Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's face it...Smith, Barkley, Wilson, Nassib & Glennon are all in play at 8.

Buffalo Bills

FREE iPad Download

Quote Originally Posted by dddaryl View Post
    no they are all not in play at #8 IMO.

As you say, it's just an opinion. Mine is that they absolutely are all in play at #8.

Neither of us is Buddy, but I think they're in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tates View Post
    Didn't you say Gabbert was going to be picked by the Bills at 3?

Smith and Barkley yes - but the only way Glennon or Nassib become the Bills QB is if they make it to the 2nd round - I hope they don't, as I don't want either one - Glennon is Foles and Nassib is Stanzi(actually Stanzi was more impressive during his college career).

Foles and Stanzi went about where they were predicted to go, which is way behind where Glennon and Nassib will likely go. The comparison is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Baad 1 View Post
    The Bills already have a QB.......

Yes they do, the Bills have a QB. And I have an appendix.

Nobody should expect very much out of either. Both are somewhat vestigial.

Quote Originally Posted by LABILLBACKER View Post
    Smith & Barkley will definitely be gone by the 9th pick.....I think Nassib & Glennon's stock will fade some and they'll fall to the early 2nd round.....I don't know where Tyler Wilson would fall?....maybe late 1st round....who knows what Clev. & Ariz will do re: qb's?

It's not definite they'll be gone. Fairly likely, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
    I'd say two are in play...Barkley and Smith.....
    Nassib give me a break.

Go take a break. But Glennon, Nassib and Tyler Wilson are very likely in play, even if they are a reach at #8.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCrusher View Post
    Nassib in play at eight, huh?

You guys keep finding ways to further discredit yourselves daily...nice work.

Disagreeing with you isn't discrediting yourself.

Rather the opposite, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurman#1 View Post
    As you say, it's just an opinion. Mine is that they absolutely are all in play at #8.

Neither of us is Buddy, but I think they're in play.
    Of course you would.

Foles and Stanzi went about where they were predicted to go, which is way behind where Glennon and Nassib will likely go. The comparison is awful.
    Nope, it's actually much more on point than you and your predictions. Tates is someone who has shown some knowledge when discussing QB's. He said Gabbert would bust, just like me and Smashmouth Kings.

Yes they do, the Bills have a QB. And I have an appendix.

Nobody should expect very much out of either. Both are somewhat vestigial.
    I hold my expectations very low when it comes to your posts, that is.

It's not definite they'll be gone. Fairly likely, though.
    Go take a break. But Glennon, Nassib and Tyler Wilson are very likely in play, even if they are a reach at #8.
    Not a chance, chief.

GM's destroy franchises and get fired for colossal reaches instead of picking the obvious better players in the top ten...not a chance of a Nassib being in play at eight, just stop.

Disagreeing with you isn't discrediting yourself.

Rather the opposite, actually.
    Yeah, cause you have proven to be much better than me when it comes to football knowledge, lol.

I still think your cute though...pretending to be the smartest guy in the room and whatnot everytime you appear.

Oh, and I will follow you more closely from this point forward so we can see who really makes the most sense...can't wait to expose you.

Another fraudulent poster to be outed...
    Quote from FloridaGatorsBuffaloBills "Signing Mario Williams to a 100 million dollar deal would be the biggest mistake in Bills franchise history."

Quote from Kingtut420 "Somewhere a small child gets eaten by wild lions every time mykidsdad posts on this message board."

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    I say this because, at worst, all of these QB's will be gone before our 2nd round pick @ #41. Therefore, because there is no guarantee that we would find a trade partner, we have to be prepared for the likelihood that one of these guys will be taken with our first pick.

I am holding to the belief that if Smith or Barkley falls to #5 the Bills will make a play for them, potentially surrendering at least their 2nd round pick- maybe more. However, if the Bills are unable to land either QB, I think they will stay put and take the next best QB on their board.

Personally, out of Wilson, Glennon and Nassib, FOR THE BILLS, I think the next best QB would be Ryan Nassib, based on arm strength, leadership skills, and familiarity with scheme. I would be ok with this because, not only do we get a guy that can start Day 1 (and a guy that alot of teams will want to trade back into the 1st round for), but the Bills are able to hold onto their remaining draft picks to focus on LB and WR.

