Thread: 1 Hour Ralph Wilson special on Channel 2 tonight

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Kinda like Ralph Wilson this is your life
    2014 The year of the Buffalo!!!!

2012, 2013, and 2014 Adopt-a-Bill

Mario Williams

High school Sports broadcaster for MCR radio

I think people need to be honest when critiquing Ralph but also be not as vitriol whenthey do it. Ralph is a cornerstone for father of the NFL. Kept the Bills in Buffalo and is putting steps in place to ensure they always stay
    in Buffalo!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykoop View Post
    I think people need to be honest when critiquing Ralph but also be not as vitriol whenthey do it. Ralph is a cornerstone for father of the NFL. Kept the Bills in Buffalo and is putting steps in place to ensure they always stay
    in Buffalo!
    I agree that segment with Sully was pretty negative.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Good Luck Stevie!!! You will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykoop View Post
    in Buffalo!
    Wait, what? Considering the NFL had to fight with him to keep the Bills in Buffalo and with leasing? The factors that aside from his own daughter they were still speculating on selling the team? I think drinking the kool-aid of a positive image of a man who delivered so many dismal seasons and has yet to return to the play-off's because he's to cheap should make people think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZiehmer View Post
    Wait, what? Considering the NFL had to fight with him to keep the Bills in Buffalo and with leasing? The factors that aside from his own daughter they were still speculating on selling the team? I think drinking the kool-aid of a positive image of a man who delivered so many dismal seasons and has yet to return to the play-off's because he's to cheap should make people think twice.
    I love the folks who call Ralph cheap, but then fail to acknowledge that ticket prices in Buffalo are among the lowest in the league, the club section does not sell out, the boxes do not sell out, no PSL's and they have to play a game in another country to stay viable, But RALPH is the cheap one! You may not think he does a lot to support the team, but what do you give him to work with??? Ralph would make so much money if he left town to LA or moved team north full time. Please acknowledge that much at least.

The league had to fight him to resign a lease? Where is that coming from!
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bills Fan in Philly View Post
    I love the folks who call Ralph cheap, but then fail to acknowledge that ticket prices in Buffalo are among the lowest in the league, the club section does not sell out, the boxes do not sell out, no PSL's and they have to play a game in another country to stay viable, But RALPH is the cheap one! You may not think he does a lot to support the team, but what do you give him to work with??? Ralph would make so much money if he left town to LA or moved team north full time. Please acknowledge that much at least.
    You get what you pay for. You can't charge Porsche prices when you deliver a Pinto product. Let Ralph try to get the corporate welfare he gets from NYS and WNY somewhere else. If the grass was that much greener, he would already be gone. He didn't want to be here in the first place, (Miami was his first choice and he was basically forced to take Buffalo), isn't from here, and has reached in his pocket very few times compared to the amounts subsidized by outside entities. You all can canonize him if you want, but you won't see any bronze bust of him in my foyer.

The world is comprised of three types of people:
    1. Wolves
    2. Sheep
    3. Those that protect the Sheep from the Wolves
    Proud to be a lifelong member of category #3

The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

I'd like him a lot more if he sold the team to a person committed to keeping the Bills in Buffalo.
    “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” -William Ward

Quote Originally Posted by EscapedfromNY View Post
    You get what you pay for. You can't charge Porsche prices when you deliver a Pinto product. Let Ralph try to get the corporate welfare he gets from NYS and WNY somewhere else. If the grass was that much greener, he would already be gone. He didn't want to be here in the first place, (Miami was his first choice and he was basically forced to take Buffalo), isn't from here, and has reached in his pocket very few times compared to the amounts subsidized by outside entities. You all can canonize him if you want, but you won't see any bronze bust of him in my foyer.
    Ralph did want Miami but he wasn't forced into Buffalo. He was given a list of cities and he chose Buffalo. He also chose to vote know about every team movie saying it wasn't fair to the fans. So 100% of the time, he's idled with the fans not the owner seeking more money. Does he take tax breaks? Yeah he does. But the Bills also brings a huge amount of tax revenue to WNY. So the state gets a return on it's investment.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

I DVRed it, so I'll probably watch it this week sometime. They will probably replay it as some point or put it on their website.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

And now his bean counter, long lost son is in charge and its nothing more than a diversion from the powerhead in Detroit, ask yourself, how does a guy whos been around for all the years of futility get rewarded by being promoted and people see it as a glass half full scenario, glass half full of **** maybe, anyway this is about Ralph and not Ralph Jr.

Some people seem to think that Russ Brandon was just given partial ownership. I'm not sure where that comes from. Did Holmgren own the Browns? Did Donahoe own part of the Bills when he was given total control here?

I am honestly asking. I don't get where Kilgore came up with that.
    Find a way to get Clowney or Mack!

Quote Originally Posted by sjhbillsfan View Post
    Ralph did want Miami but he wasn't forced into Buffalo. He was given a list of cities and he chose Buffalo. He also chose to vote know about every team movie saying it wasn't fair to the fans. So 100% of the time, he's idled with the fans not the owner seeking more money. Does he take tax breaks? Yeah he does. But the Bills also brings a huge amount of tax revenue to WNY. So the state gets a return on it's investment.
    I don't dislike the man, It just seems to me that over the years he has figured out that the City, State and County are desperate, and the fans will continue to gobble up his product, even though it has been below average for countless years. He knows he can rattle his "moving the team" sabre, whenever he wants money from the local or state government, and he is in a no pressure comfort zone, while he makes countless millions per year, and the value of the franchise balloons. If he tried this act in a real football town, he would be burned at the stake. Even the Bidwells' and the Fords' came around eventually, but it appears we will not see it here under his tenure. Too easy for him to make money doing exactly what he has become accustomed to doing, which is the bare minimum to exist.

