Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walter Football.com Mock Draft

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by TheNittanyLion View Post
    Cam Newton also won the Heisman.
    Matt barkley was rated higher than RGIII before he decided not to enter last years draft.

Sammy Watkins is going to be ROTY.
    And sig this.... Watkins will set the Bears on their ears opening day. 120 yds, 2 TD's and a return for TD.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasloveforthebills View Post
    There were people early on saying them at first. Then the combine started, and it really became Newton or Dareus for a while. Then Newton ran away with it after his pro day IIRC.
    I agree he was considered the number one all season long and in almost all the early mocks. But it came out in January that he had to have knee surgery and he couldn't participate in the combine because of it. Then when the teams got a hold of his medical records he plummeted and got drafted at the end of the second round. So it wasn't a surprise everybody had known for months he was no longer first round worthy because of the medical risk.

And Newton won the Heisman and the national championship don't forget. He wasn't under the radar either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNittanyLion View Post
    Cam Newton also won the Heisman.
    And the national championship for JC and D1

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBills92 View Post
    Don't remember anybody saying Bowers or Fairley as the number one overall pick. Bowers had surgery on his knee right after the end of the season and couldn't participate in almost any pre draft events. He held a proday very late and could only do certain things because he hadn't recovered fully yet. His medical said he already had the beginning of arthritis in the knee along with the micro fracture surgery on the knee.
    You have a bad memory then. It was definitely a consistent conversation that year. He has a great point.

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    You have a bad memory then. It was definitely a consistent conversation that year. He has a great point.
    Read my response to the time frame a few above this.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinocoach View Post
    Matt barkley was rated higher than RGIII before he decided not to enter last years draft.
    You are saying Barkley won't be any good? I think he will be an above-average starter at the very least in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by djb4500 View Post
    I do, very clearly. Every pre-combine mock had Fairley and Bowers competing for number one, Von Miller was a mid-first rounder. Look at last year too. Barron and Gilmore weren't even being discussed in the first round at this time, and went top 10.
    I agree all season and early mocks. But in january it came out he needed surgery and he couldn't participate in the combine because of it. When the teams got his medical records in February there was no longer a chance he would be the first pick and that was widely known for months before the draft. It wasn't a last minute surprise that he was drafted at the end of the second round instead of number one overall.

I agree all season and early mocks. But in january it came out he needed surgery and he couldn't participate in the combine because of it. When the teams got his medical records in February there was no longer a chance he would be the first pick and that was widely known for months before the draft. It wasn't a last minute surprise that he was drafted at the end of the second round instead of number one overall.
    He didnt drop out of first overall discussion till late March. Even when the draft rolled around everyone was shocked he fell out of the first. No one expected the slide to be that drastic.

Read my response to the time frame a few above this.
    What about Fairley? He didn't have the surgery but fell all the way to the middle of the first round after being touted as the #1 pick.