But whether the pick is Smith, Barkley, Nassib, Glennon, Wilson, I am starting to think no matter what it has to be a QB at #8...It's just too important to take the risk.

Discuss
    i agree 100%. i tried to start a thread but this web site doesn't seem to allow me to do that. i wanted someone...hoping someone would start a thread looking at other teams that have surrendered picks or have very few and look at possible draft order/trade scenarios. ie. washington/cousins or any other team that may even have free agents to work with as well as places to maybe trade down and gain picks. i just think an in-depth ...objective look at this would be better reading than discussing who sucks who...just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Sdigity2 View Post
    I say this because, at worst, all of these QB's will be gone before our 2nd round pick @ #41. Therefore, because there is no guarantee that we would find a trade partner, we have to be prepared for the likelihood that one of these guys will be taken with our first pick.

I am holding to the belief that if Smith or Barkley falls to #5 the Bills will make a play for them, potentially surrendering at least their 2nd round pick- maybe more. However, if the Bills are unable to land either QB, I think they will stay put and take the next best QB on their board.

Personally, out of Wilson, Glennon and Nassib, FOR THE BILLS, I think the next best QB would be Ryan Nassib, based on arm strength, leadership skills, and familiarity with scheme. I would be ok with this because, not only do we get a guy that can start Day 1 (and a guy that alot of teams will want to trade back into the 1st round for), but the Bills are able to hold onto their remaining draft picks to focus on LB and WR.

But whether the pick is Smith, Barkley, Nassib, Glennon, Wilson, I am starting to think no matter what it has to be a QB at #8...It's just too important to take the risk.

Discuss
    Seriously how much are the Barkley homers on this board paying you to try and make them look less crazy?

I really just hope that if we go QB in the first that we trade down to obtain more picks.
    I would much rather do this in the draft than reach at #8
    1) Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
    2) Nassib/Wilson/Glennon/Landry Jones
    3) Chase Thomas - OLB Stanford
    4) Best ILB remaining.
    Mock draft.
    1) Patterson WR- Vols
    2) Nassib/Glennon/Wilson/Jones/ Manuel (the one OBD belives in)
    3) Vance McDonald TE - Rice
    4) Reddick ILB - North Carolina
    5) S.Thomas Syracuse / D.J. Swearinger - South Carolina - S
    6) Chris Jones - DT - Bowling Green
    FA. Sign Moore to play LG for two years. Sign Karlos Dansby to play ILB for 1-2 years.
    Go all in on franchise guy next year if he is there and 2nd round QB is not ready.

Adopt a Bill 2013: Allan "Uncle Phil" Branch.

With all the holes we have (and growing), I cannot see Buddy giving up a second round pick. I could certainly be wrong about this but he does not have a history of giving up high round draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by transplantbillsfan View Post
    To Baad's credit, I did see something recently on ESPN, I believe nfl live about Smith and the Vikes bein a good match.

I have to ask Baad a question, what do you and the Fitzpatrick family usually do at Christmas time?

Full disclosure, I love Fitz. I wish he succeeded desperately. I don't think he's as bad as posters on the board make him out to be, but he can't carry a team on his shoulders. He will never be a winning QB without a great team around him... that's the unfortunate truth; as much as he's a guy I want to root for. Buffalo is an underdog city so we love the underdog, and that's what Fitz is.

Enough, we need a legit QB. This QB class is strong, not weak, unlike what everyone says. It's strength lies in its depth. More than a handful of these guys are legit 1st or 2nd round talent. We have a bunch of QBs who were victims of circumstance. No perfect storms in the college QB season like a couple years ago with Cam or near-perfect storms like with luck and RGIII last year. This year we have some QBs who dealt with circumstances, often strange ones, they were dealt. Barkley, Wilson, and Nassib are the three that dealt with the biggest ones, but several others had their own.

Just because there were no perfect storms this year, it doesn't mean that if these guys are placed on our surprisingly talented team that they won't find the same immediate success many of the other rookie QBs had over the last couple years.
    Very well said. And I stand corrected on the Vikings-Smith rumor.

