Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reed not in...

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by bills4ver View Post
    reed > harrison plus no way Harrison is a 1st year HOF'er
    in what world is Reed better than Marvin Harrison?

Quote Originally Posted by ermaniron View Post
    I don't understand why Sapp is a first ballot player, I didn't think he was all that good either way, and wouldn't consider him a hall of famer. I do like him on tv and the other things he does. I don't get why Carter got in over reed, they both should be in there. Hopefully next year.....
    Sapp was awesome: a no-brainer choice. Carter was better than Reed but both should have been in years ago.

Just wait till ****ing Jerome Bettis and his 3.9 YPC and no receiving gets in next year...UGH

How did Larry Allen get in. I mean I know he was a good player but I thought he was part of the players who constantly got arrested on the jail boys team.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBillsFanSince1973 View Post
    thought it wasn't going to be announced until 5:30 tomorrow?

oh, well. if he missed it this many times, he'll never get in. I guess kent, bruce, jim, thurman and levy were worthy. can't get all the glory days guys in. personally I would of liked talley given a look but he too is just a small part of the group of great players this team had back in the day, the day of contenders.

I'm sure one poster here will now be able to gloat after his immense and radical debate earlier in discrediting andre and why he should never be in the hall.
    They alway announce the HOF the night before the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by vdub07 View Post
    How did Larry Allen get in. I mean I know he was a good player but I thought he was part of the players who constantly got arrested on the jail boys team.
    Larry Allen, I'm pretty sure, has literally never been in any trouble.

And it doesn't matter anyway.

It was a good class. Reed is deserving but you can't point at any of those players chosen and say they shouldn't be there.

thought it wasn't going to be announced until 5:30 tomorrow?

oh, well. if he missed it this many times, he'll never get in. I guess kent, bruce, jim, thurman and levy were worthy. can't get all the glory days guys in. personally I would of liked talley given a look but he too is just a small part of the group of great players this team had back in the day, the day of contenders.

I'm sure one poster here will now be able to gloat after his immense and radical debate earlier in discrediting andre and why he should never be in the hall.
    I know you are talking about me, but honestly, like I said in the other thread, I wanted to be wrong. Never would I gloat about that.

Quote Originally Posted by D2k View Post
    I know you are talking about me, but honestly, like I said in the other thread, I wanted to be wrong. Never would I gloat about that.
    I see your making your rounds..

I see your making your rounds..
    What does that mean? You called me out, and I was simply saying that I wont gloat (although I could if I wanted too).

throwback

Quote Originally Posted by D2k View Post
    What does that mean? You called me out, and I was simply saying that I wont gloat (although I could if I wanted too).
    you actually are in your own nonchalant way.

instead of 30+ posts as to why you felt "one of your favorite players" was not worthy of a bust in canton and going on the rampage as you did yesterday you could of made one or even two in defense of your reasoning.

there are a couple more threads on the topic you may of missed, maybe you should happen by and stress how you didn't need nor want to gloat..

you actually are in your own nonchalant way.

instead of 30+ posts as to why you felt "one of your favorite players" was not worthy of a bust in canton and going on the rampage as you did yesterday you could of made one or even two in defense of your reasoning.

there are a couple more threads on the topic you may of missed, maybe you should happen by and stress how you didn't need nor want to gloat..
    So how did I not defend my reasoning? There were 7 pages worth of my reasoning.

Reed belongs in the Hall....but I dont know that he'll get there unless there's a change in the selection process. Because I dont think he belongs in over Marvin Harrison and I dont really think he belongs in over Brown either (though I'd say theyre about equal).

If you're a HoF player, you should get in. Its really that simple. Why it has to turn into a political process of deal making and allegiance is completely beyond me.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    If you're a HoF player, you should get in. Its really that simple. Why it has to turn into a political process of deal making and allegiance is completely beyond me.
    It makes the sports writers feel self-important and gives them several weeks worth of material to write articles about, making up crap to defend their arbitrary decisions.

The whole process is stupid. First year of elibigility either you are good enough or you aren't. This whole debate every year is dumb to me.

My only issue with Reed is that the HOF horribly neglects lineman for skill players. They're gonna induct Jerome ****ing Bettis and leave out lineman who are far more deserving

Quote Originally Posted by forever 7-9 View Post
    My only issue with Reed is that the HOF horribly neglects lineman for skill players. They're gonna induct Jerome ****ing Bettis and leave out lineman who are far more deserving
    Same with special teamers. There is no reason that Ray Guy and Steve Tasker aren't in the HoF.

The voting sports media is quickly making the HOF as big a joke as the Pro-bowl. Sapp getting in is absolutely laughable. The guy was good but not that good. Voting for your media brethren is just childish and thats what they're doing. In my mind; until Reed gets in it holds no credibility at all. Tasker should also be there. If you've ever listened to some of the *****s justify why they can't vote for him it's like listening to high school girls argue about who should be homecoming queen.
    "The only thing better than a pitcher of Bud Light and a dozen wings is; another pitcher of Bud Light and another dozen wings."

Quote Originally Posted by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry View Post
    Reed belongs in the Hall....but I dont know that he'll get there unless there's a change in the selection process. Because I dont think he belongs in over Marvin Harrison and I dont really think he belongs in over Brown either (though I'd say theyre about equal).

i know, it's the first time in the history of voting that this has happened.

must be truly awful for people seeing this happen the first time they paid attention this weekend to a HOF vote.

hopefully this doesn't happen next year....