Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what would you rather have??

Default what would you rather have??

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Draft Barkley of Geno this year and they turn into day 1 starters and have solid careers to the likes of Tony Romo without the INTs.....or Draft Nassib who needs work and does ok for the first 2 years but then takes off and has a career like Brady? Obvioulsy you can mix match names all you want, but the basic question is day 1 good starter or 3rd year hall of famer???? Because thats what you have in this draft, no one really looks like a day 1 stud but they all have what it takes to develop into a stud.

So you're asking would I rather have Tony Romo or Tom Brady?

Nassib is not Brady and Geno/Barkley are not Romo..... Thread FAIL

Barkley is more a Flacco. Everyone claims that he's terrible but is actually quite good. I could live with that.

Trent Dilfer says Tebow is a completely different QB. And he has a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by MoormanRules8 View Post
    So you're asking would I rather have Tony Romo or Tom Brady?

Nassib is not Brady and Geno/Barkley are not Romo..... Thread FAIL
    please remove your head from what ever dark hole it is in and read the post...clearly it says switch the names anyway you want...and no I'm not asking if you want romo or brady, I am asking if you want a good day 1 starter or a guy that needs time to develope but turns into a hall of famer.....its not a hard question well, not for most people I guess

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    please remove your head from what ever dark hole it is in and read the post...clearly it says switch the names anyway you want...and no I'm not asking if you want romo or brady, I am asking if you want a good day 1 starter or a guy that needs time to develope but turns into a hall of famer.....its not a hard question well, not for most people I guess
    Everyone on here ideally wants a player who can come in tomorrow and be a starter with the potential of being a super star. No one is going to say "I want a guy who is good but will never be great". The whole premise of this thread is idiotic.

Everyone on here ideally wants a player who can come in tomorrow and be a starter with the potential of being a super star. No one is going to say "I want a guy who is good but will never be great". The whole premise of this thread is idiotic.
    no its not, because you dont know if the guys that need work will ever make it...so its a bigger risk than those considered day 1 starters. The pay off with a developmental QB could be great or it could fail, are yu willing to take the risk or would you settle for the day 1 starter that we know iwll be good but doesnt have IT

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    Barkley is more a Flacco. Everyone claims that he's terrible but is actually quite good. I could live with that.
    Please explain to me why you think he is good? What has he done in his collegiate career that says this guy can play? Ive tried but i cant come up w ANYTHING!!!! Flacco he is not! No where nears the cannon Joe has! Or any other intangibles!

You're still asking whether or not someone wants a Romo or a Brady......

No thought needed....end.
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

You may want to start picking your shade of lipstick because when EJ comes out and does well this year, you wont have enough time to pick one out before you have to kneel down and kiss his ***.

Quote Originally Posted by sugashanea69 View Post
    Please explain to me why you think he is good? What has he done in his collegiate career that says this guy can play? Ive tried but i cant come up w ANYTHING!!!! Flacco he is not! No where nears the cannon Joe has! Or any other intangibles!
    What have you tried? Please enlighten us.
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

You may want to start picking your shade of lipstick because when EJ comes out and does well this year, you wont have enough time to pick one out before you have to kneel down and kiss his ***.

Is this question essentially Romo or Brady?

Anybody who could possibly answer Romo (minus the interceptions, as you said) over Brady should be admitted into an institution.

Do I want a day 1 starter or a hall of famer after sitting for a year or two?

Would you like me to pay you 500,000 now or wait to years and have me pay you 1,000,000?

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_GoBills View Post
    That is probably the best comparison for Barkley I have seen. Obviously not on the physical tools but for how he is viewed as opposed to his actual production and ability.
    Free Agents Signed 2014
    Brandon Spikes - ILB
    Keith Rivers - OLB (SAM)
    Chris Williams - OG
    Corey Graham - CB
    Anthony Dixon - RB

2014 Draft - Updated 5/6 Trade Down to 16
    1st - Zack Martin, OT/OG, Norte Dame
    2nd - Austin Seferina-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    2nd - Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
    3rd - Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
    4th - Bishop Sanky, RB, Washington
    5th - Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech
    6th - Mike Williams, WR, Tampa Bay (Trade)
    7th - Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson

I'll take both a great starter now and a HOFer later! Settling for just one is too much to ask!

I'm just playin. Although it can been done. Look at the road Luck, RGIII, and Wilson are on. Roethlisberger is also a similar story.

In all seriousness, I think I would be happy with watching a QB whom I felt like was building to something, even if there were some bumps and bruises. Its the bumps and bruises without the hope that stinks. I haven't felt that in a while. We can name who we want, but none of them felt to me as if we were actually moving somewhere and building a team for the future......much of it felt like empty wishes (even JP, which may not have all been his fault).
    Kent Hull was the example.

Nothing like watching a player who went about things the right way, played for the right reasons........... and then lived a life of purpose after he stepped off the field!

why put the names in if not the intention to draw comparisons - it is okay to say something like would you rather have a guy that starts from day one but never reaches elite level (Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, etc.) or a project or mid round pick that develops into an elite/HOF level QB like Brady?

You put Geno in there, you put Nassib in there - that infers that you think they are comparable to Romo and Brady - don't blame the flamers, blame the person that gave them the fuel and the match.
    Adopt-a-Bill 2014 Marquise Goodwin

I generally do not respond in threads like this, it is best to just let them die, but in an effort to be a nice guy, the only way I see you being happy with Romo from day one as opposed to Brady three years later is if you do not want to wait the three years for Nassib to mature and you spend most of your effort building the defense into a juggernaut who can still win with an average QB at the helm. It comes out of desperation to end the playoff drought. That is the only justification I can make for this. But that is stupid and should never be done. It is like taking home a girl with a lazy eye and bad breath, just so you can say you hooked up with someone, rather than date the model with the PHD in Astrophysics because she makes you wait.

Draft Barkley of Geno this year and they turn into day 1 starters and have solid careers to the likes of Tony Romo without the INTs.....or Draft Nassib who needs work and does ok for the first 2 years but then takes off and has a career like Brady? Obvioulsy you can mix match names all you want, but the basic question is day 1 good starter or 3rd year hall of famer???? Because thats what you have in this draft, no one really looks like a day 1 stud but they all have what it takes to develop into a stud.
    The question should be, Do we find a QB in FA to run the offense, stick with Fitzpatrick, or find a QB in the draft to run the offense. At first i thought we would trade down in the draft and select someone like Barkley or Wilson but the more i think about it. If Geno Smith falls to the 5th pick i think we will trade up with Detriot.

if those paid a lot of $$$ to figure this out can't do more than purely guess about NFL prospects, people on this board are worth .01% of that...

I am not giving you my answer ,you will figure it out on you own

Buffalo has missed the playoffs for 14 straight years and the patience level is super low

Time is running out......

You pick......

Quote Originally Posted by THE SLAMMER View Post
    I am not giving you my answer ,you will figure it out on you own

Buffalo has missed the playoffs for 14 straight years and the patience level is super low

Time is running out......

You pick......

Raymond Burr was a better fit for you, Slammer...

Nassib comparison to Brady LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great!!!! Nassib = career back up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnerjk View Post
    Why are you that mad about a jersey tucking?
    “As hard as it is for me to actually say this, I have to say that I am a fan of The Ohio State University,” Tim Tebow
    "Those are not at all to be tolerated who deny the being of God." John Locke