I only see 2 QBs that are in the mix for the 8th pick and thats Smith and Barkley. Even if both are off the board Nix wont reach on a QB he will either trade down or trade back into the 1st round to get his QB.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Eric Ebron- TE
    2. Kareem Martin- DE (trade down to pick up an extra 3rd round pick)
    2b. Kyle Van Noy- OLB (trade both 3rd round picks to move back into the 2nd round and get an additional 4th round pick)
    4. James Hurst- OT
    4b.Tyler Gaffney- RB
    5. Andrew Jackson- ILB (trade down couple spots to add another 7th round pick)
    7. Spencer Long- G
    7b. Aaron Colvin- CB

UDFA-
    BPA (best punter available)

Unless G. Smith lays an egg in the Combine I think he will be the first QB off the board. If KC doesn't take him 1st overall I would guess that Arizona will take him. If that is the case and Barkley is there for us at #8 then I don't think OBD will pass him up. I doubt Nassib will be our pick at #8.

Quote Originally Posted by TThomas1991MVP View Post
    Unless G. Smith lays an egg in the Combine I think he will be the first QB off the board. If KC doesn't take him 1st overall I would guess that Arizona will take him. If that is the case and Barkley is there for us at #8 then I don't think OBD will pass him up. I doubt Nassib will be our pick at #8.
    KC and Arizon are not the only teams that need a QB ahead of us. I could see the browns taking a QB and Philly if Smith is still on the board when they pick.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Eric Ebron- TE
    2. Kareem Martin- DE (trade down to pick up an extra 3rd round pick)
    2b. Kyle Van Noy- OLB (trade both 3rd round picks to move back into the 2nd round and get an additional 4th round pick)
    4. James Hurst- OT
    4b.Tyler Gaffney- RB
    5. Andrew Jackson- ILB (trade down couple spots to add another 7th round pick)
    7. Spencer Long- G
    7b. Aaron Colvin- CB

UDFA-
    BPA (best punter available)

Quote Originally Posted by TThomas1991MVP View Post
    Why does everyone think that Arizona and KC are going QB in the first? They both had one of the worst OL in the league last year and any young QB behind those lines is going to get wrecked. KC and Jax were in the top 5 for QB hits allowed, both in top 11 for QB Sacks allowed. Arizona was last in the league for rushing because they had no RB or a good OL to open holes. KC had the 3rd fewest sacks in the league right behind Jacksonville and Oakland. I can see Jacksonville getting a QB with the 2nd pick,but they need al ot of defensive help. I can see Cleveland getting a WR over a QB, I see Arizona going OL over a QB, I see Oakland going DE or LB over a QB, Philly just extended Vick so they are not going after a QB this year( if they do it would be Smith since he is more of a Chip Kelly guy). The only team in the top 8 that needs a QB more than any position are the Buffalo Bills. I do see a team moving up in front of the Bills (maybe the Jets). The will go for a QB if they do not trade Revis. I they trade Revis the Jets will go either CB or Safety. But, the Jets also need defensive line help since they They also need Defensive line help since their players are getting old and not as effective as they once were.

All I am saying is a lot of teams in the top 7 have a bigger need than a QB and there is very good chance that we may have a choice between Smith and Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainrc4 View Post
    Why does everyone think that Arizona and KC are going QB in the first? They both had one of the worst OL in the league last year and any young QB behind those lines is going to get wrecked. KC and Jax were in the top 5 for QB hits allowed, both in top 11 for QB Sacks allowed. Arizona was last in the league for rushing because they had no RB or a good OL to open holes. KC had the 3rd fewest sacks in the league right behind Jacksonville and Oakland. I can see Jacksonville getting a QB with the 2nd pick,but they need al ot of defensive help. I can see Cleveland getting a WR over a QB, I see Arizona going OL over a QB, I see Oakland going DE or LB over a QB, Philly just extended Vick so they are not going after a QB this year( if they do it would be Smith since he is more of a Chip Kelly guy). The only team in the top 8 that needs a QB more than any position are the Buffalo Bills. I do see a team moving up in front of the Bills (maybe the Jets). The will go for a QB if they do not trade Revis. I they trade Revis the Jets will go either CB or Safety. But, the Jets also need defensive line help since they They also need Defensive line help since their players are getting old and not as effective as they once were.

