Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I haven't seen this posted here so I figured I toss this idea off the wall Joe Flacco

A few novels short of a full bookcase....

Default I haven't seen this posted here so I figured I toss this idea off the wall Joe Flacco

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Ok...So everyone knows Joe Flacco will be a free agent at the end of the season and Flacco will be franchised if they cannot come to an agreement on a long term contract before free agency begins. This is where it could get interesting for us, Joe Flacco hasn't missed a game in his NFL career, he's 28 yr's old and a proven winner. Here is the million dollar question...If indeed Flacco is franchised, should the Bills sign Joe Flacco to a massive contract in hopes that Baltimore simply cannot match our offer?

This would give us a franchise QB entering his prime, sure, we would have to send our #8 overall and next years 1st round draft choice but in my opinion that is a small price to pay for a young franchise QB who is just heading into his prime and is only going to get better. We are already going to lose our #8 pick drafting a QB that is a roll of the dice, and a huge risk. With Flacco, we would be getting a known commodity and well worth the money and draft choice to solidify the QB position for the next 6-7 years.

If this has been talked about here, I very sorry, I haven't seen any posts about this idea...What are your thought, could this work??
    It would seem that at the very least, this would force Baltimore's hand and would likely cost them valuable flexibility to sign other free agents on their own team.
    2014 Draft *Traded with Cleveland for #4 overall. We gave up #9, next years 1st round pick and 4th round pick.

RD 1) #4 SAMMY WATKINS WR CLEMSON
    RD 2) #41 CYRUS KOUANDJIO OT ALABAMA
    RD 3) #71 PRESTON BROWN ILB LOUISVILLE
    RD 4) #109 ROSS COCKRELL CB DUKE
    RD 5) #149 TRADED
    RD 5) #153 CYRIL RICHARDSON OG BAYLOR
    RD 6) TRADED
    RD 7) #221 RANDELL JOHNSON OLB FLORIDA ATLANTIC
    RD 7) #237 SEANTREL HENDERSON OT MIAMI

This has already been posted... Also without any competition - the ravens will already b roughly $20 mill over there cap after re-signing flacco

1 of at least 10 threads ob BBMB -

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...m-Per-Schefter

As I said, I didn't see it...Some of you people crack me up...take yourselves to dang serious. Sorry to ruin your talk about Barkley and Geno Smith. Continue...please. I don't want to interfere with your 75th post...go get em.
    Last edited by I Am Legend; 02-01-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    2014 Draft *Traded with Cleveland for #4 overall. We gave up #9, next years 1st round pick and 4th round pick.

RD 5) #149 TRADED
    RD 6) TRADED

They want to sign him for a lot of money. He wants to stay. I'm betting he won't get franchised, he will have a contract before the end of February.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

The issue with your plan becomes whether or not the Bills can actually afford Flacco. If I recall correctly, he's looking to be the highest paid QB in the league. That's upwards of $20 million per year.

Cash-to-cap accounting aside, I don't know if the Bills have enough cap room to afford that big of a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koko78 View Post
    The issue with your plan becomes whether or not the Bills can actually afford Flacco. If I recall correctly, he's looking to be the highest paid QB in the league. That's upwards of $20 million per year.

Cash-to-cap accounting aside, I don't know if the Bills have enough cap room to afford that big of a hit.
    You could be correct but it would be worth an effort. If we could pull it off, I would be very happy. Waiting for a franchise QB for our team has been unbearable..

RD 5) #149 TRADED
    RD 6) TRADED

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Legend View Post
    As I said, I didn't see it...Some of you people crack me up...take yourselves to dang serious. Sorry to ruin your talk about Barkley and Geno Smith. Continue...please. I don't want to interfere with your 75th post...go get em.
    Sorry... Wasnt tryin to b a ****! Just tryin to help n point u in the right direction! My apologies

There is no way they are going to let him go.

I just can't see him leaving Baltimore.... its not impossible, just highly unlikely....besides, do you think he would even want to entertain the thought of Buffalo, even if the money would be huge?
    2014 Adopt A Bill - EJ Manuel

If the off season and training camp determined the Super Bowl winners for that year.....the Dolphins would have 7 rings.

