Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If You Want A QB That Can Stretch The Field You Draft...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingThatShouldNotBe View Post
    Not only is it good, it is far more telling of a QBs success compared to YPC. Wouldn't want a QB to go 1/10 for 20 yards.
    No, it isn't. All you have to do is also look at the completion percentage for that. Trying to use one stat line to define a QB is asinine. YPC is a decent stat because it essentially puts all QBs on an even plane to judge that yardage number more clearly. It shows someone like Wilson attempts more longer passes, thus a higher YPC but lower completion percentage.

this is a meaningless stat, so why bother posting this? This doesnt show that the QB can or cant stretch the field, it shows what kind of offense he played in and thats all

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    Uh... no, no they aren't. Nassib, for instance, in 2012, threw for 8 YPA, not 6.5 like the OP suggests.
    Nevermind. I was responding to jayryp80 thinking he was questioning the real numbers, not realizing he posted them and was talking about the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsNoDog View Post
    They're correct for the 2012 season, not college career.
    ?

The numbers I posted were correct. The OP's are not even close.
    These words were written:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampten View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd trade Watkins for our first and their (Cleveland) 1st next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    ?

The numbers I posted were correct. The OP's are not even close.
    Read my post above yours.

Barkley in the 1st Manuel in the 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by ghostoflosman View Post
    Would you say that Rivers has the strongest arm in the NFL? Cause he lead that stat for a few years straight.
    Strong arm or not, there is no question Rivers pushes the ball down the field. The two are not always related.
    Before you die Lonestar, there is something you should know... I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.

Quote Originally Posted by djb4500 View Post
    No, it isn't. All you have to do is also look at the completion percentage for that. Trying to use one stat line to define a QB is asinine. YPC is a decent stat because it essentially puts all QBs on an even plane to judge that yardage number more clearly. It shows someone like Wilson attempts more longer passes, thus a higher YPC but lower completion percentage.
    Yes, it is. Like you yourself even pointed out, YPC is meaningless with out knowing the completion percentage. However, I agree using one stat line is asinine. But between YPC and YPA, give me YPA. Why is it good to put all QBs on a level plane? For example, I'm sure it would make Fitz look a lot better because it would essentially throw out his 1-25 completion rate on throws over 20 yards this past season. But leveling the plane for Fitz just helps to cover up his flaws

I would rather take Barkley, and then take Woods....

Man, what a show the Bills could put on!

Quote Originally Posted by djb4500 View Post

No, YPA is the barometer generally used to look at QB efficiency, as it rewards both accuracy and longer throws. As pointed out above, if a QB completed, say 5 of 20 passes for 100 yards on the day, YPC would make that seem like an excellent day. Wow, his YPC was 20 yards per completion, far far above average. League-leading QB right there!! Actually of course that's a crappy day, and YPA makes that obvious. His YPA would be 5.0 very far below average.

Quote Originally Posted by DKTurtle View Post
    Strong arm or not, there is no question Rivers pushes the ball down the field. The two are not always related.
    He's not going anywhere but Rivers behind this oline, I think he puts up those 4,000 plus yards, not the Fitzpatrick statistics he posted last year.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.