Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incarcerated Bobs latest tweet

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by jayryp80 View Post
    You sure do. And looking at any of my posts, ever, I'm awesome.
    Fixed it.
    "I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it."

Missy Misdemeanor Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by czech54 View Post
    You are incorrect.

The Bills can cut him before he gets his bonus, designate him as a June 1st cut, and spread the $10 million of cap hit out over two years -- While also saving $7.5 million of real money that they can then use to pay out to other free agents.

Yup, exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by RTLong View Post
    Byrd could qualify as a FA signing technically.
    And that would be the FA signing that makes Bob the genius correct. ICB is a regular Nostradumass.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I spent half of my money on gambling, liquor, and wild women. The other half I wasted."
    WC Fields

Quote Originally Posted by BIGT2322 View Post
    He is like Neil Rackers, you never know with this guy but here is his latest tweet about the bills

Incarcerated Bob has a lower success rate when he's the first person to predict something than a roulette wheel.

Wait, so the team that has a new coaching staff, and just released their top 2 tacklers are going to make some move(s) to add to their defense?

Wow, who does this guy know that gives him such privileged information! ICB Nation is strong! bahahahahahahhaha.
    -G

"I don't like the Dolphins, I don't like the Jets, I don't like the m- f- Patriots! I don't like the Browns 'cuz they start with a B! Let's go Bills Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba Bills, Let's go Bills!" -If you hear this being cheered at Bills games... I am likely the one you are hearing!

No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by czech54 View Post
    You are incorrect.

The Bills can cut him before he gets his bonus, designate him as a June 1st cut, and spread the $10 million of cap hit out over two years -- While also saving $7.5 million of real money that they can then use to pay out to other free agents.
    As I understand the cap rules, if a player is cut, all of the guaranteed money that he's owed counts against the cap in that year, so there's no way to spread Fitzpatrick's cap hit over 2 years if he's cut. Fitzpatrick counts $10 million against the cap if he's cut or about $10.4 million if he stays. These aren't my figures, but have been posted on this MB numerous times with links to various web sites dealing with cap figures.

Since Fitzpatrick is guaranteed about $3.5 million for 2013, the Bills would save about $6.9 million in 2013 salary by releasing him early. However, they would then have no QB on the roster, and would have to bring in at least a nominal starter, so the actual 2013 cash that they would save might be $2-3 million. However, the cost of that veteran QB's guaranteed money, pro-rated over the length of the contract, plus his 2013 salary, would be added to the Bills cap figure for 2013 in addition to Fitzpatrick's cap figure.

So, there are 2 different aspects to the numbers: "cap money" and "cash". The Bills can save cash by cutting Fitzpatrick but that will lower their available cap space by whatever a new QB costs them in terms of the cap. Therefore, cutting Fitzpatrick can't be looked at as "freeing up cap space to sign FAs".
    Should have kept Marshawn ... and Andy ... Jairus ...

Buffalo Bills, 2000-????: same trailer, different park.
    1999 ... 11-5, playoff loss
    2000 .... 8-8
    2001 .... 3-13
    2002 .... 8-8
    2003 ... 6-10
    2004 ... 9-7
    2005 ... 5-11
    2006 ... 7-9
    2007 ...
    7-9
    2008 ... 7-9
    2009 ... 6-10
    2010 ... 4-12
    2011 ...
    6-10
    2012 ... 6-10
    2013 ... 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills View Post
    Well, he did say last year at this time that the Bills were going to go hard after Mario and that we were offering a contract he couldn't turn down.
    Like a 100 other outlets. By day 3...I think it was obvious.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post
    As I understand the cap rules, if a player is cut, all of the guaranteed money that he's owed counts against the cap in that year, so there's no way to spread Fitzpatrick's cap hit over 2 years if he's cut. Fitzpatrick counts $10 million against the cap if he's cut or about $10.4 million if he stays. These aren't my figures, but have been posted on this MB numerous times with links to various web sites dealing with cap figures.

