Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching staff just got fired, no playoffs in 13 yrs, and Stevie jokes about working

Default Coaching staff just got fired, no playoffs in 13 yrs, and Stevie jokes about working

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

THAT is the problem. This team finished a disappointing 6-10. An 18 year old kid today was barely in kindergarten the last time this team was in a playoff game. An entire generation of football fans has never seen them in the playoffs. Lots of good people just lost their jobs because of the losing here. Some coaches and players might never get the opportunity to hold these jobs again.

And he is joking around on national radio wondering what would happen if he put the work in?!

Chan Gailey and his entire staff just got fired. Gailey will be fine (as will his coordinators), but many of the position coaches don't make big bucks. Some assistants (especially for a team like the Bills) make a couple hundred grand, or even less in some cases. That sounds like a lot until you realize that once these guys on Chan's staff get canned, many of them are going to struggle to replace that income. Ditto for many of these players, who are low draft picks or waiver wire pickups trying to hold on to the dream.

And a major guy on the team giggles and wonders aloud on a national radio program at the Super Bowl about what would happen if he actually put the work in?!

It is an insult. It shows the lack of discipline that Stevie has been known for. Heck, he told everyone listening that he isn't as disciplined as he could be.

How many players on teams like the Ravens, 49ers, Patriots*, Broncos, etc. do you hear saying that? None. Instead, you hear about HARD WORK. DEDICATION. DISCIPLINE.

The Bills have some big problems in the locker room. Let's hope Marrone is up to the task.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

YES! How to people not understand this? Total slap in the face to the organization.

Thanks for the thread; I didn't catch the interview & didn't know what the story was. The fact that he's joking about this seems pretty stupid.

stevie really has no one to push him
    Adopt-A-Bill 2012:Zebrie Sanders Adopt-A-Bill 2013:Garrison Sanborn

What about the past 13 yrs tho?
    The changes have to work. Right?

He never said if he puts work in stupid....he obviously puts in work if he can keep up with a nfl training camp and be one of the best recievers in the league....stop making stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by billsinbahamas View Post
    He never said if he puts work in stupid....he obviously puts in work if he can keep up with a nfl training camp and be one of the best recievers in the league....stop making stuff up
    i didnt see or hear the interview, so i dont know what was said or in what context....but stevie is one of the only consistent producers on this team so i dont really have a problem as long as he keeps producing

Quote Originally Posted by cbbloom29 View Post
    i didnt see or hear the interview, so i dont know what was said or in what context....but stevie is one of the only consistent producers on this team so i dont really have a problem as long as he keeps producing
    Thats because you a probably a smart man....most of the people that have a problem with him are the usual losers who always make dumb comments...people on here are actually talking about trading him because he says he thinks he can improve his game from 1000 yards to 1200 yards....

Meanwhile they neglect to mention how he was talking Buffalo up the whole interview and actually made playing in buffalo sound like a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Police View Post
    THAT is the problem. Some coaches and players might never get the opportunity to hold these jobs again.

Some assistants (especially for a team like the Bills) make a couple hundred grand, or even less in some cases. That sounds like a lot until you realize that once these guys on Chan's staff get canned, many of them are going to struggle to replace that income.

And a major guy on the team giggles and wonders aloud on a national radio program at the Super Bowl about what would happen if he actually put the work in?!

It is an insult. It shows the lack of discipline that Stevie has been known for. Heck, he told everyone listening that he isn't as disciplined as he could be.

How many players on teams like the Ravens, 49ers, Patriots*, Broncos, etc. do you hear saying that? None. Instead, you hear about HARD WORK. DEDICATION. DISCIPLINE.

The Bills have some big problems in the locker room. Let's hope Marrone is up to the task.
    Well first off--I have to start by saying that I really don't have sympathy for those who lost their jobs making that kind of money; if they had at least half of a brain, they would have saved a lot of it in the case of losing their jobs. Cry me a river for a person who has been unemployed full-time now for a year and half and looking to finish up school.

As far as the displine factor is concerned, if this were to happen on another team like the Patriots, then he is looking at either getting cut or suspended for the entire season like when it happend to Terry Glenn on the Patriots back in 2001, the year they won their first super bowl.
    The best man to ever lead this franchise, especially when adversity was not common in the league at the time. Ralph, firing this guy was the biggest mistake of your life and you will go down in history with too many fans knowing that! Kudos Mr. Bill Polian, at least you won your championship; I'm happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by cbbloom29 View Post
    How much more do you think he could produce if he put the work in? What kind of example is he setting for his teammates if he is a leader?

Randy Moss talked about how he thinks he was the best ever. He was not but he could have been if he put the work in. Rice had half his talent but an incredible work effort and is the best ever because of it.

Fun police is a great name for you!
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

I could careless about his comments... Kid plays hard on the field... Imagine if he actually had a **** good QB throwing him the ball...

Ineptitude from the top to bottom leads to player apathy at times also.
    Originally Posted by lilfaith24
    Tuel is not a bad QB,you just have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioBilliams View Post
    stevie really has no one to push him
    I agree with that. And I think he gave up on Fitz so he really doesn't care right now. As someone wrote lets hope Marrone can turn things around. Some of these guys need a real wake up call.
    11/6/12-The day the music died.

LMAO this thread cracks me up. A bunch a whiny jock snots making much ado about absolutely nothing
    Woods, Williams and Watkins.... the 3 double U's

Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa

Any of you think Stevie Johnson doesn't give 100 percent when he's on the field?

I've posted this many times

Usually when a player defects or signs with antoher team... they all say the same thing

"behind the scenes teh buffalo bills do not act like a professional org"
    "behind the scenes nobody wants to win"
    Behind the scenes...
    You show me a pay stub for $72,000, I quit my job right now and work for you.

"Peace be with you, my brothers, and also with backup Buffalo running back C.J. Spiller." - Ruxin (The League)

Didn't he say that he still trains and works out just not with heavy lifting? The guy has been the most consistent player on the Bills roster for the last 3 years, I have no worries about what Steve does during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling On Youboty View Post
    Any of you think Stevie Johnson doesn't give 100 percent when he's on the field?
    I do not think he does. I think he takes plays off and his persona is certainly not conducive to success.

And for those who have not heard the interview, judge for yourselves:

Quote Originally Posted by BornBillfan View Post
    I've posted this many times

Usually when a player defects or signs with antoher team... they all say the same thing

"behind the scenes teh buffalo bills do not act like a professional org"
    "behind the scenes nobody wants to win"
    Behind the scenes...
    This really depends on who you talk to. Take Poz and Whitner as examples. Whitner was a classic underachiever that got hammered by the fans because he always opened his mouth and back up his talk, on the other side Poz was somewhat of an overachiever, that never talked and was the Blue collar guy the Bills fans like and he had not one bad thing to say about Buffalo. Consider the source.