Thread: Bills will not tender WR Donald Jones

Default Bills will not tender WR Donald Jones

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

The Buffalo Bills today announced that the team will not tender WR Donald Jones, making the wide receiver available when the NFL free agency period begins on March 12th.Bills General Manager Budd...

www.bills.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-2/Bills-will-not-tender-WR-Donald-Jones/024755a6-3cce-4f7c-aba6-983bd0001f25]Click Here For Full Story...[/url]

sooooooooooooooooo ??

I know most ppl don't like the idea but if we draft a QB, it's almost a given that he needs a vet to target to make up for his mistakes and help him develop a feel for the league. Reggie Wayne for instance with Andrew Luck. Without that connection i'm not sure Luck finds himself so quickly in this league. Anquan Boldin for me, is a guy that is just automatic when the ball is in his area. He's not the youngest, or most athletic of recievers, but the dude is a straight beast. I'd love to see whoever we draft (im hoping Barkley) connect with a guy like Anquan on the norm. Everytime the ball went his way in the superbowl and throughout the playoffs it was automatic, the guy is still a serious force. I'd love to see him here and i know im probably gonna get flamed about salary, age, and blah blah blah. Dudes a sick receiver, all im saying.

Quote Originally Posted by k.savz View Post
    I know most ppl don't like the idea but if we draft a QB, it's almost a given that he needs a vet to target to make up for his mistakes and help him develop a feel for the league. Reggie Wayne for instance with Andrew Luck. Without that connection i'm not sure Luck finds himself so quickly in this league. Anquan Boldin for me, is a guy that is just automatic when the ball is in his area. He's not the youngest, or most athletic of recievers, but the dude is a straight beast. I'd love to see whoever we draft (im hoping Barkley) connect with a guy like Anquan on the norm. Everytime the ball went his way in the superbowl and throughout the playoffs it was automatic, the guy is still a serious force. I'd love to see him here and i know im probably gonna get flamed about salary, age, and blah blah blah. Dudes a sick receiver, all im saying.
    no problem with me agree with you as all things in life what will be the cost?

I heard with Flaaco surely getting resigned that they may release Anquan (and or Ed Reed) ? It may just cost money and no assets, but how much he'd want i really have no clue.

I guess all we as fans can do is wait and see what direction the "New Regime" will be going..........to me it sounds like like my dads old pontiac with new rims and a tail fin same old engine though......

Donald Jones is injury prone and by default he was allowed to show why Buff did not need a big fast WR and he did not show us that!
    Get Dwayne Bowe and we will forget Jones with Graham and Bowe outside and Stevie and David inside. There are plenty of wide outs in the draft and I pray we get a stud AND a vet in free agency.
    This off-season is an exciting one as Buff will get even closer to being contenders if they continue to make the right moves.

Donald was never impressive to me, I would have been ok with him on roster, just not as #2.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEYEZ View Post
    Donald was never impressive to me, I would have been ok with him on roster, just not as #2.
    Yeah, a # 4 or 5 WR...fine, but we have enough of those guys.

This is hopefully just the beginning, but it was weird that the press stated that both sides were working on a deal and then the story came out about the Bills not extending him an offer.

Un next...Ruvel Martin?
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

This almost guarantees that we will be going after a high value reciever in FA and or early round draft. Nelson is in pretty much the same predicament as Jones was.

does this mean we draft a tall red zone guy?
    I love the smell of charcoal in the morning.

I like Jones but he was probably asking for starting WR money. To which Marrone and Nix probably told his agent "There's the door. Tell Donald we wish him luck."

Boldin is not an option... He states he will retire if his contract is not extended with the RAVENS

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000137458/

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Arnold View Post
    I like Jones but he was probably asking for starting WR money. To which Marrone and Nix probably told his agent "There's the door. Tell Donald we wish him luck."
    I have to agree here. His Agent probably told him the Bills had limited options whereas Nelson's Agent probably said he would play for free!