Since Fitzpatrick is guaranteed about $3.5 million for 2013, the Bills would save about $6.9 million in 2013 salary by releasing him early. However, they would then have no QB on the roster, and would have to bring in at least a nominal starter, so the actual 2013 cash that they would save might be $2-3 million. However, the cost of that veteran QB's guaranteed money, pro-rated over the length of the contract, plus his 2013 salary, would be added to the Bills cap figure for 2013 in addition to Fitzpatrick's cap figure.

So, there are 2 different aspects to the numbers: "cap money" and "cash". The Bills can save cash by cutting Fitzpatrick but that will lower their available cap space by whatever a new QB costs them in terms of the cap. Therefore, cutting Fitzpatrick can't be looked at as "freeing up cap space to sign FAs".
    I'm trying to figure out if there's some little wrinkle put into the last CBA that allows the cap hit to be spread out like what's been posted. I mean everyone who's seen and wrote about it could be taking it from the same source, but I'd like to find out.

At this point, I'd take Chase Daniel starting over Fitzpatrick. I just can't watch those passes that keep getting attempted that he just can't make. The sideline and 20 yards past the LOS act as 12th and 13th defenders.
    How do I loathe Jon Bon Jovi, let me count the ways ....
    1. He wants to buy into the team and move it to Toronto, leaving THREE NFL Franchises in Florida and ZERO in New York.
    2. He's a Jets fan.
    3. He's friends with Bill Belichick.

Seriously, why doesn't the league just kick us all where it counts and take a 15 yard penalty for taunting if they let Jon Bon Jovi and his highlights buy into our team.

In 1987, Jon was all about Tommy and Gina. In 2014, Jon's all about Claude and Anais.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if there's some little wrinkle put into the last CBA that allows the cap hit to be spread out like what's been posted. I mean everyone who's seen and wrote about it could be taking it from the same source, but I'd like to find out.

At this point, I'd take Chase Daniel starting over Fitzpatrick. I just can't watch those passes that keep getting attempted that he just can't make. The sideline and 20 yards past the LOS act as 12th and 13th defenders.
    You can designate a cut player as a post-June 1st move which allows the cap hit to be spread out between this and next season as far as I know.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine but I'm either getting money, getting some, or just doing something that requires friends, talent, or physical fitness."

Quote Originally Posted by LINDA_D View Post

You understand wrong.

In the new CBA, Teams are allowed to designate up to two players as "June 1st" cuts, which allows them to cut a player before paying a bonus, and still spread the cap hit over two years instead of absorbing it all in one year. Feel free to read the CBA, or tell whatever websites that you got your wrong information from to read it.

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaRe..._Final_CBA.pdf

(ii) Acceleration
    (1) For any player removed from the Team's roster, or whose Contract is assigned to another Club via waivers or trade, on or before June 1 in any league Year prior to the Final Capped Year, or at any time during the Final Capped Year, and unamortized signing bonus amounts will be included in Team Salary for such League Year except that for each League Year preceding the Final Capped Year, each Club may designate up to two Player Contracts that, if terminated on or prior to June 1 and if not renegotiated after the last regular season game of the prior League Year, shall be treated (except to the extent prescribed by Section 7(d)(iii) below) as if terminated on June 2, i.e., the Salary Cap charge for each such contract will remain in the Club's Team Salary until June 2, at which time its Paragraph 5 Salary and any unearned LTBE incentives will no longer be counted and any unamortized signing bonus will be treated as set forth in Subsection (2) below.
    (2) For any player removed from the Team's roster or whose Contract is assigned via waivers or trade after June 1, except in the Final Capped Year, any unamortized signing bonus amounts for future years will be included fully in Team Salary at the start of the next League Year.

Analysis: If a player is cut or traded before June 1st, then the prorations for every year of his contract not yet completed "accelerate" into the current year. This is also known as "dead money". If the player is cut or traded after June 1st, then only that current year's proration becomes dead money, while the proration from all future years accelerates into the next year. Each year, a team can select two players who will be cut before June 1st but will be treated as though they were cut after June 1st in terms of the salary cap. The only difference is that in reality the player is a free agent without having to wait until June.
    Last edited by czech54; 02-14-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Atta boy Czechy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcmccall View Post

Well doubt that Chase Daniel will be coming to the Bills. As IMHO, a rookie could be under center in 2013! And Fitz will be traded!
    NFL Training Camp!