1. Wolves
    2. Sheep

The human race is doomed when the forces of good refuse to aggressively confront the forces of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by WackArnolds View Post
    This must be the top secret video Chan was talking about!
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title. Maybe he will come out of hiding to claim it.

I don't dislike the man, It just seems to me that over the years he has figured out that the City, State and County are desperate, and the fans will continue to gobble up his product, even though it has been below average for countless years. He knows he can rattle his "moving the team" sabre, whenever he wants money from the local or state government, and he is in a no pressure comfort zone, while he makes countless millions per year, and the value of the franchise balloons. If he tried this act in a real football town, he would be burned at the stake. Even the Bidwells' and the Fords' came around eventually, but it appears we will not see it here under his tenure. Too easy for him to make money doing exactly what he has become accustomed to doing, which is the bare minimum to exist.
    See and that is where your argument is BS. Not only has he never threatened to move the team, he has taken a lot of steps to keep them viable in western ny. Moving training camp, the Toronto series, building a new office complex at OBD. He is dead set against teams moving and you act like he keeps threatening the fans he will leave. He has said that the Ralph needed updates but the Ralph isn't all of Western NY, just like the Rock Pile wasn't all of western ny.

You can't produce one link from Ralph saying he will move the team if we don't do what he wants.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

See and that is where your argument is BS. Not only has he never threatened to move the team, he has taken a lot of steps to keep them viable in western ny. Moving training camp, the Toronto series, building a new office complex at OBD. He is dead set against teams moving and you act like he keeps threatening the fans he will leave. He has said that the Ralph needed updates but the Ralph isn't all of Western NY, just like the Rock Pile wasn't all of western ny.

You can't produce one link from Ralph saying he will move the team if we don't do what he wants.
    Not really dead set you ask us to produce links, we produce his actions, and still you want further proof to make it canonical for Ralph. I'll say it real slowly; you are not allowed to talk to me (John C. McGinley tone). On that note how often did his daughter lead the scouting charge during the eighties and nineties, how often did she find the likes of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and underrated values like Carwell Gardner a long forgotten full back? She took over drafting, scouting, and video tape reviews because she was tired of losing. Of, course in actions speaking louder then words really proud that fans like you keep buying the 6-10 hogwash; his daughter would have made a much better owner at this point and time.

Not really dead set you ask us to produce links, we produce his actions, and still you want further proof to make it canonical for Ralph. I'll say it real slowly; you are not allowed to talk to me (John C. McGinley tone). On that note how often did his daughter lead the scouting charge during the eighties and nineties, how often did she find the likes of Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and underrated values like Carwell Gardner a long forgotten full back? She took over drafting, scouting, and video tape reviews because she was tired of losing. Of, course in actions speaking louder then words really proud that fans like you keep buying the 6-10 hogwash; his daughter would have made a much better owner at this point and time.
    Escape said Ralph Rattles the saber of leaving. That is total BS, because the only thing Ralph has ever done about a team movie is vote against owners move. You can give his daughter credit for Polian's drafts is you want, but I can't for the life of me figure out why that has anything to do with the topic.

You can complain about our success or choices he made that you feel should be different, but you can't say he 'holds the threat of moving'. The Rams, Cards, Raiders, Ravens (when they where Browns), Colts off the top of my head,have all left places for more money, and every time it was voted on if they could do it, Ralph voted against it. So if you want to say he didn't invest enough in the team we can debate that but you can't say that he threatened to move the team. Because that is such a lie it is stupid. And it just shows the world you are a hater.
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!

Every single time he speaks about the team being "financially viable" in our small market, or needing PSL's, or more corporate sponsorship, or major facility upgrades "to remain competitive", that is exactly what he is threatening. Every single time he sticks his hand out, and expects the County or State to grease it, he is saying he needs help if we want his team to remain here, and we had better take care of him. Thinly veiled threats at best. People here under estimate his manipulative ability because he is old, and is not in your face, like Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones. He knows exactly what he is doing, and has played us all like a fiddle for years and years.

1. Wolves
    2. Sheep

He threatened to move the team before the agreement to build Rich Stadium. It was publicized.
    If you are speaking in more recent history, then that is correct, he hasn't threatened to move the team.

Was he serious about moving the team? I don't think so, but he did make that claim.

Every single time he speaks about the team being "financially viable" in our small market, or needing PSL's, or more corporate sponsorship, or major facility upgrades "to remain competitive", that is exactly what he is threatening. Every single time he sticks his hand out, and expects the County or State to grease it, he is saying he needs help if we want his team to remain here, and we had better take care of him. Thinly veiled threats at best. People here under estimate his manipulative ability because he is old, and is not in your face, like Daniel Snyder or Jerry Jones. He knows exactly what he is doing, and has played us all like a fiddle for years and years.
    So when he says 'this is what we need to be competitive here' you hear 'I want to move'?
    In Dougs We Trust!!!!