This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of

Quote Originally Posted by Spillz28 View Post
    Almost as ridiculous as your mock?? Draft another CB...awesome...We must lead the NFL in first round CB's...No thanks. I wonder how all the other teams make it without drafting CB in the first round evry other year?? Oh I know, they have a pass rush. Another guy that knows it all with 61 posts...Great job

RD 5) #149 TRADED
    RD 6) TRADED

Quote Originally Posted by Spillz28 View Post
    why is it so ridiculous? one can debate if this is the best way to end our franchise QB drought, but it IS a way to end it. you don't think Flacco is wroth two 1sts?

considering our 1st round record the last 10 years, yes, he sure is.

and if the money is ridiculous, the response is that is what a proven playoff winning QB who can make every throw costs. and he might have a ring in 3 days to add to his impressive resume.

ridiculous is a $59,000,000 deal to Fitz, even if only $20 is guaranteed.
    Jason
    Toronto, Canada
    Go Bills!!!

The doctors, the lawyers and G-men are living in fear!

No worries bro. I just get frustrated at all the mock talk and try to throw a different angle out there and get beat up..It's all good man.

RD 5) #149 TRADED
    RD 6) TRADED

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Legend View Post
    Ok...So everyone knows Joe Flacco will be a free agent at the end of the season and Flacco will be franchised if they cannot come to an agreement on a long term contract before free agency begins. This is where it could get interesting for us, Joe Flacco hasn't missed a game in his NFL career, he's 28 yr's old and a proven winner. Here is the million dollar question...If indeed Flacco is franchised, should the Bills sign Joe Flacco to a massive contract in hopes that Baltimore simply cannot match our offer?

This would give us a franchise QB entering his prime, sure, we would have to send our #8 overall and next years 1st round draft choice but in my opinion that is a small price to pay for a young franchise QB who is just heading into his prime and is only going to get better. We are already going to lose our #8 pick drafting a QB that is a roll of the dice, and a huge risk. With Flacco, we would be getting a known commodity and well worth the money and draft choice to solidify the QB position for the next 6-7 years.

If this has been talked about here, I very sorry, I haven't seen any posts about this idea...What are your thought, could this work??
    It would seem that at the very least, this would force Baltimore's hand and would likely cost them valuable flexibility to sign other free agents on their own team.
    There's zero chance Flacco leaves Baltimore and even if he did there's zero chance we get him.

However....because the Ravens are going to have to pay him a huge deal, Anquan Boldin is going to get released and other key FA's like Paul Kruger won't be resigned.

I would sure love one or both of those guys....

Would love to have Flaaco but I think there is no chance he is not a Raven next year. The guy has proven himself year after year. He is now a Super Bowl QB. They have Zero options outside of him. They will do whatever it takes to keep him. For all the arguements that you have, that the Bills could steal him, are the exact arguements on why he will still be a Raven. They will lose a good portion of their defense but they are set at QB, which is the toughest position to get right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7975 View Post
    Would love to have Flaaco but I think there is no chance he is not a Raven next year. The guy has proven himself year after year. He is now a Super Bowl QB. They have Zero options outside of him. They will do whatever it takes to keep him. For all the arguements that you have, that the Bills could steal him, are the exact arguements on why he will still be a Raven. They will lose a good portion of their defense but they are set at QB, which is the toughest position to get right.
    Exactly Scott....most teams (like the Bills) would sell their souls and trade away most of their good players for an elite franchise QB.

No way Flacco is getting away, but we might be able to benefit from the situation and land a guy like Kruger or Boldin.

If it took 20 million a year to get Flacco, I'd be furious at my team for biting.

He's just not good enough to deserve that type of investment.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Joe Flacco is a winner. Why on earth would he ever come to buffalo?

I like Flacco, I just don't know if he is worth $20 million, 2 first round picks, and possibly Byrd and/or Levitre because we would not have enough money left to sign them.

Baltimore probably will resign him, I understand that, but if Nix and Co. Believe he is the answer, it doesn't hurt anyone to try and do it. The worse case scenario for them is Balt matches.

Like other posters stated though, they have less money than we do. If they resign Flacco, there will be some big name cuts, and losing of FA's.
    2014 Adopt a Bill---Chris Williams