Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Levitre done as a Bill?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

He's gone. Typical, if you don't wrap up good young players early you lose them because their value gets inflated on the open market. There aren't many decent interior lineman available in free agency this year so he'll get more than he should somewhere. That's what happens when you let them go to free agency.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

Id rather have another urbik at his price than pay levitre what he will ask for. Wood is the best we have and Cordy will be great somewhere along the line too, hopefully at LT.

#1 Cut Kelsay, McGee and Fitzpatrick
    #2 Sign Alex Smith and Anthony Spencer

He wants to be here but he's also overvaluing himself, we'll maybe not overvaluing himself just overvaluing what he thinks the Bills will pay him....the Bills want him but its doubtful there going to pay market value for him and they don't see a big drop off with Rinehart...

If Byrd takes longer than they expect than they will move on to Levitre and try and get him signed quick so they can use the tag on Byrd....it does annoy me how the Bills don't seem to think they can negotiate with more than one player at a time

I'd rather keep Levitre than lose him, but losing him won't cripple the Bills' offensive line. I'm not even certain they'd draft another guard in April after losing Levitre. While whoever replaces Levitre at guard (if he signs elsewhere) won't be as good at pass pro, Cordy Glenn, right next to him, will be better with a year of experience. Whoever replaces Levitre could be better at run blocking.
    My adopt-a-Bill is Marcel Dareus.

If he is done, I will always remember his jerseyxlarge.jpg
    Last edited by THE SLAMMER; 02-02-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Depends on what he wants. If he's looking for more than $7M/year, no way. He hasn't sniffed a Pro Bowl yet and isn't worth that much.

Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    If he wants 8-9 million per year I let him walk. With the glaring needs across this roster paying that kind of money to a guard is absurd.
    a guard who has played every position on this o-line at one time !

My guess is that contract signings are on hold until the new coaching staff reviews the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
    #1 Cut Kelsay, McGee and Fitzpatrick
    #2 Sign Alex Smith and Anthony Spencer
    Alex Smith will cost more than Fitz with similar production. Why do ppl keep wanting this???

I am always interested to see how fans value certain players over others...

For some reason 90% of this board was screaming for Fred Jackson to be signed. His signing did not improve this team at ALL because we had Spiller right behind Jackson. It may even be argued that signing FRED may have actually hurt teh bills on the field because Fred's presence took away from Spiller's field time...

However, a lot of people are luke warm towards Levitre. Regardless if you are not overly-impressed with Andy's play, he is still an upgrade over the guy behind him....

It may also be said that a Guard can be more useful or worthy of a contract than a Running back...

anyway, just interesting to see everyone on the Jackson wagon and not really concerned with a superior offensive line
    I don't give my opinion, I administer it

Can't wait for the "buffalo series" where Toronto plays one game a year at the Ralph ?

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    With Wilson, Kelsay, Fitz and McGee chewing up space, there is no excuse why any of them should be on the roster and Levitre isnt
    When are people going to realize that we only have ONE QB on the roster. Fitz will not be the starter next season, but he will be on the team. At least for TC. They will restructure his deal.
    Don't feed the Trolls! Join the movement started by Tates!

Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    If he wants 8-9 million per year I let him walk. With the glaring needs across this roster paying that kind of money to a guard is absurd.
    I for one am with you. At 6.5 mill a year he would be a top 12 paid guard in the nfl. Thats good enough i like him but only pay him what he is worth. Good guy good player just not elite.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    Unless he's wants to go somewhere else, I have a hard time believing the Bills want to lose arguably their best offensive lineman. Especially considering how Nix has said his #1 priority when he took the GM job was to fix both lines. Can't imagine he'd be this close to solidifying our offensive line only to let Levitre walk. Levitre said at the end of the year that on a scale of 1-10 he's a 10 at his desire to be back with the Bills.

I think the best bet is to franchise Byrd and then do whatever it takes to re-sign Levitre.
    I've posted about this probably 100 times by now, but unfortunately I do believe we've seen the last of Levitre in Buffalo.

Not necessarily because of him wanting to leave because I think he would like to stay, but because of money.

He's easily the best guard available, if not the best overall olineman period this year in FA. And because of that he's going to get a huge deal, probably close to Carl Nick if not the same/more.

And because of this I feel we'll have to pass.....I guess I look at this way, would you rather keep Levitre to a huge deal, or be able to sign BOTH an impact FA WR and LB with the same money we would give to him. My choice is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by dddaryl View Post
    I fail to see why anyone is concerned. I have no doubts that Levitre will be resigned
    No offense but you are likely going to be very disappointed when the exact opposite happens.

I say good riddance. We can sign Rhinehart for half the money, if not less than that, and I think that you will see little drop off. The Bills will draft an olineman in the 1st round though, imo.
    Don't feed the Trolls! Join the movement started by Tates!

Quote Originally Posted by billsfan7834 View Post
    I say good riddance. We can sign Rhinehart for half the money, if not less than that, and I think that you will see little drop off. The Bills will draft an olineman in the 1st round though, imo.
    This is how I feel at this point as well.

I'd love to keep Levitre but I'd rather spend the money elsewhere, including locking Byrd up for life.

if i had to pick 1 I pick Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeAndy View Post
    With Wilson, Kelsay, Fitz and McGee chewing up space, there is no excuse why any of them should be on the roster and Levitre isnt
    This. We shouldn't be paying a bunch bums 3-4 million a year and refuse to pay Levitre 7-8. Levitre is a great guard, only 26, and is never injured.

And you know Wood and Urbik are going down at some point in the season, we need to keep Levitre.

I would like to see him back. Nix says we build through the draft and resign our own. Having said that, if Levitre is delusional and feels he is entitled to top 10 money for his postion I say let him walk. We can't spend all our money on guards. Byrd is a playmaker and should be resigned as a priority.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"