a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Bills President and CEO Russ Brandon when given the opportunity on SiriusXM radio to campaign for Reed laid out why Reed should be enshrined. “He’s one of the best receivers of his generation,” said [...]

Click here to read the latest blog entry...

There are 36 Pre-Modern and Modern NFL Wide Receivers in the HOF.

Receptions
    Andre ranks 11th all time, only one player ahead of him on the list is in the HOF and that is Jerry Rice

Yards
    Andre ranks 12th all time, only two players ranked ahead are in the HOF...Jerry Rice and James Lofton

Touchdowns
    Andre ranks 12th all time, four players ranked ahead are in the HOF...Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Don Hutson, and Don Maynard

The numbers don't lie, my message to the HOF voters...

GET THE **** THING RIGHT THIS TIME!

And yes, Tim Brown and Cris Carter should go in too. All three guys should be in and all have been waiting too **** long.

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan589 View Post

Receptions
    Andre ranks 11th all time, only one player ahead of him on the list is in the HOF and that is Jerry Rice

Yards
    Andre ranks 12th all time, only two players ranked ahead are in the HOF...Jerry Rice and James Lofton

Touchdowns
    Andre ranks 12th all time, four players ranked ahead are in the HOF...Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Don Hutson, and Don Maynard

I know it's beating the dead horse like everything else on this board, but does nobody have any comments on this?

Great WRs have to wait a long time to get into the HOF.

Immortals gets in immediately or shortly thereafter.

Andre is borderline, I'd like him to get in, but he's going to have to wait.

It's tough for WRs, sorry to have to break all this news...

He helped one team go to the Superbowl 4 years in a row, that's a rare event & may never happen again.

Not to mention what is numbers would be if we didnt't have Thurman Thomas getting 2000 yards from scrimmage... Obviously I would have never wished such a thing, but If Andre played on a team without such an amazing backfield, you'd have to assume his numbers would be much more inflated...

There was Montana to Rice, and then there was Kelly to Reed... Three of those guys have their jackets, time to get it right this time canton

Kelly to Reed, was as ubiquitous as Montana to Rice, for the time period.
    Without Reed (and to a lesser extent Thurman), does Kelly get in?
    I believe that Kelly would say he doesn't.
    Jerry Rice was quoted at some point, in his most successful years, as saying that Reed was the best receiver in the NFL at that time. Now, he may well have been being somewhat modest, as he was generally a stand up guy, but if anyone is under any illusions about how his peers viewed him, that should tell its own story.
    The stats that guys have quoted above, are also from an era, where pass interference, was only certain to be called, if the receiver was tackled before the football got to him.
    People should understand that the name on the front of the uniform is more important than the one on the back.

Why bother drafting worse players than you already have on your roster?

The Ignore List is your friend.

The WR logjam of Reed, Carter and Brown needs to be broken this year .... Vote all 3 in, in 2013.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I spent half of my money on gambling, liquor, and wild women. The other half I wasted."
    WC Fields

Going to get roasted but....he never had consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Never lead the league in receptions, yards, or TD's. He was a great WR, but not a sure thing hall of famer at a devalued position. He will get in eventually, and rightfully so. I don't personally think he should get in before Chris Carter, but was better than Tim Brown. Soon he will be contending with guys like Harrison, Holt, Bruce, T.O., and even Rod Smith. If he doesn't make it in 2014 he's going to be waiting a long time. Don't see him getting in this year but I hope he does.

Love Andre but i just don't see it happening this year. If a WR is selected i believe Carter will be the selection. I can guarantee he will be inducted within the next 2 years though

He is never going to get in. As much as it pains me to say that. He should've been in already. They will keep over looking him till he isn't even in the running for it.
    Official hater of the Chicago Bears, Chicago Blackhawks, and Jay "Stupid Face" Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by micman View Post
    Going to get roasted but....he never had consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Never lead the league in receptions, yards, or TD's. He was a great WR, but not a sure thing hall of famer at a devalued position. He will get in eventually, and rightfully so. I don't personally think he should get in before Chris Carter, but was better than Tim Brown. Soon he will be contending with guys like Harrison, Holt, Bruce, T.O., and even Rod Smith. If he doesn't make it in 2014 he's going to be waiting a long time. Don't see him getting in this year but I hope he does.
    Read the second post of this thread. He has put up numbers that have only been put up by guys like Rice, T.O., Bruce, Carter, and Brown. It is a crime that all three of these men are still waiting.

