Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOF is HORRIBLE

Default HOF is HORRIBLE

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

please someone tell me how the only WR in the previous 3 years to make the cut from 15 to 10...Carter and Brown both eliminated before the final 10....doesnt get in the HOF but the guy eliminated before him the previous 3 years does?

How in the world does this make sense? Especially when Reed played in 4 super bowls and was a key part of the most dominant offense of the 90s..on top of that they have nearly identical stats.
    You cant tell me that Carter being on TV every weekend didnt help him and thats not fair.

Carter
    1,101 receptions
    13,899 receiving yards
    130 TD's

Reed
    951 receptions
    13,198 receiving yards
    87 TD's

Neither player has won a Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by lilfaith24 View Post
    please someone tell me how the only WR in the previous 3 years to make the cut from 15 to 10...Carter and Brown both eliminated before the final 10....doesnt get in the HOF but the guy eliminated before him the previous 3 years does?

How in the world does this make sense? Especially when Reed played in 4 super bowls and was a key part of the most dominant offense of the 90s..on top of that they have nearly identical stats.
    You cant tell me that Carter being on TV every weekend didnt help him and thats not fair.
    Several voters work for Espn, so does Carter. Nuff said.
    Draft:
    1) Eric Ebron TE
    2) Moses Morgan OT
    3) Shane Skov ILB
    4) Michael Sam DE/Olb
    5) James Wilder Jr RB
    6) best player available
    7) best player available

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    Bingo.

Oh mykidsdad...
    I am not a number, I am a free robot.

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    you are the biggest nuthugging,clueless poster on this board !!!

Reed should get a job with them. then he's in.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

LOL. what? The media hating Cris Carter is the only reason it took him this long to get in.

Its going to get harder for Andre Reed to get in because receivers that have better numbers than him are going to be eligible soon

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
    Its going to get harder for Andre Reed to get in because receivers that have better numbers than him are going to be eligible soon
    I have a feeling he'll never get in.
    Originally Posted by Griff
    I'm a Bills fan, I don't feel gloom, I've been baptized in fire. Wide right, Music City Forward Lateral, Pittsburgh's third stringers, 13 years, at this point nothing but moving the team would make me feel the gloom

There's a case for Reed either way. I wouldn't be shocked if he ever got in.

carter is a tool and yes man for espn !

Quote Originally Posted by Spillz28 View Post
    Carter
    1,101 receptions
    13,899 receiving yards
    130 TD's

Reed
    951 receptions
    13,198 receiving yards
    87 TD's

Neither player has won a Super Bowl
    look at the time they played. Reed played on a team with Thurman Thomas. A HOF RB in a time where the league was still more run heavy than pass heavy. In Carters best season he hauled in 122 catches for 1371 yards and 17 touchdowns. That same year the Vikings rushing attack didn't have a 1,000 yard rusher. their top rusher was Robert Smith who had 632 yards.
    in Andre's best season he had 90 catches for 1303 yards and 8 Tds. Thurman had 287 rushes for over 1000 yards that season. The team had 342 completions vs Minn having 402. That is a good enough reason right there for Carters increase of stats vs Andre .
    Owner of the Myrtle Beach Marauders of the BBSFL.
    Interested in BBSFL come check us out

Marauders Trade Block

Quote Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
    Cheers to Budda... One brilliant bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Budda View Post
    look at the time they played. Reed played on a team with Thurman Thomas. A HOF RB in a time where the league was still more run heavy than pass heavy. In Carters best season he hauled in 122 catches for 1371 yards and 17 touchdowns. That same year the Vikings rushing attack didn't have a 1,000 yard rusher. their top rusher was Robert Smith who had 632 yards.
    in Andre's best season he had 90 catches for 1303 yards and 8 Tds. Thurman had 287 rushes for over 1000 yards that season. The team had 342 completions vs Minn having 402. That is a good enough reason right there for Carters increase of stats vs Andre .
    Reed had a HOF QB in Jim Kelly. Who did Carter have? Warren Moon for 3 years and Jeff George, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Daunte Culpepper? Reed had the better QB by far.

Karma's a b* and Andre Reed is fighting Karma! I'm not the only one around here who has experienced it.
    GO BILLS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spillz28 View Post
    Reed had a HOF QB in Jim Kelly. Who did Carter have? Warren Moon for 3 years and Jeff George, Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Daunte Culpepper? Reed had the better QB by far.
    and still, those QBs passed more than Kelly did overall.
    Owner of the Myrtle Beach Marauders of the BBSFL.
    Interested in BBSFL come check us out

Marauders Trade Block

Quote Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
    Cheers to Budda... One brilliant bastard

Quote Originally Posted by BUFF BANDIT View Post
    carter is a tool and yes man for espn !
    yes he is.

It's a tough debate. I mean honestly we hear Randy Moss say he's the best WR ever. Jerry Rice takes offense to that. However, Jerry Rice also played with two HOF QB's. Hahaha! I think Andre Reed and Tom Brown both get in next year.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

although I only remember watching the end of their careers..Carter was better than Reed no doubt in my mind...Reed will get in but it might be a lonnnng time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Budda View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I'm trying to look at this objectively. Carter had 42 more touchdown catches is pry what propelled him past Reed into the HOF. Another argument is that Reed had a consistent HOF QB while Carter played with many good, but not great quarterbacks. I think they should have both gotten in, but I don't disagree with Carter getting in before Reed.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoSerious View Post
    That's part of the problem. Numbers aren't everything. Does 4 straight Super Bowls amongst other playoff appearances count for nothing?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - Jorge Santayana