View Poll Results: Cut or keep Stevie per Schoops suggestion.

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep him, Schoop is stupid

90 93.75%
  • Cut him, Stevie's more trouble than he is worth.

6 6.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simple question about Stevie

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by PRBills View Post
    Im only askin because if SJ didnt work out - then the 2 of u must have very similar bodies?! I wish i could look like that & not have to do anything for it... I work out at least 4 times a week & i work construction & my body dont look nothin like that!!!!!
    I eat nothing but candy, twinkies and drink nothing but sugar-laden pop while sitting on my couch every day.

I can run a 4.24 40. I'm also an Olympic gold medalist in 20 different events and the UFC Heavyweight Champion.

You must be doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Koko78 View Post
    I eat nothing but candy, twinkies and drink nothing but sugar-laden pop while sitting on my couch every day.

I can run a 4.24 40. I'm also an Olympic gold medalist in 20 different events and the UFC Heavyweight Champion.

You must be doing something wrong.
    yeah buddy!!!!....... U r just like Stevie!

Wouldn't cut him, but would look to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by buffaloftw View Post
    And apparently Stevie the entertainer spends more time thinking of new phrases for his undershirts than he does working out in the off-season
    and also spends time being the only buffalo bill to have 3x 1000 yd rec seasons so id say its working
    Go Bills
    sec 140 row 2 all season

CJ Spiller barely played last year, we should cut him!
    May The Schwartz Be With You.

Adopt-a-Bill 2013-14 Nickell Robey "The Diminutive DB"

Quote Originally Posted by blofan4life View Post
    I'm glad you're not the GM. There's no way we would be able to replace his production with whatever draft pick we would acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanbry View Post
    I'm glad you're not the GM. There's no way we would be able to replace his production with whatever draft pick we would acquire.
    LOLOLOL because a 1000 yard, average wide receiver is so irreplaceable? I don't want to get rid of him, but this isn't Jerry Rice we're talking about here.

LOLOLOL because a 1000 yard, average wide receiver is so irreplaceable? I don't want to get rid of him, but this isn't Jerry Rice we're talking about here.
    Newsflash: WRs bust more than 50% of the time. If you think you will get a perennial 1000 yard receiver with a 2nd or 3rd round pick you are delusional. The chances of getting a WR as good as Stevie with any pick we get are what, 10-15%? That sounds like great decision making. Even a lot of non-busts never become more than 600 yard #3's.

LOLOLOL

Glad you aren't the GM either.

Rex Ryan voted no.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

people are crazy, listening to people upset on the John M. show about SJ's comments. This is how i see it, SJ does not have to do the off season program to get better, he knows what he has to do and he has 3 1000 yard seasons, can he get better? Who knows? People say, they pay to see him play and he should do his best to reach max limit. Does SJ or others run around talking about other peoples job and how they can get better at it? I bet MOST of the people complaining about this don't even try or even come close of being good at there job like SJ does. Like most of you know, Schoop is no where as good at his job then what SJ is. JMO

Wow I can't believe one person voted cut him. I knew I should have made the results public.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

Schopp did not say he wants to cut Stevie. He said he would be open to moving him one way or another, cut or trade. Being open to the idea and wanting them are two very different things.

I think cutting Stevie would be a terrible move, he's not a bad receiver, he's just not performing to his potential (self admitted). And trading him wouldn't be worth it, as we probably wouldn't get more than a 4th round pick for him.

Unfortunately your poll does not have a "keep him, Schopp is not stupid" option, so I can't vote.
    Be real...Schopp cut off Bulldog and spoke over and louder than him everytime he said that cutting him would be a crazy thing to do. He also said that they've lost games with him. (Inference - what would they be loosing without him on the team.)

A 13.2 YPC with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball? How much of Fitz's 6.7 YPC is due to YAC yards....especially given all the screens we called? This is the Moulds argument all over again. Put Moulds in Indianapolis and he's a HOFer as he had as much, if not more skill than Harrison. What would his YPC be if his QB hit him in stride consistently? What EMO couldn't get 15K in yards when he got 10K with Collins, Flutie, Johnson, etc....

Here's a question for you...is Stevie a 79 or 95 catch guy or is Fitzpatick a more of a 5.2 YPC or 7.6 YPC QB? Boldin, Jones, Smith all have 13.5 YPC or higher. Isn't Stevie one of those guys if Flacco's throwing him the ball? He's sitting on a 13.2 stat now?

Check the stats of the WRs rated above Stevie and who's throwing them the ball.
    Last edited by jcmccall; 02-03-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by blofan4life View Post
    For what? What's the return...another 4th round pick? Oy vey.
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Although I would not cut him, he truly might be the most overrated player in team history by this board.

