Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what would you rather have??

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I think the question in your post boils down to... would I rather have a fast starting QB that has an above average career or a slow starting QB that has a HOF career. My answer is a slow starting QB that has a HoF career even if he starts slow the first couple years.

I'm not sure that there is any QB in this draft that wouldn't benefit from not being rushed into starting, nor is it a given that a QB drafted later is going to end up being better. I just don't get the point of asking a question in which every condition is an unsupported hypothetical. I suppose, I could say that having a great QB who will start for more than adecade, but needs a little time before he starts, is better than having a very good QB who can start from day one, but since we know nothing about how the careers of any of these young prospects will turn out, what's the point?
    My adopt-a-Bill is Cordy Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    Do I want a day 1 starter or a hall of famer after sitting for a year or two?

Would you like me to pay you 500,000 now or wait to years and have me pay you 1,000,000?
    Actually the comparison is more like : would you like me to pay you 500,000 now or wait two years and MAYBE Ill pay you 100,000,000 or maybe you ll have nothing.
    There is no guarantee that a developmental QB would actually develop into anything good... Of course , there is no guarantee that picking a guy touted as a 1st day starter will be good either..
    Keep the faith and don't forget to flush .

What the **** is the point of this thread?

Everyone clearly wants the guy who will eventually have the more successful career. Unfortunately there isn't a clear sure thing this year like Andrew luck or Robert Griffin III

Once again ladies and gents, The Ballad of mykidsdad...

I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanDaMan View Post
    Do I want a day 1 starter or a hall of famer after sitting for a year or two?

Would you like me to pay you 500,000 now or wait to years and have me pay you 1,000,000?
    good analogy...kinda, problem with it is waiting a year or two doesnt mean your project will pan out, it could fail.....so it would be more like 500,000 today or maybe a million in a year but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    Once again ladies and gents, The Ballad of mykidsdad...

clever enough to make jokes but to stupid to join the conversation...typical loser

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    clever enough to make jokes but to stupid to join the conversation...typical loser
    It's "too" stupid, stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by paintgirl View Post
    Actually the comparison is more like : would you like me to pay you 500,000 now or wait two years and MAYBE Ill pay you 100,000,000 or maybe you ll have nothing.
    There is no guarantee that a developmental QB would actually develop into anything good... Of course , there is no guarantee that picking a guy touted as a 1st day starter will be good either..
    holy crap...someone with a brain.....yes, there is no guerentee either way but the question remains would you take a guerenteed good starting QB or would you take the risk an hope for a developmental hall of famer.....I personally take the risk and develop a guy....

Quote Originally Posted by 54 spielman View Post
    It's "too" stupid, stupid.
    wow...wow just wow still a typical loser....heres a joke for you..what did the Dr tell your mom when you were born? FAIL!!!! nah I'm just kidding you have the right to answer how ever you want, even if it is meaningless

brady is a system qb, take him out of belicheats offense and he is ryan pickspatrick !

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    I'm not sure that there is any QB in this draft that wouldn't benefit from not being rushed into starting, nor is it a given that a QB drafted later is going to end up being better. I just don't get the point of asking a question in which every condition is an unsupported hypothetical. I suppose, I could say that having a great QB who will start for more than adecade, but needs a little time before he starts, is better than having a very good QB who can start from day one, but since we know nothing about how the careers of any of these young prospects will turn out, what's the point?
    there isnt a point, nor is there a need for one....do you feel you need a day 1 starter or are you willing to wait based on potential? thats all, really has nothing to do with the draft, just a question that is inteneded to get away from the boring day to day crap on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    brady is a system qb, take him out of belicheats offense and he is ryan pickspatrick !
    I agree completley, I have had this argument with my brother several times and I think MC showed that to an extent when he played so well and then bombed. unfortunatly it also is an indication to what kind of coach Billy is, an ahole but a good coach

wow...wow just wow still a typical loser....heres a joke for you..what did the Dr tell your mom when you were born? FAIL!!!! nah I'm just kidding you have the right to answer how ever you want, even if it is meaningless
    I've always considered you quite atypical.

Depends, which one would make the better MLB in 5 years? That's the guy I want.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

I want Barkley or Gino or no QB from this draft. The only exception is Manuel in the 3rd but he has to sit

Obviously everyone would love the hall of famer but with buffalo's playoff drought, marrone will and should feel pressured to win right away and i don't see them taking a guy who will take 3 years to finally start playing at a starter level

Draft Barkley of Geno this year and they turn into day 1 starters and have solid careers to the likes of Tony Romo without the INTs.....or Draft Nassib who needs work and does ok for the first 2 years but then takes off and has a career like Brady? Obvioulsy you can mix match names all you want, but the basic question is day 1 good starter or 3rd year hall of famer???? Because thats what you have in this draft, no one really looks like a day 1 stud but they all have what it takes to develop into a stud.
    If any of these lackluster QB's can come close to Tom Brady you take that guy without thinking twice about it, even if he does need to develop.

But the reality of the situation is that none of these guys will probably come close to Tom Brady or any other elite QB.

At best there is probably a Bledsoe like QB in this draft, perhaps Glennon or poor mans RGIII in Geno Smith.

How did Nassib get compared to Brady? I know I have been drinking but how the He** did that happen? BPA and avoid all of this.
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"