I hope he gets in, it 's about time. I know we'll be waiting forever for Steve Tasker (if he ever does get in), we shouldn't have to wait for Andre.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2013-2014: Eric Wood

We will not go quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethosebills View Post
    I hope he gets in, it 's about time. I know we'll be waiting forever for Steve Tasker (if he ever does get in), we shouldn't have to wait for Andre.
    I'm not holding my breath on Tasker. Maybe he can be one of those guys voted in on the senior committee or whatever. Unfortunately, I was too young to appreciate players like him whose impact doesn't show up in the paper on Monday.

I'm not holding my breath on Tasker. Maybe he can be one of those guys voted in on the senior committee or whatever. Unfortunately, I was too young to appreciate players like him whose impact doesn't show up in the paper on Monday.
    Tasker should get in, he pretty much created that position on ST.. the gunner and he was so good at it. He'd put licks on guys a lot bigger than he was.

Anyway. fingers crossed they release the logjam at receiver and let them all in this year.
    Adopt-A-Bill 2013-2014: Eric Wood

We will not go quietly.

Receptions

Yards

Touchdowns

You do realize that the stats you provided above do not support your argument; in fact, they may support the opposite.

A Decade of Dominance:
    Buffalo Dominates NFC in the 90s:

1990: 3-1* (*meaningless loss at Wash. wk 17 – rested starters)
    1991: 3-1* (*meaningless loss to Detroit wk 17 – rested starters)
    1992: 4-0
    1993: 4-0
    1994: 1-3
    1995: 3-1
    1996: 4-0
    1997: 1-3
    1998: 3-1
    1999: 3-1

Total: 29-11 (.725)
    NFL’s Best Inter-Conference Record of the 90s!

Note: San Francisco, which had the best overall record in the 90s, was only 26-14 (.650) vs. the AFC. Kansas City was 28-12 (.700) vs. the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchmurraydowntown View Post
    He helped one team go to the Superbowl 4 years in a row, that's a rare event & may never happen again.
    Your argument does nothing to support Reed's candidacy for the HOF. The Dolphins went to three straight Super Bowls. Should all Dolphin players who helped those teams also be in the HOF? Should all Bills players from the Super Bowl years also be in the HOF, since they helped the Bills too; and, afterall, it is a team effort?

A Decade of Dominance:
    Buffalo Dominates NFC in the 90s:

1990: 3-1* (*meaningless loss at Wash. wk 17 – rested starters)
    1991: 3-1* (*meaningless loss to Detroit wk 17 – rested starters)
    1992: 4-0
    1993: 4-0
    1994: 1-3
    1995: 3-1
    1996: 4-0
    1997: 1-3
    1998: 3-1
    1999: 3-1

Total: 29-11 (.725)
    NFL’s Best Inter-Conference Record of the 90s!

Note: San Francisco, which had the best overall record in the 90s, was only 26-14 (.650) vs. the AFC. Kansas City was 28-12 (.700) vs. the NFC.

Quote Originally Posted by class_of_2012 View Post
    You do realize that the stats you provided above do not support your argument; in fact, they may support the opposite.
    Explain yourself. I showed that Andre is statistically better than all but a few hall of famers. How is that supporting the opposite?

Read the second post of this thread. He has put up numbers that have only been put up by guys like Rice, T.O., Bruce, Carter, and Brown. It is a crime that all three of these men are still waiting.

The numbers don't mean anything to help justify a HOF contender.

If those who saw him play have to resort to numbers, he isn't getting in