He is slightly above average at best, certainly not top 25 in the league...............just shows the sorry state this team is in that some fans think he is a difference maker.

I don't believe he is responsible for ever winning a game for this franchise, although he has lost at least two!

If he ever grows up and learns to be a team player instead of only concerning himself with himself (and if he learns to shut his big mouth.) he could end up being a respectable #2 receiver for this team.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmbills View Post
    people are crazy, listening to people upset on the John M. show about SJ's comments. This is how i see it, SJ does not have to do the off season program to get better, he knows what he has to do and he has 3 1000 yard seasons, can he get better? Who knows? People say, they pay to see him play and he should do his best to reach max limit. Does SJ or others run around talking about other peoples job and how they can get better at it? I bet MOST of the people complaining about this don't even try or even come close of being good at there job like SJ does. Like most of you know, Schoop is no where as good at his job then what SJ is. JMO
    I look at it as how good are you as a wide receiver in the NFL when your cleanly beat Revis off the snap and your QB throws the ball 10 feet over your head?

Another QB shakeup is one the way and unless we get one of those rookie phenoms, Stevie's looking at year 7 of he career before he maybe gets a QB that matches his ability?

He's hanging out with a WR who has a Superbowl Champion, Superbowl MVP, and a League MVP throwing him the ball. I wouldn't fault Stevie for wondering what he's doing here.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Otishawk View Post
    Although I would not cut him, he truly might be the most overrated player in team history by this board.

He is slightly above average at best, certainly not top 25 in the league...............just shows the sorry state this team is in that some fans think he is a difference maker.

I don't believe he is responsible for ever winning a game for this franchise, although he has lost at least two!

If he ever grows up and learns to be a team player instead of only concerning himself with himself (and if he learns to shut his big mouth.) he could end up being a respectable #2 receiver for this team.

Time will tell.
    This is where you get embarrassed.

His stats rank him at 18th in the league in catches, 18th in yards. (so right there you're wrong.)

Of the 17 WRs ahead of him only 7 have higher yards per catch, yet is quarterback throws for 6.7 yard average. (so who's helped who out more...Fitz or Stevie?)

Of the 17 quarterbacks who threw for more yards than Fitzpatrick did last year, all of them have a higher average, save Sam Bradford who equaled Bradford's 6.7.

So not even in the top 25...he's 18th in the league on this team which is in the "sorry state" claimed with a sorry quarterback. (With Stevie and C.J. Fitz barely gets to 3,000 if that last year.)

Looks like Otis fell for the 7th round pick status or something cause he didn't watch the Bills or look at the numbers.

You think Russell Wilson tossing Stevie passes nets more than 1,046 and 79 catches? I certainly do.

We're sitting on a 95 catch guy and no QB to get him there.
    2. He's a Jets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    Look we all know what Stevie has done on the field. So there can be no argument on if he had played well on the field.

So here is the Question: Schoop said if he was Marrone he would cut Stevie for what he did. So you agree?

1) I don't care what he said on the radio he should stay!
    2) what he said is more important then what he did, he should be cut.

This is a test to see how many really dumb people we have on this board!
    You will open the floodgates, my friend. How about the Bills' change their strategy a bit. Instead of putting character above everything else, lets sprinkle in a little maturity screening. Anyone that tests below, let's say, the 10th grade level, we don't sign. When you give a nit-wit millions of dollars, all you have is a rich nit-wit. Why do we expect some magical transformation?

The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

why anyone would want to cut THE ONLY MAN WITH 3 STRAIGHT 1K SEASONS in Bills history, over a harmless radio interview, and some mad/horrible radio show host is beyond me.
    NFL: Bills
    MLB: Orioles
    NCAAFB:Penn ST
    NCAAMB: Maryland/Kansas

ADOPT-A-BILL2014 : Nickell Robey

i named my cat spiller

Lol why would anyone even think about cutting Stevie. If we didn't have Stevie we wouldn't have a win in the past 3 years. Over the past 5 years Stevie is the greatest thing that happened in buffalo other than spiller
    General Manager of the New Jersey Mobsters!!

2014 Adopt a Bill: DL Marcell Dareus #99

Quote Originally Posted by Otishawk View Post

Time will tell.
    He is obviously no the most overrated player in bills history, has anyone else had 3 1k recieving yards seasons? No. He does that with the worst QB in the the NFL what does that say?
    General Manager of the New Jersey Mobsters!!

2014 Adopt a Bill: DL Marcell Dareus #99