Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are they thinking??

Default What are they thinking??

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

I cannot believe that the Bills would cut George Wilson when there is a chance they can lose Jaruis Byrd to Free Agency. Also cutting Nick Barnett, the best Linebacker in on a terrible linebacking core was also dumb. Sometimes I just don't understand what the Bills are thinking....

Tag Byrd, problem solved

they are thinking both guys make too much money for what they are bringing to the table

Quote Originally Posted by Bills1989 View Post
    I cannot believe that the Bills would cut George Wilson when there is a chance they can lose Jaruis Byrd to Free Agency. Also cutting Nick Barnett, the best Linebacker in on a terrible linebacking core was also dumb. Sometimes I just don't understand what the Bills are thinking....
    I wonder if one has something to do with the other...????

Maybe you should wait and see. How long before they go to camp?
    As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom.
    - Pythagoras.

Nick Barnett was terrible last year and they want to see what Searcy can do...

Cutting Wilson means there is 0% chance Byrd is going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BIGT2322 View Post
    Nick Barnett was terrible last year and they want to see what Searcy can do...
    Barnett plays Linebacker and Searcy plays Saftey. So what would realeasing Barnett have anything to do with Searcy??

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinflavoredtuna View Post
    I wonder if one has something to do with the other...????
    Seriously, the lack of being able to connect the dots around here ...
    *** Adopt a Bill 2014: Kiko Alonso ***

Nobody tanks in otas unless they show up drunk or 150 pounds overweight. - BadLandsMeanie

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojanglezs View Post
    Cutting Wilson means there is 0% chance Byrd is going anywhere
    exactly. plus they have AJ Williams possibly moving to safety as well.

Also cutting Nick Barnett, the best Linebacker in on a terrible linebacking core was also dumb
    Really?

It's a new era.. I'm glad we are starting to "trim the fat. I love George Wilson and Nick Barnett a lot. They played their hearts out and I wish them the best. Hopefully George can land a starting role on a playoff type team. He deserves it.

Barnett plays Linebacker and Searcy plays Saftey. So what would realeasing Barnett have anything to do with Searcy??
    He's making 2 separate points. Reading comprehension must not be a strong suit of yours.

So if you are the best linebacker in a terrible linebacker group, what does that make you?? i dont think OBD is the dumb one here! Stay in school kid....

Barnett and Wilson were the TOP TWO tacklers on the team last season.

Does it make any sense to cut the two guys who had THE MOST TACKLES?

It makes me nervous...

A lot of talk but no walk and a lot of bark and no bite from them two. They cut em and can turn and use some of that money on Byrd, and Levitre. Also, draft some players through the draft that come with cheaper contracts.
    ''You appease (fans) for about three months,'' Nix said. ~ 11/2/2012

Chan Gailey 12/26/2010 - Pass rush would of helped a couple of those. That guy (Tom Brady) stood back there forever and someone finally come open.

Quote Originally Posted by GregB777 View Post
    Barnett and Wilson were the TOP TWO tacklers on the team last season.

Does it make any sense to cut the two guys who had THE MOST TACKLES?

It makes me nervous...
    I agree. I wasnt high as some here on barnett n wilson. I saw both look terrible alot of the time,especially in coverage but i figured they are adequate and didnt see this coming. Makes me nervous too and a bit of a head scratcher,but also says we might make alot of noise in FA

Hey there , did it ever occur to you that the $3.825M in cap space saving for cutting Wilson and $3.5M in savings for Barnett may go to resigning Byrd or the inevitable Franchise Tag he will get if he doesn't resign?

I do agree that letting Barnett go makes a larger hole at LB, but he wasn't the best of players out there and obviously the new regime wants guys who are impact players not just just statistical leaders.

A few novels short of a full bookcase....

Dude, I hate to be the one to break it to you but this is the way good teams operate in the NFL. When you aren't getting the production out of a veteran, you cut them free early to allow them time to catch on with another team. The Bills had enough respect for both of these true professionals to cut them early and not drag them into training camp, only to cut them just before the season, limiting their options. A class move for two class players on the down side of their careers.
    2014 Draft *Traded with Cleveland for #4 overall. We gave up #9, next years 1st round pick and 4th round pick.

RD 1) #4 SAMMY WATKINS WR CLEMSON
    RD 2) #41 CYRUS KOUANDJIO OT ALABAMA
    RD 3) #71 PRESTON BROWN ILB LOUISVILLE
    RD 4) #109 ROSS COCKRELL CB DUKE
    RD 5) #149 TRADED
    RD 5) #153 CYRIL RICHARDSON OG BAYLOR
    RD 6) TRADED
    RD 7) #221 RANDELL JOHNSON OLB FLORIDA ATLANTIC
    RD 7) #237 SEANTREL HENDERSON OT MIAMI

typical over reaction. How many players have the bills release that have gone on to be great players some where's else recently.
    Woods, Williams and Watkins.... the 3 double U's

Made in USA NFL gear...
    http://www.nflshop.com/search/made%20in%20usa