Thread: Reed again overlooked for 2013 Hall of Fame class

Default Reed again overlooked for 2013 Hall of Fame class

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

A perennial logjam has been seen as the biggest obstacle in keeping Bills all-time leading receiver Andre Reed from being selected for enshrinement for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. On Saturday ...

Click Here For Full Story...

Yup, this is BS but I'm not giving up hope because I know he belongs there an eventually everyone else will figure it out.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

Doesn't have great numbers.

The Buffalo Bills organization should make this year the year of Andre Reed. Honor the guy throughout the year and make the push for him to get in. I don't see how a little help from the organization can hurt, he deserves it. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBillsFan View Post
    Doesn't have great numbers.
    Different era today, look at the numbers of some of the WR's who did get in from the same era:

Andre Reed
    951 Rec
    13,198 YDS
    87 TDs

Monk 940, 12,721, 68
    Irvin 750, 11,904, 65
    Lofton 764, 14,004, 74

Give me a freakin' break, how is Andre Reed not in the HOF with 7 Pro Bowl appearances and 4 Super Bowl appearances? Numbers. Right.
    Note to Russ Brandon: Potential sells tickets in September and October, winning sells tickets in November and December.

Andre has been a finalist now seven times, that makes him 0-11 on Superbowl weekend, this is the fourth straight year that he made it to the final ten. The man made his living going over the middle when that meant something. This is a joke. He should be in.

Disgusting joke.
    “In retrospect, there would be little motivation even for malevolent extraterrestrials to attack the Earth; perhaps, after a preliminary survey, they might decide it is more expedient just to be patient for a little while and wait for us to self-destruct.”
    ― Carl Sagan

Disgusting.

Andre is the Rush of the football Hof. Should've been in loooooong ago.

Although the year, Rush finally made it into the rock n roll Hof. This gives me hope for Andre.

Im sick of the campaining he gets every year on countdown.well they finally got their wish,at least we don't have to hear them sucking up any more.

what else is new.....

Only if he won a Super Bowl he would be in.

Someplace that you'd rather be. Right here, right now.

It's not surprising. He's a borderline HOF type player who probably should be in, and he probably will get in either in 2014 or 2015. Carter retired as a statistical leader at his position, so he was going to get in ahead of Reed. Reed and Tim Brown are the last two "marginal HOF" WRs in this logjam, and my money says Reed gets in and Brown doesn't. But I've been saying it for 3 or 4 years now, we needed Carter to get in so that it opened up some room to get Reed in afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cribbs20 View Post
    Different era today, look at the numbers of some of the WR's who did get in from the same era:

Andre Reed
    951 Rec
    13,198 YDS
    87 TDs

Monk 940, 12,721, 68
    Irvin 750, 11,904, 65
    Lofton 764, 14,004, 74

Give me a freakin' break, how is Andre Reed not in the HOF with 7 Pro Bowl appearances and 4 Super Bowl appearances? Numbers. Right.
    Are those numbers on Lofton correct? He averaged 18.77 yards per catch. That's amazing.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

Face it folks
    Reed ain't getting in

And even worse
    who knows when another Bill will even be up for consideration

All these years of futility have really hurt us

i dont know why tim brown sounded off and made conspiracy theories about super bowls all this week . i always thought of him as a stand up guy before and it will only hurt his chances for next year if it comes between him and reed for a wr entry. i would have held out parcells this year because im surprised that voters considered him finished to be a certainty.
    If you made the WALL of Suck, chances are you were right about Clausen

Reed needs to get a job working for ESPN or NFL Network. That seems to be the way to get in nowadays.

These asshat media electors choose their friends and ignore the rest.