All I am saying is a lot of teams in the top 7 have a bigger need than a QB and there is very good chance that we may have a choice between Smith and Barkley.
    I agree with this. It's not a foregone conclusion KC will take a quarterback. In fact, I think they will get one in FA so they can take Joeckel number one overall. If that happens, I can see the dominoes starting to fall in the Bills favor. There may be another team mixed in there that addresses their quarterback need in FA as well. Arizona comes to mind. You're right that every team has either o-line or pass rusher issues. I think teams want to address these concerns before they go and get a wide eyed rookie quarterback. We went out and got Mario and Mark Anderson last year and we already have Dareus and Kyle Williams, so our pass rush is pretty stout. I think we will get a linebacker or two in FA as well. Our offensive line is ready. All our offense needs is a stud quarterback and another receiver and maybe another TE and we can compete. The point of all this is to say that I agree that every team in front of us has more glaring needs right now than quarterback. I think FA will clear up a lot of things in regards as to where most of the teams go in the draft.

Actually I like the comparison - I was not comparing where they will be drafted but where their talent levels are - I am not convinced Glennon is any better than Foles and Nassib is not better than Stanzi. Glennon and Nassib would not fare any better in the draft if they had come out the same years that Foles and Stanzi came out. Glennon would be hard pressed to go in the third last year and Nassib would have been considered fifth round material two years ago. I am not going to adjust my grade on either of them just because this is a weak draft class. If we had 13 picks like SF I would be ok with wasting a pick on a reach but with 6 picks, we cannot afford to waste any of our first three picks on a QB that will not be a long-time starter in the NFL and I don't see either being a starter on Sundays. Smith or Barkley in the first. EJ Manuel in the third and Matt Scott in the fifth are the only QBs that I would take. With both Manuel and Scott we would need a vet to hold the fort while they develop.

I hope Smith and Barkley are gone and we go BPA and pick a QB in FA or (shudder) stay with Fitz and hope a new coach can develop him - much like Harbaugh rescued Alex Smith. Our franchise QB will then come out of the next two classes.
    Coming soon - my wish list for 2014

Gaffney is my sleeper pick

Actually I like the comparison - I was not comparing where they will be drafted but where their talent levels are - I am not convinced Glennon is any better than Foles and Nassib is not better than Stanzi. Glennon and Nassib would not fare any better in the draft if they had come out the same years that Foles and Stanzi came out. Glennon would be hard pressed to go in the third last year and Nassib would have been considered fifth round material two years ago. I am not going to adjust my grade on either of them just because this is a weak draft class. If we had 13 picks like SF I would be ok with wasting a pick on a reach but with 6 picks, we cannot afford to waste any of our first three picks on a QB that will not be a long-time starter in the NFL and I don't see either being a starter on Sundays. Smith or Barkley in the first. EJ Manuel in the third and Matt Scott in the fifth are the only QBs that I would take. With both Manuel and Scott we would need a vet to hold the fort while they develop.

I hope Smith and Barkley are gone and we go BPA and pick a QB in FA or (shudder) stay with Fitz and hope a new coach can develop him - much like Harbaugh rescued Alex Smith. Our franchise QB will then come out of the next two classes.
    We have been saying that for the past 5 years or so. It doesn't hold water anymore. If Smith or Barkley are available, they will be the pick. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nix move up to get either one of them if he likes them enough.

What the crap is wrong with you Tates? Can you contradict yourself any more? You say Smith and Barkley are 1st round QBs, yet you don't want to draft them? Instead you want to get nothing more than a retread like Matt Moor or Alex Smith, or an unknown in Matt Flynn? Which is it? Do you actually just want to see this franchise fail and are finding every way possible for them NOT to get a QB? Last year Luck and RG3 were "sure things," yet RG3 has already shown he may not even be the Redskins starting QB day 1 of this upcoming season and likely won't be in the league in 7-8 years. Translation: THERE ARE NO SURE THINGS AT QB!!!! Roll the dice, more than one of these QBs will be NFL starters for multiple years.