Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Agent related...Ravens will be a different team Per Schefter

Default Free Agent related...Ravens will be a different team Per Schefter

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Schefter
    Ravens to be a different team
    "Once Flacco is retained -- and he will be -- Baltimore will be closer to $20 million over the salary cap, which means it will not be able to keep all its free agents and will have to cut players to free up salary-cap space. Two prime candidates are wide receivers Anquan Boldin and Jacoby Jones, whose departures would free up a combined $9 million against the salary cap. Ray Lewis' retirement will save another $3.8 million. Baltimore can restructure the contracts of Terrell Suggs, Marshal Yanda and Haloti Ngata to save another $7 million. But Baltimore will want to try to keep some of its unrestricted free agents such as defensive backs Ed Reed and Cary Williams and linebackers Paul Kruger and Dannell Ellerbe. But it's going to be impossible to bring back everyone. Some yes, most no. It all means that Lewis is hardly the only Raven playing his last game with Baltimore."

I am praying that Ray Lewis returns that way they will not be able to afford resigning Ellerbe my favorite player in Free Agency. I would really like Kruger and Cary Williams as well as OLB and CB are needs too....I think we should grab one of these players in free agency my favorite would be Ellerbe but a stud #2 like Williams or a solid pass rushing OLB who can also play DE in a 4-3 would be super nice as well and if they come from the Ravens they are well coached guys.

I would guess the player they resign is Ellerbe and Reed and Kruger n Cary Williams walk in FA...at OLB they have Suggs n some young guys in the wings and at CB they have Webb coming back from injury and Former 1st rounder Jimmy Smith so unfortunately I think Ellerbe is the one who gets resigned

Cary Williams would be a nice get. Id love Kruger but he cost 7+ million and they already have tons tied up in DE

Quote Originally Posted by PABillsFan23 View Post
    Cary Williams would be a nice get. Id love Kruger but he cost 7+ million and they already have tons tied up in DE

They do have a lot tied up in the Dline, Anderson, IMO, may be cut because of his salary/production is askew. I would like to see Kruger in Bills uni, imagine if Kruger, Dareus, Williams, Williams all bull rushed at the same time, qb's would be getting hurt every week they play the Bills.
    Do your dam^edest in an ostentatious manner all the time" -George S. Patton

Adopt a Bill 2013: Manny Lawson LB

It aint a party till someone slaps Brady around time after time and finally leaves Bellicheck with the " I just pumped the neighbors cat look on his face" for the rest of his tenure as head patsie...

Jets are in the same boat. Some intriguing releases should be available in FA

Cary Williams would be awesome

I want ellerbe!!!

This almost makes me want them to win, Flacco's contract would murder them if he won.
    2014 Adopt a Bill - Mario Williams

A new year, a new hope, go Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    This almost makes me want them to win, Flacco's contract would murder them if he won.
    Doesn't matter either way. He's getting paid. If not, it's adios black birds.
    The day we start seeing the Bills known as the "Wide Right" team again will be the best day Bills fans will have had in over 14 years. Give that a think.

Ellerbe is more important to that team than any other FA (Reed included)...I think they try to do whatever it takes to bring him back...that doesn't mean they will, I'd reallyike Kruger though and Dicksons a RFA I believe and he may not get tendered

Ellerbe, Kruger, or Cary Williams would be fantastic
    If I had to choose one though, it would most likely be Ellerbe

flacco is getting paid win or lose !

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    flacco is getting paid win or lose !
    yep. No way they get rid of him.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

I don't want any of them if they win the Super Bowl, only if they lose.

It's kind of funny that the Jets and Ravens will have to let defensive players go because cap trouble the year we get a D-Coordinator in Pettine who worked for both clubs and could get us a shoe in with his relationships with the players having worked with them.

Quote Originally Posted by PsykoSockPuppet View Post
    It's kind of funny that the Jets and Ravens will have to let defensive players go because cap trouble the year we get a D-Coordinator in Pettine who worked for both clubs and could get us a shoe in with his relationships with the players having worked with them.
    Yeah that is pretty good.

I would take Ellerbe in a heart beat.
    Last edited by sjhbillsfan; 02-01-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    The EJ Haters Club: (guys who would rather EJ lose than the Bills win)
    Jackington
    Brianmoorman4jesus
    Mitchmurraydowntowm
    Buffalo2382
    Machinist
    Schmuggs
    Bonsini383
    BornBillfan
    Orange
    TheDude
    Sampten
    Kozel
    Ramza
    Cherrybone (how did I miss him?)

Let me know who I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by vrubdog View Post
    Schefter
    Ravens to be a different team
    "Once Flacco is retained -- and he will be -- Baltimore will be closer to $20 million over the salary cap, which means it will not be able to keep all its free agents and will have to cut players to free up salary-cap space. Two prime candidates are wide receivers Anquan Boldin and Jacoby Jones, whose departures would free up a combined $9 million against the salary cap. Ray Lewis' retirement will save another $3.8 million. Baltimore can restructure the contracts of Terrell Suggs, Marshal Yanda and Haloti Ngata to save another $7 million. But Baltimore will want to try to keep some of its unrestricted free agents such as defensive backs Ed Reed and Cary Williams and linebackers Paul Kruger and Dannell Ellerbe. But it's going to be impossible to bring back everyone. Some yes, most no. It all means that Lewis is hardly the only Raven playing his last game with Baltimore."

I am praying that Ray Lewis returns that way they will not be able to afford resigning Ellerbe my favorite player in Free Agency. I would really like Kruger and Cary Williams as well as OLB and CB are needs too....I think we should grab one of these players in free agency my favorite would be Ellerbe but a stud #2 like Williams or a solid pass rushing OLB who can also play DE in a 4-3 would be super nice as well and if they come from the Ravens they are well coached guys.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

I don`t know where Schefter got those numbers but Clayton reported a couple of weeks ago the Ravens are 15 million under the cap. That number seems more realistic given that the free agents Flacco, Reed and McKinnie alone clears 21,7 million off the cap, from this year to 2013. The 6 biggest Ravens contracts are Suggs, Ngata, Boldin, Yanda, Rice and Webb increase their cap hit with less then 10 million combined. So where does the remaining 17 million come from? The Ravens really don`t have that many big contracts left. Not with much guranteed money anyway.

I think the Ravens will franchise Flacco. Probably offer Boldin and extension to get his cap number down. Cut or extend Jacoby Jones and cut Matt Birk unless he retires. That frees up some money to get Danell Ellerbe signed, along with a 1st round tender on Pitta and maybe a 2nd round tender on Art Jones, low tenders to the rest of the RFAs the want to keep. With all this, they might give Kruger an offer, but not a big one. Most likely the Ravens lose Ed Reed, Paul Kruger and Cary Williams.
    The Ravens also possibly have 11 draft picks this year, so they can fill quite a few spots with cheap players. Anyway I don`t see Ellerbe and Bolding leaving the Ravens this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    Yeah that is pretty good.

I would take Ellerbe in a heart beat.
    I can't let myself get too excited about this...it is an interesting angle, a really interesting angle.
    The day we start seeing the Bills known as the "Wide Right" team again will be the best day Bills fans will have had in over 14 years. Give that a think.

They will be fine, they are obviously a well run orgainzation, they might miss the playoffs
    for a few years, then draft well, and rebound, because that's what good orgainzations do.
    Bad organizations languish at the bottom, playing handball off the curb for eternity.