Thread: My view on some PFF stats. What you guys think?

Default My view on some PFF stats. What you guys think?

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

So i'm just bored, and found myself on ProFootballFocus.com. I'm sure most of you are familiar with this site, and they specialize in unique stats. They go above and beyond your typical stats and I personally respect most of there numbers and perspectives. So anyway, I was just intrigued by some of the stats that our guys showed up on and just seeing what you guys think. I know alot of these have flaws, and numbers can be skewed but i'm just giving you what these guys researched. It is what it is. Check it-

ER-Elusive Rating
    I think it's well known on here that CJ easily had the best elusive rating according to PFF, but I just wanted to show some more love because I think its very impressive. He also had the best score by any RB since they started this stat 5 years ago. Obviously he and AP are in a class of their own , but Minnesota was also the 6th best Oline in run blocking, while the Bills were 21st.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-lines/3/

So that just adds to the awesomeness of this stat, and adds how special CJ can be, we watched AP take MIN to the playoffs by himself, if we can get some consistent QB play, CJ has the ability to carry this team.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...lusive-rating/

FDA-First downs allowed (Safties)
    This stat just accounts for the percentage of first downs and Td's allowed by a safety when they are in coverage.I don't really like this stat, because I feel it isn't detailed enough, and there's so many other factors but I'm just passing it along and I wanted to post this because Byrd and Wilson were both top ten, this is out of free and short safties, but more importantly our good friend Donte Whitner was on the other end of the spectrum and it was no surprise he gave up the 5th most combined and the most TD's at 8, of any safety in the league. He's a thumper but terrible in coverage, way overrated because he's on SF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...owed-safeties/

YPCS-Yards per coverage snap (CB)
    This stat just tallies how many snaps a CB was in when a pass play was run. It is very interesting seeing Leodis tied for 5th! I know he didn't see many snaps but he played very good at the end of the year . I just didn't realize he gave up that little yardage, pretty impressive imo, and the rest of the guys in the top 15 are pretty **** good themselves . Only thing is, I'm assuming there not counting P.I penalties? So you would obviously have to counter that in, and it's odd they wouldn't account for that too, but anyway, its very interesting, re sign Leodis!!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...s-cornerbacks/

YPRR- Yards per route run(WR)
    Now looking at this yards per route run stat. This stat can be misleading, on determining the best WR's but I think it has more to do with the QB. Now, I'm looking at this and notice that of all the teams with WR's in the bottom 15, only BUF, ARZ, MIN, CLE, KC and OAK didn't also have a WR in the top 15.Oh, and Buffalo has not one but 2 guys on the bottom 15! Just deeper, further proof how bad our QB play was, and how important good QB play is. After looking at this too, it has me leaning toward risking a 1st rd on one of these Qb's coming out. Up until a couple weeks ago, I was all about getting a stud LB or WR, because I didn't see a QB worth it, but at this point I'd rather take one at 8 , rather than miss him in the 2nd round. I mean what good is a Larry Fitzgerald for example, if we have a career 2nd stringer slinging him the rock?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...per-route-run/

Might add more, but here was just a couple, what you fockers think?

bump
    The Patriots make me sick!
    The Jets wont give us a problem!
    Were gonna make sure both of em go swim with the Dolphins!

Nickell Robey will be a STUD in this league!

Am i really the only dude that has a spec of interest in this topic? lol I gotta step my Thread game up ! hs
    The Patriots make me sick!
    The Jets wont give us a problem!
    Were gonna make sure both of em go swim with the Dolphins!

Nickell Robey will be a STUD in this league!

Quote Originally Posted by UnBilleviable View Post
    YPRR- Yards per route run(WR)
    Now looking at this yards per route run stat. This stat can be misleading, on determining the best WR's but I think it has more to do with the QB. Now, I'm looking at this and notice that of all the teams with WR's in the bottom 15, only BUF, ARZ, MIN, CLE, KC and OAK didn't also have a WR in the top 15.Oh, and Buffalo has not one but 2 guys on the bottom 15! Just deeper, further proof how bad our QB play was, and how important good QB play is. After looking at this too, it has me leaning toward risking a 1st rd on one of these Qb's coming out. Up until a couple weeks ago, I was all about getting a stud LB or WR, because I didn't see a QB worth it, but at this point I'd rather take one at 8 , rather than miss him in the 2nd round. I mean what good is a Larry Fitzgerald for example, if we have a career 2nd stringer slinging him the rock?
    Just wondering how Yards per Route Run is a QB stat? IF the WR is running a ROUTE, then that is going to be something that is dictated by the offense, and whatever ***** is in charge of the offense. This stat has nothing to do with Fitz. It shows that our HC was a ****tard and thought you could have a productive offense with your WRs running constant shallow routes. Not to mention the fact that the Bills were one of the top screen teams in the league. Is Fitz the answer at QB? No. But this stat has NOTHING to do with that fact.
    Don't feed the Trolls! Join the movement started by Tates!